PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rate the other AFC East QB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gostkowski for 3

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Which of these QB's would you rather have? I was debating with friends the order in which I would prefer if I had to choose.

Tannehill
Sanchez
Fitzpatrick

Fitz

I think we have a better group of pass catchers than Buffalo. I'd imagine he'd do ok.

Haven't seen enough of Tannehill, and the only QB in the NFL worse than Sanchez is Tebow. Sanchez might even be worse if that's possible.

given your three choices, I pick the fourth choice...Noah Body

I'm taking tebow under the presumption he's not allowed to throw it over 10 yards.

Actually probably tannehill because he's not damaged goods by poor coaching yet. BB could teach him the right way.

Before the second half of last year, I'd have said Fitzpatrick. But since he's been sucking consistently for a year straight, I guess I'll say Tannehill. We know that Fitz and Sanchez suck, but Tannehill might become good someday.

What division sports a worse cast of QB's(other than Brady) than the east? NFC west?

I closed my eyes and touched the screen and it fitzPictrick, to answer the OP:cool:

I'd say that the top 4 probably includes Mallett. Fitz and Tanny can play to some extend.

Last edited:
What division sports a worse cast of QB's(other than Brady) than the east? NFC west?

I closed my eyes and touched the screen and it fitzPictrick, to answer the OP:cool:

A Ouija board, magic 8 ball might help as well.

I'll tell ya though, life after Brady is gonna be tough. The 49ers were lucky enough to be spoiled back to back by Montana and Young. They have had crap ever since and have to live with themselves for passing on Rodgers. A Qb that played right across the bay less than 10 miles away from their own stadium. Talk about poor scouting

Tannehill by a country mile. He'll be a worthy starter for years to come. Has some very impressive skills.

Sanchez is a poor excuse for an NFL QB, sooner probably than later, the NY press will be asking for his head on a platter...

Not sure about Tannehill yet...

Fitzpatrick, is up and down, more down..

So after Brady the second best would probably be Mallett...

I wouldnt want any of them. If I had to pick someone, I'd probably ask Zolak to suit up :eek:

AFC East QBs

Brady
Mallett
Possibly Tannehill
Fitz
Josh McDaniels
Vince Wilfork
Bianca Wilfork
Giselle

Tebow and Sanchez!

Brady
Mallett
Edelman

Fitzpatrick

Tannehill

Sanchez

Tannehill did throw for over 400 yards yesterday despite the fact that if they signed a street FA WR, he'd be their #1.

The Dolphins have dropped a lot of passes this season. He's done pretty well in adverse conditions.

This year:

Fitz
Tannehill

From next year on:

Tannehill
Fitz

I don't take the complete bust even in consideration.

The commentators yesterday mentioned how it was odd that a game between the Pats and Bills would feature a lot of turnovers.

The Pats maybe, but that certainly doesn't apply to the Bills?

I'm just thinking of our last three games in Buffalo now.

This year we forced six turnovers (4 INT, 2 fumbles)

Last year we forced at least two (2 Kyle Arrington Interceptions)

The year before we forced SEVEN turnovers! I can't remember specifics, but I definitely know it was seven.

I would take Fitzpatrick off my radar for that alone. He leads a turnover prone offense.

Last edited:
I would take Tannehill. Sanchez is never going to be more than he is now, an average to below-average NFL QB. Fitzpatrick is decent, but prone to make too many mistakes. At least Tannehill has lots of upside.

If I had to play one game with another, non-Pats QB from within our division, it might actually be Matt Moore.

Tannehill or Mallet I guess. I think he could be coached out of making mistakes but at this point I think Fitz is what he is. A guy who just makes too many mistakes, too many bad decisions, and too many bad throws.

If it was for just one game right now, with the assumption whoever it is is equally familiar with the system? I think I might still go with one of those two guys but Fitz would get a little more consideration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back