44 and 190 traded to Oakland for 42
42—TE Rob Gronkowski
47 traded to Arizona for 58 and 89
53—OLB Jermaine Cunningham
58 traded to Houston for 62 and 150
62—ILB Brandon Spikes
89 traded to Carolina for 2011 second
90—WR Taylor Price

In other words, in terms of picks, the Patriots took 44, 47, and 190, and turned them into 42, 62, 150, and a 2011 second.

Day one was a "meh" for me but day two was a win!

Epic.......... I personally loved every move today........ A lot.

I'd say it is a win. Three potential immediate starters. A WR with tons of upside but might need a little grooming. If Grokowski avoids more injuries, he could be a top TE in this league and potentially better than Gresham. But his injury puts him in a bit of a risk category.

Definite win. Would've liked another DE/OLB but oh well. Great trades, seems like good picks

Epic win, no. A win, yes. Obviously it's impossible to know how these guys will translate to the pro game, but on paper, I'm very happy with the Patriots picks today, and the 2nd next year is icing on the cake. I really love the Spikes pick.

I would give it a WIN+, definitely better than WIN but not quite EPIC WIN.

They did a great job today. I'm lucky enough to be in FL and my family are all HUGE Gator fans and they loved the Cunningham pick. Take it with a grain of salt because of the potential homerism but he was a good pick.

They stocked up our draft for next year. 4 picks in the first 2 round again gives them plenty of chances to successfully rebuild before the end of the Brady era. I would have rather seen them take Everson Griffen and a WR then trade a pick and take a WR but it's hard to be upset with the end result.

Brandon Spikes FTW!!! Love this pick, love where they got him, I'm becoming a big fan of our LB corps now. If they can find one more pass rusher before the draft ends tomorrow then we are going to be looking real good on defense.

Wondering what they have in mind for 34DE. The only position that they have failed to address so far.

Can't wait to see what happens in the 7th round tomorrow, I'm hoping they just empty the war chest on the best athletes they can find.

I said Win a lot of players i thought the Pats would be interested in. Great job

OH and if anyone rembmers the national championship game a couple years back (or it may have been the SEC championship game) Cunningham dominated

Seeing as the only "fail" vote so far comes from Jets fan, you can be sure we had a good day :cool:

Can't wait to see what happens in the 7th round tomorrow, I'm hoping they just empty the war chest on the best athletes they can find.

To borrow from something I posted earlier this year, I hope it goes something like this. [If you don't get the reference, click the link.]

2009:
Peter Tomarken: "OK, Bill, you're up. Remember you can pass this spin if you want."
BB: "I'll keep it. Come on, big value, big value, no Gholstons, STOP!"
Peter Tomarken: "Julian Edelman, WR, Kent State!"
BB: "Yes!" BB fist-pumps.

2010:
Peter Tomarken: "OK, Bill, you're up, and you have three spins you have to take. . . ."

Seeing as the only "fail" vote so far comes from Jets fan, you can be sure we had a good day :cool:

A Jets fan hanging out in a Patriots message board on draft day?..

Can someone be anymore pathetic than that?

Epic win for the simple fact that we now have 2 first round and 2 second round draft picks in a loaded 2011 NFL Draft already.

Last edited:
Because of a masterful job of working the board and getting two 3rd round picks and turning one into a second next year i gave day 2epic +

Last edited:
Because of a masterful job of working the board and getting two 3rd round picks and turning one into a second next year i gave day 2epic +

Exactly....... Didn't we not have any 3's this year going in? And just look what BB parlayed that into. He slayed this draft board. All solid guys, with a few that could be really good and have immediate impacts. The only real ? is Price, and even he has a ton of upside.

great day.... once you back out of the individual picks and look at everything in total.

Last edited:
Epic win for the simple fact that we now have 2 first round and 2 second round draft picks in a loaded 2011 NFL Draft already.

Hate to break it to you but next years draft isn't loaded. Lots of Juniors came out this year because of the threat of a pay scale meaning a lot less senior talent.

I seriously dont have any idea how it could have gone much better. We obviously got who we wanted, wants AND needs and still bargain shopped. That Arizona trade....not sure what they were doing. Carolina? They do that every other year. The Raiders, Broncos and Cowboys know the score, we dont make much hay off of them. BB is going to be in the Red Aurbach neighborhood if he keeps it up! Add to that they actually drafted one of my 2 binkies!! Welcome to Boston Mr. C.

Last edited:
Love the picks. Love them.

Only beef is that we didn't get a 3-4 DT/DE. Still have that Ray Rice run to Seys old side in my head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye