PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank your top 10 QB's in the league today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion on, though. The numbers don't support your claim. History doesn't support your claim. Recent MVP voting doesn't support your claim.

etc....

I really don't want to be in the position of defending Mannings accomplishments. But to ignore them is just as bad

4 mvps
11 pro bowls
2 super bowls 1 win -1 loss
121-67 in 13 seasons
64.9 competion percentage in those 13 seasons

That history right there puts him better than 7 of the top 10.

I don't mind if you put Brady first, or even Rogers, but dont pretend that Manning was never an elite QB.

I really don't want to be in the position of defending Mannings accomplishments. But to ignore them is just as bad

4 mvps
11 pro bowls
2 super bowls 1 win -1 loss
121-67 in 13 seasons
64.9 competion percentage in those 13 seasons

That history right there puts him better than 7 of the top 10.

No, it doesn't.

I don't mind if you put Brady first, or even Rogers, but dont pretend that Manning was never an elite QB.

What he was years ago is irrelevant. in 2011, he was not playing. In 2010, he was not an elite QB, though he was a very good one.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Cam Newton
5. Peyton Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Philip Rivers
9. Michael Vick
10. Tim Tebow

I couldn't put Eli on this list... I just couldn't!

Last edited:
1. Rodgers. Amazing efficiency, playoff performances.
2. E. Manning. beat Brady head to head 3 straight, 2 in SBs
3. Brees: 22-4 TD Int ratio in playoffs
4. Brady: Great regular season numbers, mediocre playoff performances since 2004.
5. Roethlisberger: 2 Sbs wins, 3 Sb appearances, 10 playoff wins.
6. Romo: great ability, has yet to put it together in January.
7. Ryan: Has 4 straight winning seasons, 3 playoff appearances. Lack of big arm hurts against elite defenses.
8. Newton: Unlimited potential
9. Rivers: comes up small when it matters most, but very productive for 7 seasons.
10. P. Manning: depends on his health, if healthy #5; if unhealthy #33. Now in holding pattern until we can evaluate him on field.

Waiting in wings: Dalton, Schaub, Flacco, Cutler, Freeman, Vick.

Who is?

You seems to miss the title of the thread.

Rank your top 10 QBs in the league today.

It is not
Rank the top QBs now active in the league based upon career achievements,
or
Rank the QBs in a historical context

Feel free to start another thread asking one of those questions.

This thread is quite clear:
Rank your top 10 QBs in the league today, meaning, if there was a game to win, a pass to make, a drive to pull off, a team to lead, RIGHT NOW, who are you taking?

Last edited:
4. Brady: Great regular season numbers, mediocre playoff performances since 2004.
7. Ryan: Has 4 straight winning seasons, 3 playoff appearances. Lack of big arm hurts against elite defenses.
9. Rivers: comes up small when it matters most, but very productive for 7 seasons.
10. P. Manning: depends on his health, if healthy #5; if unhealthy #33. Now in holding pattern until we can evaluate him on field.

I was unaware that quarterbacks competed head to head.

1. Rodgers - Theres no question about it as much as I love Tom Brady
2. Brady - Just ahead of Brees.
3. Brees - The third of three who for me are a long way ahead of the rest.
4. Eli Manning - Has proved he is clutch but remains average too often in the reg. season
5. Roethlisberger - Has proven he is clutch but a poor season puts him behind Eli.
6. Rivers - Coming off a poor season by his standards but still one of the best reg. season QBs.
7. Ryan - Has to prove he is clutch and can be very average too often to be any higher on this list.
8. Schaub - I think if he was fit we might not have been in the Superbowl.
9. Newton - Finally put in a full season and looked really good. Another one similar or better and he shoots up my list.
10. Stafford - Very talented and could be anything but that rookie season puts him here imo.

*Peyton Manning not included due to a poor season(by his standards) which if he had two of them would see him around 7th on my list at best but he had a year off with injury after his poor season so he doesn't rank top ten for me.

Who is?

You seems to miss the title of the thread.

Rank your top 10 QBs in the league today.

It is not
Rank the top QBs now active in the league based upon career achievements,
or
Rank the QBs in a historical context

Feel free to start another thread asking one of those questions.

