PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rat or Cheat, which is worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveDemPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I have a question.

Now, in a prison, what would be worse - a rat, or a cheat? It is a rhetorical question because we all know the answer regardless of whether or not you have been incarcerated. The rat is far worse. You can easily die for that kinda stuff.

This ain't prison. But, it is by definition a tough place to work. There are lots of unwritten rules about NFL behavior. Ya gotta be a man. And, the more so, the better. You really shouldn't cry about stuff. It just ain't cool. We all love players who play through gaping wounds, or broken limbs. Deny it if you like. But, those of us who love Rodney do so because he is one tough mofo.

My question is, how do these terms, cheat and rat play out over time in todays NFL? Seriously, will the jets be able to even have the heart of a champion now? The rat monacer is a pretty dispicable one and when it is your leader who wears that label, how do you respond as a team?

We as pats fans are going to be ridiculed for a long time about this stuff. But, I really wonder how it will play out amongst the football fans who enjoy the game BECAUSE it is not like a freaking courtroom. It is a place where you hit someone for doing something, and on some level, that is very cool to me.

So again, is Rat worse than Cheat? (For the record, I certainly don't think he cheated. But, I do think the fat boy is a rat.)

Belichick DID NOT CHEAT. The mediots should be charged with slander for using the words cheat and stole over and over.

Where I grew up, a rat was the lowest thing a person could be.
Period.

Belichick DID NOT CHEAT. The mediots should be charged with slander for using the words cheat and stole over and over.

I agree. But, for the rest of your Pats loving days you will be accused. Is it worth screaming at the fools? I am simply saying that game that the Jets have started is not going to be too fun for them.

Irrelevant question. Depends on the circumstances and doesn't even apply at all here.

Mangini lowered the boom on an opponent. Good stuff. Good coaching. Period.

At best, Belichick had a minority interpretation of the rule sand decided not to check his interpretation with the league and therefore ran a calculated risk. The team was found to be in violation and was penalized. Seems like a mistake to me. It is what it is.

A rat is better then a cheat, duh

I find it hard to argue that if I did something wrong, the guy who turned me in is more wrong than me.

If there's anything I've learned from watching Goodfellas and such, it's definitely snitching. :)

If there's anything I've learned from watching Goodfellas and such, it's definitely snitching. :)

Yep.

There will be a lot of sanctimonious people here saying otherwise. But in football, there is a certain amount of cheating going on. It is part of the atmosphere. But being a RAT is way uncool.

This is what happens to rats from New Jersey...

(Warning: picture below is a bit violent)

Click here to see pic

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back