PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rappaport expects Revis to cover Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? They're gameplanning to stop Hernandez? Color me a little skeptical. I think that Welker and Branch are bigger threats that the Jets need to stop consistently. But ok. The Pats have too many weapons to just gameplan against one and think that will stop them from scoring.

Really? They're gameplanning to stop Hernandez? Color me a little skeptical. I think that Welker and Branch are bigger threats that the Jets need to stop consistently. But ok. The Pats have too many weapons to just gameplan against one and think that will stop them from scoring.

I agree. At this point, Deion has the hot hand and locking him down may make the most sense. Go ahead and take your chances with the rooks TEs and Tate and let WW catch 5-7 yd cuts all day.

Last edited:
Hernandez hasn't even really done anything the last few games, and Brady's still been lights out. Whatever Hern contributes on Monday night is just icing on the cake. I want to see that 2 TE set out there all day long.

Why would they put their best CB on someone who hasn't done much in the past month? I see the Jets starting the game out with Revis on Branch, and then adjusting things if someone else starts being the "go to" guy in the game plan. As others have pointed out, though, our offense has returned to the days where if the planned "go to" guy is being blanketed, Brady just looks to someone else.

Should be an awesome game! I expect the Pats have installed a few feature plays for all their potential passing weapons: Branch, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Woodhead, Tate (maybe - he needs to catch the damn ball, though), and even BJGE and Crump, and Brady will go to whomever is being ignored by the D.

GO PATS!!!

Awesome!!
So if Revis is on Aaron then who is Cromartie covering since his strength is covering the deep pass
Welker?? Nice! Or maybe Branch?? Sweet! And who's got Gronk?? Or Brandon Tate on the long ball?? :D
The Jets defense will be exposed on Monday night. They're a good defense but they're nothing special and the Patriots will handle them quite nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back