PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling placed on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's just win the super bowl so we can forget about all this ****

I wanted them to pick Brooks Reed, but no they wouldn't listen to me. :cool:

Torrey Smith was availible.....nope.

Top it all off, Richard Sherman-could've got him anytime before the 5th round. :bricks:

R.i.p......r.i.d

Real quick, name anybody that we currently have in the secondary that's better than Talib is. Go!

I'll lean towards blaming the coaches. McCourty looked good his rookie year and has regressed.

He also came from a college that played mostly zone, which he excelled at. Throughout 2011, the Patriots were trying to play more man coverage and McCourty struggled. You can see his improvement in it this year, though he's still inconsistent.

Further, opponents got more and more tape on him and saw what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Chung looked decent early on, now he's regressed. Merriweather looked decent early but he too regressed.

Chung got extremely lucky early on. An example of that was Henne throwing the ball RIGHT TO HIM in 2010. He's never been any good in coverage and has always been a better safety against the run.

You can even argue that when Butler first got here his rookie year, he was better than when he left.

No he wasn't.

Arrington was better last year than this year.

Much like Chung, Arrington got lucky quite a bit last year. He caught a lot of batted and underthrown balls but was still torched when those balls weren't batted or underthrown.

I wanted them to pick Brooks Reed, but no they wouldn't listen to me. :cool:

Torrey Smith was availible.....nope.

Top it all off, Richard Sherman-could've got him anytime before the 5th round. :bricks:

Sherman was a binky of mine coming out of the Senior Bowl. I was disappointed when he went to the Seahawks..

Burn him and Belichick too!

monty_python_witch-701441.jpg

Last edited:
Sherman was a binky of mine coming out of the Senior Bowl. I was disappointed when he went to the Seahawks..

The one thing that makes me feel better is that several DB's taken after him have been disapointing so far.

Aaron Williams, only 1 INT and under 30 tackles. Meh.
Marcus Gilchrist?? Hasn't done much either.
Brandon Harris, yikes at least Dowling could make the game-day roster. This guy's been a healthy scratch his whole career!!
Rahim Moore
Jaiqwuan Jarret- he isn't even on the Eagles anymore!!
Those were the other DB's picked in the 2nd round.
So as you can see, we weren't the only ones who whiffed that year in picking DB's.

THE worst pick, the most inexcusable pick, in the entire Belichick Era. You had all night to make this pick of trade it. It was as valuable a spot as any in the draft. Plenty of decent players available, including pass rushers like the kid from Arizona. A horrible, horrible job by the F.O. and a player with such a regular injury history that you shouldn't have touched him until the 3r round at the earliest. Ridiculous.

Gotta love when people blow Ras-I Dowling's injury history out of proportion. The guy missed what, 8 games in his entire 4 year college career, with 7 being in his senior year. The whole "regular injury history" was nonsense. He played hurt. Something that most people get credit for. Yet, in his case, people held it against him.

Now, since people have such a short memory, you all need to be reminded that the Pats said they took numerous offers on the pick but no one was willing to give them fair market value for it. And this was confirmed by LaConfora and Shefter. So trashing the Pats because they didn't make a trade is just silly. As for Brooks Reed, clearly there was something that the Pats felt had him lower on their board than Dowling. We'll never know what that was because we won't ever get that sort of information.

blah fricking blah blah.........

brooks reed

and oh yeah.......darius butler > connor barwin

the pats are getting good at this

Gotta love when people blow Ras-I Dowling's injury history out of proportion. The guy missed what, 8 games in his entire 4 year college career, with 7 being in his senior year. The whole "regular injury history" was nonsense. He played hurt. Something that most people get credit for. Yet, in his case, people held it against him.

Now, since people have such a short memory, you all need to be reminded that the Pats said they took numerous offers on the pick but no one was willing to give them fair market value for it. And this was confirmed by LaConfora and Shefter. So trashing the Pats because they didn't make a trade is just silly. As for Brooks Reed, clearly there was something that the Pats felt had him lower on their board than Dowling. We'll never know what that was because we won't ever get that sort of information.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it since it's contrary to Schiano's latest statement on the subject.

Personally, I took that statement as proof that nobody was asking about him at that point in time. Tampa was dangling him as trade bait just before the season. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't happen again should a dialogue be opened up and the right offer come along. Teams inquire about this sort of thing all the time, actually.

Personally, I took that statement as proof that nobody was asking about him at that point in time. Tampa was dangling him as trade bait just before the season. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't happen again should a dialogue be opened up and the right offer come along. Teams inquire about this sort of thing all the time, actually.
Last season after Ras-I Dowling was placed on Injured Reserve, did the New England Patriots trade for a cornerback?

Last season after Leigh Bodden was cut, did the New England Patriots trade for a cornerback?

Last season after Ras-I Dowling was placed on Injured Reserve, did the New England Patriots trade for a cornerback?

Last season after Leigh Bodden was cut, did the New England Patriots trade for a cornerback?

do the pats have a 2nd round pick next year?

guess what they're using it on?

blah fricking blah blah.........

brooks reed

and oh yeah.......darius butler > connor barwin

the pats are getting good at this

Too bad I never said that Butler was better than Barwin. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't respond if you can't be bothered to bring facts to the table.

Wonder if Leigh Bodden is nearing full health?

Too bad I never said that Butler was better than Barwin. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't respond if you can't be bothered to bring facts to the table.

oki doki

koolaid-man_o_421156.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back