Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate day 2 of the draft for the Pats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Win, minus Ridley.

Feeling reaallllly good about that pick upon reflection. We picked up Faulks replacement when he was young and could still return then went on and replaced Morris and Taylor PLUS+ a potential for some clock killin keepin the ball outta Manning's hands in the 4th ability.

My question is Mallett, a bit. I give it a meh, because of that one pick. I dont see an upside better than Drew Bledsoe, which aint all that bad for a mid third rounder and a steal there, but...

So that one stumps me a bit.

wtf? <- are exactly my thoughts.

I've been watching a bunch of video on this kid, who I knew not much about.

Ridley just eats contact. And usually he is the one standing when the contact has happened. Lots of defenders on the ground. He needs to develop a better stiff arm then he will be an animal.

I think that one of the two RB we drafted, Vereen will be a strict ST, probably a KR. He has done both KR and PR, so he would compliment or spell Tate or Edelman.

I wonder if we are slamming Mallett because deep down we are aware that he could very well be Tom Brady's successor- meaning: the end of the Tom Brady era is finally showing on the horizon. As the saying goes, all good things come to a end.

if you look objectively at that pick- a lot of people had him going in the 1st round, first 20, and he only sank because of character issue- and that plays right into our hands. (See: Dillon, Corey; Moss, Randy, et al.). His physical weakness are the same as Brady's- a lack of athleticism, stiffness, etc. He has virtually everything that cannot be taught (field vision, arm strength, poise in checking down, a love of football) and his downsides are things that can be taught, or simply surrounding him with the right people.

BB was the one who sat down with him and had a long talk, and not us. He said that this kid loved football and had the ability to talk about it 24/7.

Could have had Hankerson, went with another RB and it was Ridley? UGH

It does my heart good ~ and inspires considerable faith in my Yankee brethren ~ that the Fail/Epic Fail/WTF's are CRUSHING "Win" 17-4...with NO "Epic Wins."

My compliments, gentlemen. :cool:

Today's work was A BedSh*tting For The Ages.

Let there be no mistake.

Sorry, OTG, but it ain't "crushing" anymore. . . .

It does my heart good ~ and inspires considerable faith in my Yankee brethren ~ that the Fail/Epic Fail/WTF's are CRUSHING "Win" 17-4...with NO "Epic Wins."

My compliments, gentlemen. :cool:

Today's work was A BedSh*tting For The Ages.

Let there be no mistake.

B1tch, b1tch, b1tch, moan, piss, and cry. Did you look at the record, 14-2, not 2-14. While Ninko and Cunningham were both starting for the first time.

Go follow a loser like the still expansion Cleveland Browns if your not happy...

I intend to say the same to all the predictable ass cavities who know zero!

If they can clean up Mallett's attitude and keep him off the blow there might be something there.

Last edited:
.....so, the 16-0 season was awesome for you then?

The fact is this team has the best quarterback of the last generation playing for them and he's not getting any younger.

I mean Mallet showed up with Jon Daly not the influence I want on a young QB. Dude is trash, not to mtention I like Hoyer and dont see any need for this pick for at least 2 years.

Im also glad were are 3 deep at 3rd down back :confused::confused::confused:

I'll vote tonight after we see what happens.

I must admit, initially I was rocked by this draft. I've been of the "We need a DE STAT!" mindset and I also thought we needed a CB. Worked all day, DVR'd the draft, and came home prepared for an all-out assault on the D, and saw:

1) A failed attempt to trade down. I had hoped they could get a 2 and 2012 1 for that pick. Seeing the Pats guys sitting there apparently morosely and doing nothing was depressing. :(

2) Dowling. He was a binky for many, but in my infinite wisdom I wanted Bailey or even Bowers there. Also, he seemed like a reach and he may be partially composed of glass. OTOH tape shows that Dowling clearly can be a force at CB, and, not sanguine about playing Arrington a ton, nor certain about Bodden returning, I talked myself into accepting this pick and girded my loins for the drafting of the remainder of the good DE by teams other than the Pats. :confused:

3) Other teams getting very little for the trade-downs in that top 2nd round area, reassuring me about the failed trade-down. :cool:

4) Vereen. Confusing. Certainly no future as a DE. However, he's just as clearly a likely 3-down RB, as he can run and catch the ball, giving the running game a bit more mystery when he's in. Think a less predictable running game would have been useful vs. the Jets? I do. Still, at the time I was pissed. :mad:

5) Another trade down, this time without much value added. I am generally okay with these trades but this one felt weak. And then, no Bowers, no Austin, no Reed, no Houston, not even Moch or Martez Wilson. But, OK, we're rocking the third round, ya? :(

6) Ridley. WTF. This looks like a UDFA to me. Why reach for this guy when Bailey, a guy who met the 3 contact rule, or Moffit or Hankerson, binkies all, are there? :mad:

7) Mallett. WTF x 10. Everything predraft says he's a turd. We already have 2 QB. OK, he's a very talented prospect, but he's immature. Maybe the reality check of his douchebaggery costing him large $ will smarten him up. Maybe riding pine behind Brady for three years with nothing to do but chase the skirts will lead to disaster. He just doesn't seem to be a Patriot. :bricks:

8) Another trade down. We got a bit better results with this one however. Small fing comfort. And we have no picks for forty spots. :mad:

IBBWT. Individually, these picks seemed confusing and depressing to me, especially given the mindset with which I approached the draft. Once I calmed down I noticed that we now have: a much better and less predictable running game, what seem to be 3 good CB and therefore more flexibility re: blitz packages, a stud LT, and a reasonable succession plan for TFB. Think BB can do anything with those additions? I sure do.

I have no idea what we're doing with the last 3 picks. I still hope a good DE is there. Maybe Ballard. Maybe we grab an LB project like Romeus or Acho or even Herzlich. Maybe we just grab another stable of supersmurf WR and CB and a manchild LS, as so many have advised. Still, the draft makes sense to me thus far.

Like most of you, I can already hear Felgie's ragegasm, christ, I can probably write it, but he's paid to do that, not run a draft, and we all know why that is. As for me, I'm pushing that garbage out of my head, and cracking open a Jack and Koolaid instead! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes