Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Cassel's week 6 performance?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but be reminded of how Bledsoe looked like in the pocket, nervous, holding on to the ball too long, had the jimmy legs going.
Much like what Cassel does.

Uccccch!!!!

I have never posted anything negative about Cassel before today, but I thought he was just awful. The only one on O who looked like he was playing with any heart or fire was Morris.

I voted bad. But he could play average to well and if the defense can't stop the passing game then it won't matter anyway.

The pass to Moss was off but Moss did turn the wrong way. If the ball was supposed to go to the outside left, then Moss screwed up too. But it's possible the ball was supposed to go down the center. On the INT, Welker ran into Dave Thomas which might have screwed up the timing, but I'm not sure that it mattered.

I was going to vote for G: Pure Crap.

Cassel's mom apperantly doesn't post here, he doesn't have a #1 vote yet.

Last edited:
Bad game by Cassel. But why is the only player you are questioning Cassel? Koppen's game was even worse, which affected both the passing and running game, and the defense gave up over 400 yards 30 points. I'd be all over Cassel a lot more if the score was 13-10 or 17-10; the entire team - not just Cassel - had a bad game.

Last edited:
Cassel was bad tonight, but to think another QB would have won this game for the Pats is crazy. The Pats lost the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball by a wide margin and the secondary was toasted. The Pats would have been better off replacing Koppen tonight than Cassel.

Cassel was part of the problem, but not the only problem. Any QB short of the caliber of Brady or Manning would have lost almost as big tonight. Unless Cassel played defense and stole Deltha O'Neal's jersey, Cassel played no part in the complete and utter breakdown by the defense. The Pats defense gave up 404 yards and 30 points and never got even close to Rivers all night.

People need to stop blaming Cassel for all the problems of this team. The problems with this team right now goes much farther than the QB. If we replace Cassel tomorrow with any of the players all the haters sugguest whether it is O'Connell or Garcia or someone else, it isn't going to correct the problems with the o-line and the defense. And if those aren't correct, no QB short of Brady or Manning is going to get this team over .500.

to think another QB would have won this game for the Pats is crazy.

You have to be kidding me.

Drew Brees wins this game by two scores with the way the Chargers DBs were playing.

You have to be kidding me.

Drew Brees wins this game by two scores with the way the Chargers DBs were playing.

LOL! I didn't know Brees was a two way player. Can he play CB? I didn't know that.

Drew Brees comes here and the Pats lose more respectably, but lose none the less. Maybe 30-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes