PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rate your favorite Pat's picks in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mine are

1) Dont'a Hightower- I love the way this guy plays, he's just in beast mode 24/7 on the field. Run stuffer, Pass rusher, covers TE's, he can just do it all. Reminds me of a Spikes/Mayo mix, intensity + athleticism.

2) Chandler Jones- He's our own JPP, maybe not as fast, but similar style player, the DE we've been waiting for since we lost Seymour.

3) Jake Bequette- Finally got our Conner Barwin, I'm a huge Bequette fan. Non stop motor, sack master who not only sacks QB's, seems to knock them out. He's almost tied for 2nd with Jones as far as my second favorite pick.

4) Alfonzo Dennard- Some had him rated as a first round CB, very phyical DB with hops. Some say too physical ;-) (ask the cops)

5) Jeremy Ebert- Speed ! Love the speed and also very productive, hopefully he makes the team. Possible Welker replacement in the future.

6) Nate Ebner- Maybe the next Larry Izzo, loves special teams, gotta love a crazy special teamer.

7) Tavon Wilson- No comment.

What's yours ?

Hightower
Bequette
Jones
Denard
Ebert
Wilson
Ebner

Maybe flip Ebert and Wilson

Mine are

1) Dont'a Hightower- I love the way this guy plays, he's just in beast mode 24/7 on the field. Run stuffer, Pass rusher, covers TE's, he can just do it all. Reminds me of a Spikes/Mayo mix, intensity + athleticism.

2) Chandler Jones- He's our own JPP, maybe not as fast, but similar style player, the DE we've been waiting for since we lost Seymour.

3) Jake Bequette- Finally got our Conner Barwin, I'm a huge Bequette fan. Non stop motor, sack master who not only sacks QB's, seems to knock them out. He's almost tied for 2nd with Jones as far as my second favorite pick.

4) Alfonzo Dennard- Some had him rated as a first round CB, very phyical DB with hops. Some say too physical ;-) (ask the cops)

5) Jeremy Ebert- Speed ! Love the speed and also very productive, hopefully he makes the team. Possible Welker replacement in the future.

6) Nate Ebner- Maybe the next Larry Izzo, loves special teams, gotta love a crazy special teamer.

What's yours ?

Same order as yours. Can you imagine if Jones turnes into JPP and hightower into an Aldon smith?:)

I would go with
Tavon Wilson
Followed by the rest of the picks in order of selection

I put Tavon at the top of the list because it is a player in a position of need and it is that classic BB head scratcher. I love that there is something about this kid that made BB draft him in the second round when everyone else thought 5th-UDFA there has to be something that made BB jump all over him. Plus all the talk about the pick, the reach, and all bantar is great entertainment. Oh and he has 112 year old great grandmother who is one of the oldest people in the US.

Mine are

What's yours ?

Same order here, same comments .. .except for Wilson I'll put "fingers crossed." And I'd probably swap Ebner and Ebert.

Bequette as Conner Barwin - -interesting.

Mine are

What's yours ?

I would switch Ebert and Ebner but agree otherwise. Still can't believe they took Hightower, made my draft day. Like everyone else i wanted a different player at 48 but I will give him a couple of years before passing judgement on him.

Last edited:
Hightower, favorite player in the whole draft
Dennard, great value in the 7th. IMO better than Amakamura, trouble=cut soon
Jones, apparently the "experts" love him.
Bequette, high motor, high character, high production
Ebner, Don't know if he can play, but looks like a maniac on youtube video
Wilson, ultimate "who?" pick. Hope zook knows what he is talking about.
Ebert, know less about him than Wilson.

I would go with
Tavon Wilson
Followed by the rest of the picks in order of selection

I put Tavon at the top of the list because it is a player in a position of need and it is that classic BB head scratcher. I love that there is something about this kid that made BB draft him in the second round when everyone else thought 5th-UDFA there has to be something that made BB jump all over him. Plus all the talk about the pick, the reach, and all bantar is great entertainment. Oh and he has 112 year old great grandmother who is one of the oldest people in the US.

