PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapaport: Pryor to return, Brace to go on IR when Spikes returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brace to IR...

According to reports...
Source: New England Patriots DE Ron Brace to IR; LB Brandon Spikes to return - ESPN Boston
Didn't see a thread for this, so if one exists, I apologize...

Get ready for the media to frame this as doom and gloom, and now there's NO WAY the Pats defenseive line has enough depth to win a playoff game...just wait...it'll be the same people who said Brace was a wasted pick...I f#cking hate the Boston sports media...

You do have a lot of missed place anger. Have you sought help with it?

You do have a lot of missed place anger. Have you sought help with it?

I don't think he does, actually. This is perhaps not what will happen, but there is CERTAINLY precedent for a media overreaction that never gets acknowledged after the Patriots win. See: Playoffs, 2003 AND 2004.

I don't think he does, actually. This is perhaps not what will happen, but there is CERTAINLY precedent for a media overreaction that never gets acknowledged after the Patriots win. See: Playoffs, 2003 AND 2004.

My perception is that it's the uneducated morons that call into EEI and 98.5 that spread panic throughout the streets.

With that said, Brace has done a nice job stuffing the run and if you look at their potential playoff opponents, with the exception of Indy can run the football effectively, control the clock and potentially keep TB &Co off the field.

Last edited:

My perception is that it's the uneducated morons that call into EEI and 98.5 that spread panic throughout the streets.

With that said, Brace has done a nice job stuffing the run and if you look at their potential playoff opponents, with the exception of Indy can run the football effectively, control the clock and potentially keep TB &Co off the field.

I can almost guarantee that Albert Breer, NFL Network, formerly of Boston Globe, will sound the alarm on losing Brace...I can hear it now..."with Ty Warren down, and now brace down, plus Mike Wright and Myron Pryor coming of injuries, I just don't see how the Patriots defensive line can stop premier running attacks like Baltimore and Pittsburgh..." That guy Breer is such a little puke...he used to be pretty moderate in his views, but now that he's national he's seemed to assume the Pats hating/Pats skeptic role that most of the national pencil-necked geeks have...

Side note - I live in the Boston area and am not privy to other sports media markets, but how come in this market, the media is always telling us HOW and WHY the Patriots WILL or CAN lose? I see much more balanced reporting/opinions when I hop on news sites in other markets, especially leading up to games...This manifests itself mostly when reporters/columnists are call in or studio guests on sports radio...yes, I listen to it a lot (98.5 and 850), yes, I must be a masochist...

Last edited:

Get ready for the media to frame this as doom and gloom, and now there's NO WAY the Pats defenseive line has enough depth to win a playoff game...just wait...it'll be the same people who said Brace was a wasted pick...I f#cking hate the Boston sports media...

And it seems only yesterday we were all moaning that the media was ignoring all of the injuries the Patriots have overcome. ;)

TI fear we do not have anyone who can fill his shoes.

Those are big shoes to fill. Maybe they should start pumping Pryor with cheeseburgers and milkshakes. Maybe Pryor should get some dieting tips from Big Vince.

In any case I can see the Ravens or whoever running right at the left defensive end....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back