PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking the top 99 NFL players for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady No. 2 behind Manning..........Uh, what's Peyton's Playoff record?

Brady No. 2 behind Manning..........Uh, what's Peyton's Playoff record?

Maybe he is not so sure Brady will play better than Peyton coming off of surgery - I myself wonder how Brady will play until he throws with big men coming his way when games count-

By week 3 or 4 we should know if we have the Brady of old or must we wait until the rust wears off.

Brady behind Peyton is understandable considering he is coming off injury. Moss should be in the top 20.

I was surprised to see this:

67. Matt Cassel, QB, Kansas City Chiefs: It's a sad state for the Chiefs when of 99 players, only one makes the list. Cassel, who has yet to take a snap for K.C., is that man. Scott Pioli went out and got the man he wanted, but things might not be as easy as they were in New England. The K.C. offensive line is spotty, at best.

At least someone saw the light. ;)

Brady behind Peyton is understandable considering he is coming off injury. Moss should be in the top 20.

His comment about Welker..

>>>>Welker holds the two highest single-season reception totals in franchise history, including a league-leading 96 catches in '08. He can do a nasty snow angel, too.<<<<<

Didn’t he have 111 last year??????

[FONT=&quot]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm[/FONT]

His comment about Welker..

>>>>Welker holds the two highest single-season reception totals in franchise history, including a league-leading 96 catches in '08. He can do a nasty snow angel, too.<<<<<

Didn’t he have 111 last year??????

[FONT=&quot]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm[/FONT]

Yeah. They're wrong about that. And they're wrong about him leading the league. Andre Johnson had 115.

Its TOM BRADY.
I find that ranking insulting.

What a ridiculous list.

And how does this guy figure that the AFC East is "loaded"?

Just for comparison, here is The Sporting News Top 25 NFL players for '09, with two members of the Pats making the list. Within the article they also have links to their top rankings at every position, including kickers, punters, returners, HC, OC and DC.

What a ridiculous list.

And how does this guy figure that the AFC East is "loaded"?

Yeah, other than the Pats it's loaded like my kid's pants are loaded.

With poop.

Its TOM BRADY.
I find that ranking insulting.

Brady is coming off injury and no one knows how well he is going to play. A number 2 ranking is fine.

Peyton Manning is...well...Peyton Manning.

If a person truely feels that Manning is the top ranked player thats fine. Everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them. But what annoys me is their reasoning for it. For years whenever Brady had to deal with injuries or a less then talented supporting cast all we heard for excuses was that injuries are a part of the game and you can only play with the players on your team. But now we finally see a season were Manning has a few injuries and that is the crutch most people want to use to glorify his 2008 season. Do they realize that in his last four games of 2008 three of those game were against 3 of the worst teams, with some of the worst defenses in the league. And the other was against a team that had already locked up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and were playing the backups?

I dont mind giving Manning the nod over Brady with Brady coming of a serious injury. But stop making excuses for Manning. If this is what he does when he has injuries, then I loved to see what he would do with some of the supporting cast Brady has had throughout the years.

I know, I know. Same old story and same old arguement. But I feel its a valid one.

If a person truely feels that Manning is the top ranked player thats fine. Everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them. But what annoys me is their reasoning for it. For years whenever Brady had to deal with injuries or a less then talented supporting cast all we heard for excuses was that injuries are a part of the game and you can only play with the players on your team. But now we finally see a season were Manning has a few injuries and that is the crutch most people want to use to glorify his 2008 season. Do they realize that in his last four games of 2008 three of those game were against 3 of the worst teams, with some of the worst defenses in the league. And the other was against a team that had already locked up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and were playing the backups?

I dont mind giving Manning the nod over Brady with Brady coming of a serious injury. But stop making excuses for Manning. If this is what he does when he has injuries, then I loved to see what he would do with some of the supporting cast Brady has had throughout the years.

I know, I know. Same old story and same old arguement. But I feel its a valid one.

That's not how he formed his argument for Manning, but considering we have not seen Tom at game speed in 2009 - it's a valid argument. But, again that was not his reasoning.

"With other quarterbacks, you'd be worried by the departure of a head coach, starting wide receiver and several key offensive assistants. Not Manning. He's the ultimate franchise player. Give me anyone in the league to build a team around — and I'm still taking Manning ... yes, even Tom Terrific. "

It's nonesense - Unless your goal is have great stats during the regular season.

Last edited:
That's not how he formed his argument for Manning, but considering we have not seen Tom at game speed in 2009 - it's a valid argument. But, again that was not his reasoning.

"With other quarterbacks, you'd be worried by the departure of a head coach, starting wide receiver and several key offensive assistants. Not Manning. He's the ultimate franchise player. Give me anyone in the league to build a team around — and I'm still taking Manning ... yes, even Tom Terrific. "

It's nonesense - Unless your goal is have great stats during the regular season.

Who cares what he thinks or anybody else for that matter. We have Tom Brady, were lucky to have him and we should be happy with that instead of talking about why he would be a better choice than Manning or any other QB. We have the best and he wears the proof on his hand. Let the talking be done on the field. After the season when he is looking stupid because of his choice he has to deal with that not us.

Brady #2, great bulletin board material.. the disrepect cards always plays well for this team.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down