This thread is quite clear:
Rank your top 10 QBs in the league today, meaning, if there was a game to win, a pass to make, a drive to pull off, a team to lead, RIGHT NOW, who are you taking?

So is Manning not in the league?
Does he not play with a professional team.
Does one year on IR exclude you from that?
Or is this just another bad example?

He had the 10th best QB rating in 2010 and nothing last season. Forget what he done in the past. Just take those two seasons, the most recent two and assign them to any QB. Where would you rank him? Top twenty? Given his age and what has transpired the last two years there is no way he can rank top ten I don't think.

Last edited:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Cam Newton
5. Peyton Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Philip Rivers
9. Michael Vick
10. Tim Tebow

I couldn't put Eli on this list... I just couldn't!

No offense, but it couldn't make your list any worse.

In 2010, his last full season in the league, Manning finished 10th in QB rating. He was tied for 6th in terms of most INTs thrown, as well. His numbers, such at TD% and INT% as well as QB rating, have been trending in the wrong direction since 2007. He didn't play a single snap last season.

His recent history, and what that trend implies about the present/future, isn't telling us that he's an elite QB right now. It's telling us that he's probably fallen to somewhere between 6-20.

In 2010, his last full season in the league, Manning finished 10th in QB rating. He was tied for 6th in terms of most INTs thrown, as well. His numbers, such at TD% and INT% as well as QB rating, have been trending in the wrong direction since 2007. He didn't play a single snap last season.

His recent history, and what that trend implies about the present/future, isn't telling us that he's an elite QB right now. It's telling us that he's probably fallen to somewhere between 6-20.

I am not sure that one year with a team that was 2-14 the next year, is an implied trend. For that he will need to play. And if he has slipped, then I am mistaken. Until that time we can just agree to disagree.

I am not sure that one year with a team that was 2-14 the next year, is an implied trend. For that he will need to play. And if he has slipped, then I am mistaken. Until that time we can just agree to disagree.

2007-2010 is one year?

No, it doesn't.

What he was years ago is irrelevant. in 2011, he was not playing. In 2010, he was not an elite QB, though he was a very good one.

You claimed HISTORY didnt support his claim that Manning was/is an elite QB. That statement alone from you is nothing short of idiotic. To try to claim that Manning's history didn't support the claim that he was at one point an elite QB is just stupid. I hope that's not what you meant and you just chose your words poorly. Because history DOES support the opinion that Manning had elite QB play.

Wait what?

I didn't know it was one on one Brady vs Eli with them on the field at the same time? Or was it Brady facing the Giants D that Eli has NOTHING to do with? Or Eli facing the NE defense that Brady had NOTHING to do with?

The silliest method out there to use to compare QBs.

Last edited:
2007-2010 is one year?

You mean 2007 with a 13-3 record
2008 with a 12-4
2009 with a 14-2 S/B loss
2010 with 10-6 (same team that went 2-14 in 2011 without him)

You mean 2007 with a 13-3 record
2008 with a 12-4
2009 with a 14-2 S/B loss
2010 with 10-6 (same team that went 2-14 in 2011 without him)

I mean:

QB rating
2006: 101
2007: 98.0
2008: 95.0
2009: 99.9
2010: 91.9

TD%
2006: 5.6
2007: 6.0
2008: 4.9
2009: 5.8
2010: 4.9

INT%
2006: 1.6
2007: 2.7
2008: 2.2
2009: 2.8
2010: 2.5

You claimed HISTORY didnt support his claim that Manning was/is an elite QB. That statement alone from you is nothing short of idiotic. To try to claim that Manning's history didn't support the claim that he was at one point an elite QB is just stupid. I hope that's not what you meant and you just chose your words poorly. Because history DOES support the opinion that Manning had elite QB play.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend the English language. Perhaps remedial classes would be helpful.

Without putting much effort into this or over analyzing, here goes:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Philip Rivers
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Matt Schaub
9. Cam Newton
10. Matthew Stafford

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. P. Manning
5. E. Manning
6. Roethlisberger
7. Rivers
8. Stafford
9. Romo
10. Schaub

I've seen a name pop up again and again in this thread, and I think it's all hype at this point. How many of you would put in your top 10 a QB whose ranked 18th in completion pct, 10th in passing yards, 11th in TD passes, and had the 6th most amount of INTs last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back