PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I was watching all access and they were showing the draft from 2 years ago when we drafted Mankins. They showed his ranking as 16.6 (or somewhere around there). I had always assumed they ranked the prospects 1-300, or something like that, but that’s obviously not the case. BB was on and said they could have several players with the same “grade.” Also, Holley was on a few minutes ago and said they not only rank the draft prospects against each other, but also against their own players.

Does anyone know how they come up with these numbers? Is there a minimum/maximum score? Is there a big difference between 16.6 and say 15.6? IOW, is the difference between those two numbers one draft spot, 10 draft spots or is not in terms of draft spots at all, but just relative comparisons? Any info to help me understand this better would be greatly appreciated.

Check out Patriots Reign by Michael Holley. He gives great insight to the Patriots Draft process and the assignment of points in the patriots scouting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back