PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Mayo in good spirits, tells teammate injury is "nothing serious"

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB didn't say anything about Mayo. He was asked about Bruschi and said (paraphrasing) "He'd have to want to come back and we'd have to have a need ... " Typical vague answer. Then he went on to say he gets calls from agents shopping guys every week, some he's been keeping tabs on and some not.

Reiss mentioned on his mailbag today that he wouldn't be surprised if they brought Paris Lenon back, regardless of Mayo's condition.

What little signs we have to digest (the blog report from the Herald last night and the fact he wasnt placed on IR today) point to this not being season ending injury. No guarantees but lets hope for the best.

No guarantees though. Last year with Brady we knew the next day. With Colvin in 2003, I remember it being 2 days after the game before he went on IR and if memory serves Thomas wasn't placed on IR last year for a couple weeks after his injury.

Mayo is done?
:(

Here is one way to know he is not done. There has been NO announcement!!! If he was done, they would known by now, put him on the IR, and gotten the extra roster spot. I will bet anything that had last night been a playoff game, Mayo would have been back on the field on the next drive. I am not a doctor, but I pretend to be one at high school reunions!!!

large_marky-mark.jpeg

:( I wanted Mayo on that...

Came here looking for the latest tea-leaf reading, but really, we got nothin'.

Last edited:
Mayo may be in good spirits, but I'm not.

If he's out for longer than a month, then we're seriously screwed.

Interesting, thanks for the tidbit - sprained MCL for Mayo would be both a bummer and a huge relief at the same time.

Ya ... It definately is a bummer but not the worst news.

Guess he really has become the "quarterback of the Pats' defense" now...

Guess he really has become the "quarterback of the Pats' defense" now...

I missed the first half of the game and didn't see the play on which he was injured. Did Bernie Pollard roll into him or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back