PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport/SMY/Reiss Tweet: "Mankins will be a Patriot for life"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots Closing in on Making Mankins a 'Patriot For Life'

He's the best player on the team, after TB. So, duh!

:rocker: :D :D :D :rocker: BOO Yah!!!! :rocker: :D :D :D :rocker:

Omg i almost nutted my pants!

YEESSSSSS. :rocker:

Whatever does that mean???

The Pats're Signing Mankins!! WOOOO!!!

Funny_Pictures_11317.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

Great News!! Awesome player to keep!

just signed a six-year deal, according to Schefter.

Would like to see the value of the contract, but a Line of:

Solder--Mankins--???????--Cannon--Vollmer for the next 5 years should have Brady (and Mallett) doing cartwheels.

There's nothing sweeter than seeing Tom Brady have ten seconds or more in the pocket, just mulling his options.

"Huh, maybe I'll throw to Chad... nah... oh, Gronk's open."

*fires bullet*

*touchdown!*

Solder--Mankins--???????--Cannon--Vollmer for the next 5 years should have Brady (and Mallett) doing cartwheels.

Woodhead too. D-Linemen won't even be able to see him 'til he's past them.

I'm so happy!!! I just hope we can afford vollmer when his time comes

lets win some Superbowl's before Vollmer is a FA.

Solder--Mankins--???????--Cannon--Vollmer for the next 5 years should have Brady (and Mallett) doing cartwheels if they were physically capable of doing so.

Fixed for accuracy. ;)

I am not sure I want a happy Mankins; he plays pretty well when he is ticked off.

The value of Mankins deal could make it difficult to keep the tackles happy should they turn out to be probowlers. Those backend cap hits will be double digit - although his guaranteed money will be paid out in the first 3 so it's not a slam dunk he sees the final year or two.

The six-year contract the All-Pro left guard signed with the Patriots was filed yesterday, and it will pay him $51 million - $30 million of which is guaranteed.

The breakdown goes like this: Mankins receives a $20 million signing bonus and base salaries of $1.5 million in 2011, $2.75 million in 2012, $5.75 million in 2013, $6.25 million in 2014, and $6.75 million each in 2015 and ’16.

For each year from 2012-16, Mankins also has workout bonuses of $250,000.

Without the workout money (which Mankins will very likely earn), the deal averages $8.29 million per season, which is more than the average annual contracts of the Saints’ Jahri Evans and the Jets’ Nick Mangold...

That contract averages $8.1 million per year. Mangold’s deal works out to $7.725 million.

Mankins’s pact is top of the line - The Boston Globe

I have his cap numbers as
2011 5,500,000
2012 7,000,000
2013 10,000,000
2014 10,500,000
2015 11,000,000
2016 7,000,000

A nice addendum to the Mankins episode.

High praise for Logan Mankins. Asked his reaction to offensive lineman Logan Mankins signing a six-year deal with the team, Belichick happily obliged. "It's great. I think the world of Logan. He's done a great job for us here since he's come to the Patriots. I'm glad that he'll be here for many years in the future. He's one of our best players, one of our most consistent players. He's been durable, has a great work ethic, he's really smart. He plays hard. He plays tough. There are almost no negatives with Logan. He's an outstanding person. He's an outstanding player. He does things the way that we would like our team to do them, so he's a great example for all of us to look at, because he plays hard, he's unselfish, he's tough, he puts the team first. He's a winner. I'm glad we have him on our team."

High praise from Belichick, who we all know doesn't do hyperbole unless its for an underwhelming future opponent ;)

From Reiss' blog.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Multiple tweets indicating long term deal coming for Mankins that will make him a Patriot for "life."

Not like they're exactly going out on a limb here.. he's 29 and signed a 6 year deal. There is 1 (or 3, can't remember) starting lineman in the NFL over 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back