PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking NFL team's front offices

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. . .. New England(ASTERISK) . . . Bill Belichick . . . Patriots will contend, but how could they let Adam Vinatieri go?
Easy. They didn't want to overpay.

The Steelers are picked as the best, but over the years they have lost more top-flight free agents than anybody, but the author criticizes the Pats for losing a kicker.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
Easy. They didn't want to overpay.

The Steelers are picked as the best, but over the years they have lost more top-flight free agents than anybody, but the author criticizes the Pats for losing a kicker.

I am getting so annoyed at these comments about a kicker. Its a KICKER.

AndyJohnson said:
I am getting so annoyed at these comments about a kicker. Its a KICKER.

I know you guy's think all you need is Brady to win every single SB, but Adam was clutch and he will be missed. Not just a little!

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
I know you guy's think all you need is Brady to win every single SB, but Adam was clutch and he will be missed. Not just a little!

He's a kicker. He gets on the field maybe four times a game.

feelthepain said:

Really? I didn't realize the Super Bowl play-by-play looked like this:

New England Patriots at 4:25

1-10-PHI 37 (4:25) A. Vinatieri pass to 82-D.Graham to PHI 30 for 7 yards (54-J.Trotter).

2-3-PHI 30 (3:48) 4-A. Vinatieri pass incomplete to 28-C.Dillon.

3-3-PHI 30 (3:42) (Shotgun) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 83-D.Branch to PHI 23 for 7 yards (32-M.Lewis).

1-10-PHI 23 (3:16) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 83-D.Branch to PHI 19 for 4 yards (21-M.Ware).

2-6-PHI 19 (2:35) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 80-T.Brown to PHI 7 for 12 yards (24-S.Brown).P8

Two-Minute Warning

1-7-PHI 7 (2:00) 4-A. Vinatieri left tackle to PHI 4 for 3 yards (78-H.Thomas).

2-4-PHI 4 (1:16) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 87-D.Givens for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

12-T. Brady extra point is GOOD, Center-66-L.Paxton, Holder-8-Jo.Miller.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Really? I didn't realize the Super Bowl play-by-play looked like this:

New England Patriots at 4:25

1-10-PHI 37 (4:25) A. Vinatieri pass to 82-D.Graham to PHI 30 for 7 yards (54-J.Trotter).

2-3-PHI 30 (3:48) 4-A. Vinatieri pass incomplete to 28-C.Dillon.

3-3-PHI 30 (3:42) (Shotgun) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 83-D.Branch to PHI 23 for 7 yards (32-M.Lewis).

1-10-PHI 23 (3:16) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 83-D.Branch to PHI 19 for 4 yards (21-M.Ware).

2-6-PHI 19 (2:35) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 80-T.Brown to PHI 7 for 12 yards (24-S.Brown).P8

Two-Minute Warning

1-7-PHI 7 (2:00) 4-A. Vinatieri left tackle to PHI 4 for 3 yards (78-H.Thomas).

2-4-PHI 4 (1:16) 4-A. Vinatieri pass to 87-D.Givens for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

12-T. Brady extra point is GOOD, Center-66-L.Paxton, Holder-8-Jo.Miller.

You won three SB's by a grand total of 9 points. Three SB's, three filed goals. If you choose to ignore everyone but Brady thats up to you, but clearly people outside of NE think it was a team effort. Go figure, football, a team sport. Just because you're a good kicker doesn't make you a clutch kicker, Adam is a clutch kicker. Big difference. I get the feeling Pat fans don't want to accept the thought of being weaker, so they downplay Adams worth.

feelthepain said:
You won three SB's by a grand total of 9 points. Three SB's, three filed goals. If you choose to ignore everyone but Brady thats up to you, but clearly people outside of NE think it was a team effort. Go figure, football, a team sport. Just because you're a good kicker doesn't make you a clutch kicker, Adam is a clutch kicker. Big difference. I get the feeling Pat fans don't want to accept the thought of being weaker, so they downplay Adams worth.

Enough already!

If you want to talk smack, there is an Interleague Forum.

feelthepain said:
it was a team effort. Go figure, football, a team sport.

Exactly!! You just wrecked you entire argument right there. One person does not make a football team, especially a kicker.

Last edited:
feelthepain said:

And those "people outside New England" try to glorify the loss by spinning every damn kick the Patriots have made in the last 10 years as an impossible clutch kick that decided every game, and without Adam, the Patriots no longer have the ability to win games, as they suddenly lose 3-9 points off every one of their scores. They also make it out like Adam is the best all-around kicker in the game, which he CLEARLY wasn't in the past 3 or so seasons. His kickoffs were declining, and he hadn't hit a 50+ yarder since 2002. But to the outside world, he's been the "face of the Patriots" for drama occuring 5 years ago.

When the time came for him to leave because of age, declining performance, and desired money, the Patriots made the right choice again. Usually, such a move is glorified by the media, but now, since Adam "won the Super Bowls and brought the dynasty to New England," anything less but a house made of gold and Bill Gates as his servant is not respecting him and thus a bad front office move by the Patriots.