The same thing that made BB pick Bethel F*cking Johnson (my nickname for him since he was drafted) over Anquan Boldin, made BB pick Wilson over more qualified DB's, be it stupidity, senility, ego (trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else), whatever, we will be revisiting this again when Tavon Wilson is selling fries in the Illionois McDonalds.

1) Hightower - Versatile LB is my favorite defensive position.

2) Jones - Raw, but could have the highest upside.

3) Bequette - Don't know why, just love the idea of a high motor guy being added to the linemen.

4) Wilson - Sounds like a Patriot, team player, willing to play wherever the coaches want to put him, and lists his best trait as tackling ability, something our secondary lacked at times last year.

5) Ebner - A rugby badass who could become a ST beast is a great value in the 6th if he works out.

6) Ebert - Meh. No up or down, but in the 7th why the hell not.

7) Dennard - Lot of people love this pick because of his talent, to which I continue to say this: There are teams out there that will take ANYBODY with ANY character concern if they have first round talent. The fact he was still there late in the 7th means he either doesn't actually have 1st round talent, or his character concerns are a lot more than people are willing to admit to themselves. Prove me wrong Dennard, but I just don't see it.

The same thing that made BB pick Bethel F*cking Johnson (my nickname for him since he was drafted) over Anquan Boldin, made BB pick Wilson over more qualified DB's, be it stupidity, senility, ego (trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else), whatever, we will be revisiting this again when Tavon Wilson is selling fries in the Illionois McDonalds.

Hahaha you make me laugh. I am not going to even attempt to counter this becuase it is so silly. And thank you for making point as to why this is my favorite pick.

Last edited:
Mine are

What's yours ?
switch Jones and Hightower and we're good

Wilson
jones
hightower
bequette
dennard
ebert
ebner

Hightower

Jones

Wilson

Dennard

The others ... MEH ... hope they turn out good but for now MEH.

the new people with the FA signings will improve our ST's for sure.

Last edited:
7) Dennard... The fact he was still there late in the 7th means he either doesn't actually have 1st round talent, or his character concerns are a lot more than people are willing to admit to themselves. Prove me wrong Dennard, but I just don't see it.

It wouldn't be the first time a great many teams were wrongly convinced or overly concerned about character problems, relying on rumors rather than 1st hand info.

The Steelers and perhaps others wanted to draft Dan Marino but convinced themselves that false drug use rumors might have some validity, by Chuck Noll's own admission. John Elway, Todd Blackledge, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason, and Ken O'Brien all went ahead of Marino.

then you have Mallett, Hernandez, many others.

Yes, he could be Lawrence Phillips, but the cost was a 7th rounder.

Love the pick.

Not to lead Cub Scouts, but rather to play football.

Hightower
jones
dennard
bequette
wilson

(gap)

rugby guy
7th round WR guy

Last edited:
Tom Brady - 199th Pick 6th Round........
Everyone else this year tied for second.

It wouldn't be the first time a great many teams were wrongly convinced or overly concerned about character problems, relying on rumors rather than 1st hand info.

The Steelers and perhaps others wanted to draft Dan Marino but convinced themselves that false drug use rumors might have some validity, by Chuck Noll's own admission. John Elway, Todd Blackledge, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason, and Ken O'Brien all went ahead of Marino.

then you have Mallett, Hernandez, many others.

Yes, he could be Lawrence Phillips, but the cost was a 7th rounder.

Love the pick.

Not to lead Cub Scouts, but rather to play football.

There's a difference between drug use rumors or smoking weed and already being IN JAIL earlier that week, held for assault. Also, those players, despite the complications, were still taken within the first four rounds. How many picks happened after the Dennard pick? Is it a stretch to say it's possible NO ONE was going to take this player other than the Pats?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have picked him. It's like you said, for a 7th rounder who really cares. But I think is overwhelming talent might be overstated and I'm not getting any more excited about him than I did Malcolm Williams, until he proves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots