Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rapture Me, Sarah!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

So what's up with Sarah Palin and The Jews? Is she a believer in fast-approacing "Rapture?" Is she anticipating the ancient prophecy being fullfilled? You know the one, the one which says all the Jews must gathre in one place before the end of the world can occur?

Why on earth is she anticipating that "more and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead?" Does she know something we don't know? Some inside information, perhaps?

When asked by Barbara Walters if she supported Obama's position on not allowing Israel to move new settlements into Gaza the former Alaska governor said she fully supports and expansion of Israeli settlements into Palestinian territory, noting that the “population of Israel is going to grow.”

“More and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead and I don't think that the Obama administration has any right to tell Israel that the Jewish settlements cannot expand,” Palin said.

Walters followed up by if asking if Palin would support expanded settlements even if it was into “Palestinian areas.”

“I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to expand,” Palin answered.

Palin: Obama policies 'back assward' - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

Jews migrate to Israel this isn't new at all. Many conservatives don't believe that territories siezed during the 7 days war are automatically belong to the Palistinians. Should Israel go back to the 67 border and expel all Jews from the area outside the old border?

3. resnor

resnor Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First of all, the "rapture" isn't just about Jews, and it doesn't require people to all be in the same place.

Secondly, maybe she is just assuming that Jewish people are going to continue to attempt to get back to their homeland? What a novel concept. All she is saying, imo, is that Israeli settlements need to be able to expand if they have more Israelis coming in to them.

4. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

I wouldn't lend credence to this know-nothings' ramblings on foreign policy.

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

Of course you wouldn't after all Bo is so accomplished.

6. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Yes, he is.

And when he talks about foreign policy, you can actually observe that he understands what he's talking about. Unlike Palin.

Also, unlike Palin, BO is not a pathological liar.

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

When you look at the response of foreign leaders he is a total joke. He didn't meet with the Dali Lama and his reward from the Chinese he got punked at the meetings there with the Chicims lecturing him about capitalism. He bent to the Russians and screwed the Poles the result ? nothing from the Russians as Iran goes on building their bomb.

HE also got blown off by the Asian countries when he tried to run the MMGW scam on him they told him to get lost.

What a joke!

8. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

This is pretty much gibberish and almost entirely a distortion of what actually occured.

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Do I sense some deflection going on here?

The thread is not about foreign policy in China - the thread is about Sarah Palin advocating Israel violate the terms of their cease-fire agreement with Palestine.

We could talk about her wish to hurry up and send more troops to Afghanistan - I'm sure you're all in favor of that.

10. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Undoubtably the dumbest thing anyone has said on this board, ever.

Here are just a few Obama lies:

Promised to publish all non-emergency legislation to the website for five days, before the President signs it.

Promised to not pass earmarks then passed a bill with thousands of them.

Promised to keep lobbyists out of his administration (broke this promise 17 times in the first two weeks on office).

Called presidential “signing statements” unconstitutional… then attached a signing statement of his own to a $410 billion spending bill.

Obama promised to eliminate income taxation for seniors making less than $50,000 a year.

Promised existing businesses will receive a $3,000 refundable tax credit for each additional full-time employee hired.

The Obama promised a different tone in Washington D.C. and a move past bitter, partisan rhetoric. LOL

Increased the timetable for withdrawal from Iraq beyond his campaign promises and leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq after the “withdrawal.”

I could go on and on.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Saw Sarah on Oprah the other nite, Oprah was fair... but she is a bit of an airhead and a lover of revisionist history, see the McCain campaign team response..

The more she on the airwaves, the more she will be exposed... she would be a really great radio talk show host,

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

What a power fact filled response...:singing:

13. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Oprah interview was a typical Oprah-fluff-style one.

I think O'Reilly is showing tonight and Friday an interview he had with her yesterday. It's advertised as a more policy-based one.

14. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

You're not giving any facts for me to deal with. Just your ludicrous interpretation of events.

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

It was fast pitch softball, suspect with O'Reilly she will be on friendly turf and do not expect him to play MLB with her..

I suspect that prior to any interview now, many of the questions are screened and a whole bunch of stuff is decided well before hand... hopefully she has learned her lesson.

16. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

One could say the same thing for, oh, just about everything you post.

After all, you're the one who was too big of a coward to back up your "argument" with any substance, and just ran away with your tail tucked between your legs when I called you on it. And then, to make things worse, you just whined about how hard I was being on you and how you weren't going to play my "childish games" (like asking you to define a term being used in an argument is sooooo childish) instead of manning up and admitting you had no idea what you're talking about. Par for the course, I can tell.

And as for your "rebuttal," you're aware that under that standard every single president would be a pathological liar, aren't you? Didn't think that one out very well, did you? Probably just googled "Obama lies" and copy/pasted from the first right-wing blog you found. I can only pray that's not the standard of intellectual rigor you comport yourself with in real-life situations.

The statements I bolded I know off the top of my head are categorically false, and I'm sure with a little research the other ones would fall pretty quickly. Of course, that's never what I meant by pathological liar, but obviously you failed to comprehend that during the first go-around. I will say though, that it takes real chutzpah to write a book that you know people will scrutinize and still have it be found full of distortions and lies.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  17. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Do you feel better now? Did this childish rant help you get over your tantrum?

Instead of name-calling and all the personal attacks, try facts. What I presented to you are facts proving that the Obama is untruthful. If you have any facts of your own to contradict what I have presented, please post them. The statements you bolded are categorically true, you may want to do a little research before you call other people on these boards ignorant as you have consistantly done today.

18. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Yeah, you know, I could do that. Or I could just borrow a page from your playbook and refuse to be deceived by your "antics" or play your "childish little games." Makes it a lot easier to argue when I don't have to be accountable for anything I say.

If you can define the goals of the surge for me, then I'll provide rebuttals for those statements. Either that or you can, for example, show me where Obama said he would end earmarks (something that was debunked eons ago, by the way).

19. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Obama Promises No Earmarks

20. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Wow, a bunch of clips removed from context. Fantastic.

Obama calls for new rules on earmarks - First Read - msnbc.com