PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling released

TyronePoole

Banned
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Surprise, surprise: Patriots cut CB Ras-I Dowling.

Dowling........done

According to 98.5

Considering draft position and outcome, the worst pick of the BB era.

Re: Dowling........done

Too bad his injuries kept him from succeeding. Looks like he could have been a good player if he could have stayed on the field.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Surprise, surprise: Patriots cut CB Ras-I Dowling.

Finally. I never thought he was as good when healthy as others. Of course that doesn't really matter since he was never healthy.

Good thing this leave a spot for Tebow!

forum

Not surprised to see him go. He was next to useless. But this leaves CB painfully thin.

Unfortunate he couldn't stay healthy here. Hope Ryan can step in and Dennard doesn't spend time in jail. Things are looking up for Cole, too.

Hard to argue otherwise. Everyone else picked around 33 or sooner at least played for multiple years and started for most of it. Even Chung was productive in stretches.

Disappointing.

next stop Jacksonville.

When Tavon Wilson gets cut we can debate the two picks. Ras-I was picked higher but Tavon had a 7th round grade.

obviously not too surprising, though I don't really know what the timing of it indicates (injury reaggrivation? bringing in another camp body?). I have to admit though a part of me was still holding out hope for him.

Well, that sucks. Agreed that this is probably the worst pick of the BB era.

It's up there, though I'd slide Chad Jackson right above it. CJ has a slight edge in production, but he was a genuine failure whereas there is still the slight chance that Ras-I could have been solid had he stayed healthy.

When Tavon Wilson gets cut we can debate the two picks. Ras-I was picked higher but Tavon had a 7th round grade.

It's extremely unlikely Tavon gets cut due to his usefulness on special teams.

Probably not worth reading into it, but might be that the Patriots have a good idea that Dennard won't miss time.

Worst pick of the Belichick era, though. Have to agree. Tavon Wilson might come close if he's cut this year, which his play would certainly justify.

If not claimed, I assume that he is practice squad eligible, given his inaction.

Is even that a waste?

Anyone think Stephon Morris has a chance? The kid was originally cut for health reasons and brought back last week.

The guy never looked right after that hip injury his rookie year.

If not claimed, I assume that he is practice squad eligible, given his inaction.

Is even that a waste?

It's not a waste, but planned PS signings aren't normally released now.

Dowling was supposed to be the big physical corner we needed....

You cannot make the club from the tub... they gave him every possible chance to make this club.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back