PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Edelman has a broken arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh maaaaaaaan This blows. I was really lovin him on kickoff and punt returns, I was like "finally we got a guy with some explosiveness back there"

Well, get well soon Welker Jr.

Not good news for the boy at all, he was looking useful imo

WEEI just said "fracture"

did not say what king thou

Well, I know most, I've seen the film many many times, I just don't recall that specific reference.

See it again- for the first time. :D

I seriously hope that "Germans bombing Peral Harbor" thing was a joke.. It's hard not to make fun of Americans.

You mean the Germans didn't bomb PERAL Harbor?! Go easy on me, I'm only American! :singing:

belushi_animal_house_thinkin_guitar.jpg.jpg

Oh maaaaaaaan This blows. I was really lovin him on kickoff and punt returns, I was like "finally we got a guy with some explosiveness back there"

Well, get well soon Welker Jr.

We've been through much worse in the past. He'll be back, and if not someone else is going to have to step up and fill that need on the team.

Injuries have been tough this year, but by initial media predictions and reports, at least we'll be getting Mayo back in another 3 or 4 weeks! :D :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We've been through much worse in the past. He'll be back, and if not someone else is going to have to step up and fill that need on the team.

Injuries have been tough this year, but by initial media predictions and reports, at least we'll be getting Mayo back in another 3 or 4 weeks! :D :rolleyes:

I would think Tate would be the man considering the records he set in college

I would think Tate would be the man considering the records he set in college

I agree. I'm not familiar enough with Nunn's background, but he's another possibility.

Now it makes sense that writers reporting that Belichick was scrambling to find a wide receiver.

But I still don't buy the "frantically" part.

Lets not get crazy until BB substantiates the claim and makes a move......

Damn. On the brighter side, what are we probably looking at, 4-6 weeks? That time off might help him avoid hitting the rookie wall later in the season. This guy has "big play" written all over him.

Thinking back it's somewhat hilarious that many of us are seriously bummed out (myself included) over missing a 7th round rookie who did not play WR in college, that several felt quite rationally would be on the PS at best.

I'd like to see what Tate can bring to the return game in his absense.

As far as #3 WR, I think we are in a bit of trouble there. Hopefully by the home stretch somebody will step up there.

What's fortuitous is that Tate et. al. have several weeks to get it in gear. I know I'm (as a fan, not the HC) dissing Sunday's opponent, but the Bucs and the Bye come at a good time for the Pats. Tate has time to see (1) if he's healed and (2) if he can physically master a sufficient subset of the playbook such that he can take the field as a WR in certain situations. You can be sure that Hoyer will 'volunteer' to spend time with Tate working out in the bye.

Last edited:
Thinking back it's somewhat hilarious that many of us are seriously bummed out (myself included) over missing a 7th round rookie who did not play WR in college, that several felt quite rationally would be on the PS at best.

I know right. Of course this was before he started impersonating Wes Welker!

We are bummed out because we have lost our #3 receiver for 4-6 weeks. We have cut the other contenders for that position (Lewis and Galloway) after not re-signing Gaffney or Washington. Aiken is our #3.

We are bummed out because we have lost our #3 receiver for 4-6 weeks. We have cut the other contenders for that position (Lewis and Galloway) after not re-signing Gaffney or Washington. Aiken is our #3.

Faulk and Maroney out of the backfield, Aiken needs to make a couple of plays. I think we'll be fine over the next few weeks with Tampa/Bye/Miami. Hopefully some replacements will be ready by then.

Last edited:
We also have Watson and Baker. Brady has plenty of targets. However, Aiken being the #3 receiver for 4-6 weeks is somewaht troublesome. I would note that we had 9 receivers with catches in the TENN game. In the past there have been games with 10.

As of now, we have a total of seven receivers healthy. That is a small number for Brady. With no further injuries in the next few weeks, the total of seven should be sufficient.

I don't count Green-Ellis as a receiver, although he is eligible, nor do I count the eligible linemen who line up as the third TE.

Hello Faulk and Maroney out of the backfield.

No, we haven't.

Aiken had already passed Galloway on the depth chart, as had Slater. Part of that is their special teams play, but they were the guys being put in the 4 and 5 wide sets, or subbing out other guys, because they were actually active. We cut our #6 WR, and then our #3 got hurt.

I would expect Tate, if he plays in the next couple weeks, to be the #4, and only go in during 4-wide sets, as that only needs him to know a small subset of the playbook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back