PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Edelman may take the longest to be ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsChamp88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
But running back Laurence Maroney [stats] (groin), receiver Julian Edelman (ankle), defensive tackle Ron Brace (ankle), linebacker Jermaine Cunningham (ankle), and defensive back Kyle Arrington were present for the beginning of the workout but wore sweats. Edelman may take the longest to be ready.
Randy Moss feeling unwanted - BostonHerald.com

Last edited:
The Herald must keep a super sleuth in its employ to sniff out injury information from Herr Belichick. Out of all the players missing practice on Monday, the paper speculates that Edelman "may take the longest to be ready." Edelman has been sidelined since the second preseason game against the Falcons on August 19.
I always get a kick out of Rotoworld :D

Last edited:
Maroney will take his "almost" annual 3 or 4 games off with injury

There is death,taxes and a Maroney injury

When do we get the injury list and the status of the players on it?

Actually, Morris has missed the same number of games as Maroney since he's been here.

I wonder what Cunningham's "ankle" injury is. He hasn't put on pads in a month.

I wonder what Cunningham's "ankle" injury is. He hasn't put on pads in a month.

Turned out he doesn't have one :) His foot is like jelly ;)

Actually, Morris has missed the same number of games as Maroney since he's been here.

The fact of the matter is that the Pats haven't had a lead back or primary back play a full 16 game schedule since Antowain Smith in 2002. To single out Maroney for missing games is kinda silly since Dillon, Morris, Taylor, Antowain Smith didn't play a full season in any year since 2002 Well Smith did, but it was when he played with NO). Dillon came the closest in 2004 when he played 15 games. Personally, I think Belichick might strategically hold RBs at times during the season to try to keep them fresh.

Last edited:
Bad news for Edelman, but we can cover for him. Brace and Cunningham, in particular, practicing is great news.

Maroney is not even remotely injury prone when compared with Mssrs. Taylor and Morris.

Funny how you Maroney haters MISS the fact that Fred Taylor was GONE for most of last year and that Morris's injuries are significantly MORE than Maroney's. Faulk has been durable the past few years, but he had many injuriies each year in the early 00s. Running backs get beat up..have injuries..You see what you wish to see and miss reality.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Belichick might strategically hold RBs at times during the season to try to keep them fresh.
Might this be also the reason Green-Ellis is on the team?? For added depth??

Funny how you Maroney haters MISS the fact that Fred Taylor was GONE for most of last year and that Morris's injuries are significantly MORE than Maroney's. Faulk has been durable the past few years, but he had many injuriies each year in the early 00s. Running backs get beat up..have injuries..You see what you wish to see and miss reality.

Maroney does suck. Too many people on here gulp his koolaid. Every year he comes out and promises to stop being a **** and hit the hole, never happens. He's never been a feature back and will never be one.

Maroney does suck. Too many people on here gulp his koolaid. Every year he comes out and promises to stop being a **** and hit the hole, never happens. He's never been a feature back and will never be one.

Did you even watch Maroney play last year?

The fact of the matter is that the Pats haven't had a lead back or primary back play a full 16 game schedule since Antowain Smith in 2002. To single out Maroney for missing games is kinda silly since Dillon, Morris, Taylor, Antowain Smith didn't play a full season in any year since 2002 Well Smith did, but it was when he played with NO). Dillon came the closest in 2004 when he played 15 games. Personally, I think Belichick might strategically hold RBs at times during the season to try to keep them fresh.

Like Maroney this preseason... have to think the effect of less wear and tear on his body played a part.

Feature backs are few and far between now...Dillon was the closest the team has had...I really do not care if Maroney is a feature back or not..NEVER thought he was going to be...and think he's fine with an arsenal of backs..RB by committee..that is a bit better in many ways. With a feature back, all falls on him..he goes down..that's it. With many, they can have their bumps and bruises and rest a game or two here and there. THAT is why Green-Ellis is an important part of this group..even though so few understand that. Maroney is not the inside rusher that Taylor or Morris is, but if he gets to the outside he can be dangerous. Just part of a good group of RBs..and that is OK in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back