PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport - crushing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
for a new guy he works very hard and provides good info. better than what the herald could offer otherwise e.g tomase,borges...
not to mention he is pretty easy going too..so far at least doesnt mock or argue with the fans like other herald people might do e.g borges,tomase..

The Rap Sheet is now the go-to Pats Blog. This guy is outworking the competition. He has broken most of the mini-scoops this pre season, i.e. injuries, cuts etc.. When he first started at the Herald, I was put off by the quirky prose style, the personal marratives etc. But I really appreciate the hustle. He is covering a beat as a journalist should IMO.

I agree; IMO he's right up there with Reiss and Chris Price as the three guys that I make a point to read. I've also been enjoying Jeff Howe's work quite a bit ever since Ian started featuring him.

the rap sheet is now the go-to pats blog. This guy is outworking the competition. He has broken most of the mini-scoops this pre season, i.e. Injuries, cuts etc.. When he first started at the herald, i was put off by the quirky prose style, the personal marratives etc. But i really appreciate the hustle. He is covering a beat as a journalist should imo.

i refuse to read the herald since thomase put out his story on the eve of the super bowl.

Call me crazy, i don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i refuse to read the herald since thomase put out his story on the eve of the super bowl.

+1. Haven't been to that site once since, except when accidentally clicking on a link. Dont care to read the herald at all.

What I like about Rapoport is that he is developing sources and reporting stories that he could not get directly from the front office, unlike Reiss. One example are his reports on the injury status of players, like this one:

Like ohttp://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/09/04/patriots-olb-jermaine-cunningham-could-be-ready-to-play-this-week/

I am guessing this one did not come from the team.

What I like about Rapoport is that he is developing sources and reporting stories that he could not get directly from the front office, unlike Reiss. One example are his reports on the injury status of players, like this one:

Like ohttp://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/09/04/patriots-olb-jermaine-cunningham-could-be-ready-to-play-this-week/

I am guessing this one did not come from the team.

well..he might stay long there if he works like this.could move to bigger and better things...

well , he is certainly better than most which the globe has...i dont click any of gasper's stories and breer while he can be good , he always seems to talk how the cowboys and dolphins and jets are awesome..

Reiss is still the best. He might be quite as fast as some other bloggers, but I think that is usually because he actually bothers to make sure the story is correct before he hurries to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back