And here you stand, contradicting yourself multiple times. First you say without Adam the Pats wouldn't have won the Super Bowls with the 3-point margins. Then, just as conveniently, you continue with the "Tom Brady won because of of his supporting cast" by concluding it was a team victory, and the "rest of the world" knows it. Therefore, you are making our point, as the success of an entire team doesn't depend on a single player, but some players contribute more than others (Say - Tom Brady (leader, quarterback, etc.) over Vinatieri (kicker)

Last edited:
Mike the Brit said:
Enough already!

If you want to talk smack, there is an Interleague Forum.

So everytime I post my opinon it's smack??? Why don't you make up a few more rules that only apply to non Pat fans. I was giving a Pat player credit and all you see is smack. Why don't you go out of your way to find trouble.

pats1 said:
And those "people outside New England" try to glorify the loss by spinning every damn kick the Patriots have made in the last 10 years as an impossible clutch kick that decided every game, and without Adam, the Patriots no longer have the ability to win games, as they suddenly lose 3-9 points off every one of their scores. They also make it out like Adam is the best all-around kicker in the game, which he CLEARLY wasn't in the past 3 or so seasons. His kickoffs were declining, and he hadn't hit a 50+ yarder since 2002. But to the outside world, he's been the "face of the Patriots" for drama occuring 5 years ago.

When the time came for him to leave because of age, declining performance, and desired money, the Patriots made the right choice again. Usually, such a move is glorified by the media, but now, since Adam "won the Super Bowls and brought the dynasty to New England," anything less but a house made of gold and Bill Gates as his servant is not respecting him and thus a bad front office move by the Patriots.

And here you stand, contradicting yourself multiple times. First you say without Adam the Pats wouldn't have won the Super Bowls with the 3-point margins. Then, just as conveniently, you continue with the "Tom Brady won because of of his supporting cast" by concluding it was a team victory, and the "rest of the world" knows it. Therefore, you are making our point, as the success of an entire team doesn't depend on a single player, but some players contribute more than others (Say - Tom Brady (leader, quarterback, etc.) over Vinatieri (kicker)

What I'm saying is Adam is as important to the Pats wins as Brady was or BB or Dillion. I'm not the one saying Adam won't be missed, Pat fans are.

feelthepain said:
What I'm saying is Adam is as important to the Pats wins as Brady was or BB or Dillion.

No.

Next contestant.

feelthepain said:

Your assumption is that Gostkowski won't be a capable replacement. I, for one, am willing to wait and see if losing Adam hurts this team. I believe we've already improved the kicking game with deeper/higher kickoffs courtesy of a young, strong leg. So the jury is out, same as with Chad Jackson presumably stepping in at No. 2 WR in place of Givens.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
No.

Next contestant.

What do you think would have been the results in the Indy game last year had Adam kicked the field goal in the game against Pittsburgh rather then Vanderchoke?? I think Pittsburgh wouldn't have been in the SB last year. When the game is on the line and you need the kick to win the game Adam is clearly the man you want kicking the ball. If you think that's not as important to wins and losses as any part of a teams game then you're lying to yourself.

feelthepain said:
So everytime I post my opinon it's smack??? Why don't you make up a few more rules that only apply to non Pat fans. I was giving a Pat player credit and all you see is smack. .

You only give credit to Pats player when it suits your argument. In this case the "Pat" player is no longer on the team, so he must have been solely responsible for the Super Bowl victories. :rolleyes:

Vinatieri was a 50% FG kicker beyond 40 yards and hadn't hit a 50 yarder in 3 years.

Case in point, during last years playoff game in Denver, the Patriots were about at 35 yard line or so. Instead of kicking a FG, they opted to go for it. BB knew something.

Everybody appreciates what Adam did for the Pats in the past, but, as BB says, it's better to let a player go a year early than a year late.

Tunescribe said:
Your assumption is that Gostkowski won't be a capable replacement. I, for one, am willing to wait and see if losing Adam hurts this team. I believe we've already improved the kicking game with deeper/higher kickoffs courtesy of a young, strong leg. So the jury is out, same as with Chad Jackson presumably stepping in at No. 2 WR in place of Givens.

No my assumptiom is Adam is arguably the best kicker in the NFL, Gostkowski may prove to be a HOF'er but he's not been in one single pressure kick in the NFL. If you were to go into a huge game and you needed the three points to win who would you want to kick that fieldgoal?? I think if you took a poll across the nation Aadam would top the list, you honestly don't see that??

feelthepain said:
What do you think would have been the results in the Indy game last year had Adam kicked the field goal in the game against Pittsburgh rather then Vanderchoke?? I think Pittsburgh wouldn't have been in the SB last year. When the game is on the line and you need the kick to win the game Adam is clearly the man you want kicking the ball. If you think that's not as important to wins and losses as any part of a teams game then you're lying to yourself.

Vinatieri was a 50% FG kicker beyond 40 yards and hadn't hit a 50 yarder in 3 years. IIRC that was a 45 yard kick.

coltshater said:
You only give credit to Pats player when it suits your argument. In this case the "Pat" player is no longer on the team, so he must have been solely responsible for the Super Bowl victories. :rolleyes:

Oh ok, find a post where I don't give Brady or BB credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots