PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rap Sheet: Taylor Price can’t attend OTAs until June 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsChamp88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Patriots rookie WR Taylor Price can’t attend OTAs

Price, through no fault of his own, will miss 12 OTA days. Yikes. The third-round pick will be allowed to show up for the three official mini-camp days.

Why?

Because Price attended Ohio University, a school with an academic calendar on the “quarters” system. He is subject to an NCAA/NFL rule that bars plays from attending workouts while their schools remain in session.
...and that's why the quarter system sucks :cool:

Last edited:
What's the pool on someone skimming the title then posting about him "getting off on the wrong foot" or "lacking dediciation/probably cut in camp".

I'm saying by the end of the 2nd page, who's taking the action?

...and that's why the quarter system sucks :cool:

Yep. The NFL is a specialized case, but students from quarter/trimester schools often have trouble fitting their schedules to summer programs like internships. (And as a one-time TA at such a school, I have to say the short courses are kind of bizarre. Students have to choose term project topics when they've barely started to study a subject.)

Are there ways around the rule like working out with the team's trainers and strength and conditioning coaches or position coaches to learn the playbooks and get into the team's conditioning program before that deadline or is it pretty much a "do nothing until this deadline" rule?

Re: Rap Sheet: Taylor Price can’t attend OTAs until June 12

I have a vague memory of Tully B.C. going through this as well.

I wonder if BB knew about this; if not, I can just imagine him having a chat with a scout. As they say on Mad Men ... "Close the door; have a seat ...":eek:

I'm guessing he knew.

If he's met graduation requirements, he should be allowed to go to work.

If he still has requirements to meet, the rule is defensible.

see this is teh problemm with brady missing camp! now every1 thinks they can miss it 2! we needed to get tebow!!!! now we get to loose for the next decade till we can get ppl who care! not ppl who have no dedication!!!!

Last edited:
He is subject to an NCAA/NFL rule that bars plays from attending workouts while their schools remain in session.

Is it an NFL rule, an NCAA rule, or do both organizations have rules governing this sort of thing?

Price has clearly lost his fire. I wonder how many draft picks we can get for him.

the sky IS falling...I knew it...glass half empty again...my fantasy team went 19-0 last season so I say cut him now...

I'm very interested to see how Taylor plays...I watched his youtube clips and he seems like an over achiever...but is he really nfl quality? Then there is an interview with him at his house after getting drafted, you can tell he's a small town kind of guy. I just wonder if he will be awe struck and overwhelmed or if he can put his head down and prove any doubters wrong. I'm pulling for him.

I'm very interested to see how Taylor plays...I watched his youtube clips and he seems like an over achiever...but is he really nfl quality? Then there is an interview with him at his house after getting drafted, you can tell he's a small town kind of guy. I just wonder if he will be awe struck and overwhelmed or if he can put his head down and prove any doubters wrong. I'm pulling for him.

He has all the measurable talent; speed height, etc. And he's labeled extremely athletic by scouts, and I want to think that after a certain other receiver was drafted, that Belichick would scout better for intelligence in a receiver. So he'll be able to handle the pressure of the NFL.

For some reason I'm pulling for this guy really hard too, as well as Hernandez. (I like all our rookies, but these two stick out to me)

Last edited:

Thanks for the inadvertant heads up on this. I think the Patriots just got a few more hardcore fans in Ohio.

I'm rooting for him to make it.

YouTube - Taylor Price: 2010 NFL Draft Day

When the hell are they going to change this stupid rule?

Foxboro isn't exactly overwhelming, even to small-town guys like PRice and myself ;)

Ty Warren must have corrupted him.

Still though. Tough break for the kid. Surely all the rookies want to be there from day 1 to try and impress the coaches. He now, unfortunately will have to play catch up along the way. I too hope this kid makes it.

What's the pool on someone skimming the title then posting about him "getting off on the wrong foot" or "lacking dediciation/probably cut in camp".

I'm saying by the end of the 2nd page, who's taking the action?

Practice squad more likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing