PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rarity: A COMPETENT NY Sports Writer Weighs In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I read that this morning. Good article by Lupica.

I read it with my coffee this morning and was surprised that he's breaking the code of the NY tabloids and writing something positive about the pats this week. However, he is a sports writer with ambitions beyond the sports page (and he is by far the best pure writer on the Daily News in any department.).

I think he's hooked by the Lombardi connection and I would bet a dollar or two that he's writing two Post-SB pieces this week. If we win the piece will be a solemn "move over Vince, make room on the pedestal for Bill, whether we like him or not." If we lose the piece will be a pompous: "Lombardi, winner of five NFL championships, once again goes unchallenged as the greatest ever."

Maybe he's thinking about writing a book on Belichick and Lombardi. He covered him when BB was in New York and would have the credentials to do so.

Last edited:
Are we ever going to hear the story of Belichick leaving the Jets?

The real story?

If we lose the piece will be a pompous: "Lombardi, winner of five NFL championships, once again goes unchallenged as the greatest ever."

Ol' Vince will always go unchallenged in the Goofiest Hat Ever competition.

Lupica's a BC grad so Boston must have made some kind of positive impression on him. For the whole time I've read him or seen him on tv, he hasn't been nearly the obnoxious prick most NY sports writers are regarding Boston sports.

Lupica's a BC grad so Boston must have made some kind of positive impression on him. For the whole time I've read him or seen him on tv, he hasn't been nearly the obnoxious prick most NY sports writers are regarding Boston sports.

I'm pretty sure Lupica was raised in Massachusetts too...just saying.

One small nitpick: Belichick was not the Defensive Coordinator of the Pats when they lost Super Bowl 36. He was the Assistant Head Coach/Secondary Coach. I believe the DC was Al Groh.

One small nitpick: Belichick was not the Defensive Coordinator of the Pats when they lost Super Bowl 36. He was the Assistant Head Coach/Secondary Coach. I believe the DC was Al Groh.

UMMMM The Patriots WON Super Bowl 36

Are you drinking again? ;)

I'm pretty sure Lupica was raised in Massachusetts too...just saying.

Lupica is from New Hampshire. I don't think that has much to do with the fairly written article though. I think he's usually pretty fair in his assesement of games and what to expect.

I thought Beliichick was the secondary coach when the Goants won their first SB.

Lupica is from New Hampshire. I don't think that has much to do with the fairly written article though. I think he's usually pretty fair in his assesement of games and what to expect.

Yeah, Nashua

Great article. Maybe could've went without including BB calling him and adding his comment in, just because it seemed like a personal thing, though I know his intention was not to gloat or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back