PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank your favorite WR's

I'm a huge Markus Wheaton fan but I just read that his hands are 8.5". I might move Robert Woods ahead of him as my "Patriots style" WR binkie. Woods' hands check in at 9 1/4"

I'm a huge Markus Wheaton fan but I just read that his hands are 8.5". I might move Robert Woods ahead of him as my "Patriots style" WR binkie. Woods' hands check in at 9 1/4"

like Wheaton for his character much more than Woods but Woods is certainly my #2 WR at this point. Would be very happy with him.

Ryan Swope has really small hands. Like 8 1/4" I think.

I wonder how big Welker's hands are though.

Also, I'm thinking Josh Boyce would be a good pickup in round 4 or 5. Tough enough to not get jammed at the line.

Also, I'm thinking Josh Boyce would be a good pickup in round 4 or 5. Tough enough to not get jammed at the line.

Yes!!

Think he's a very probable fit.

Great thread guys WR is my favorite position on the Field and our Team hasn't hit on one in ten years.:rolleyes: Ok BB can write the ship in this class alone...WR's I personally love for the Pats after watching them.

1) Keenan Allen = His suddenness in and out of his breaks are unmatched he has the makings of a tremendous WR. If his knees are fine he'll be a steal at 29.

2) Quinton Patton = I think the guy will make an IMPACT from Day 1 he looks awesome on tape.

23 Robert Woods = Woods will be a great one I love his route tree he can run em all.

4) Da'Rick Rogers = I really like this guys size and think he may be much better than regarded.

5) Ryan Swope = A Bigger Faster version of Welker who is a master of the double moves. He is already a great route runner.

BB! I would like a couple of those guys.:cool:

Jasper Collins: 4.49/40

We should do this by round. There's no sense in listing guys we can't, or won't draft.

I'm thinking this guy looks beautiful for one of our seventh round picks. And we' ve had him in for a private workout.

He's the only Div II player to shine at the Shrine game and comes from the same school as Pierre Garcon. Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Do we have the wondelic's of the top WR's. It will take a smart receiver to learn our offense in time to be a 2013 contributor.

Just give me a decent pairing of any of the following

Robert Woods
Justin Hunter
Cordarrelle Patterson
Da'Rick Rogers
Markus Wheaton
Aaron Dobson
Quinton Patton

I saw Reiss's pick of Keenan Allen in his mock got a lukewarm reception (hah -- pun not intended), so I was surprised to see him ranked as the top receiver by National Football Post.

Allen can explode off of the ball and he runs crisp routes with the football IQ to quickly break off a route and sit into an open area. He has the strength and toughness to generate a lot of RAC yardage. He is not a consistent blocker in the running game, but he is willing and could benefit from NFL coaching in this area. Overall, he deserves early first-round consideration because of his physical tools playing in the underneath area of the defense, moving the chains and breaking off the long one because of his ability to make plays in space. He is a better prospect than Justin Blackmon was coming out of Oklahoma State ...

NFP first got my attention a few years ago when they had Gronk and AHern as the two top-ranked TEs coming out of school, so I put some value on their ranking.

Last edited:
Disclaimer - It will become obvious in a second that I don't know anything about WRs. Just some perspective on my analysis, IMO the Patriots need to improve the X receiver. Although it is cliche, their offense is missing someone who requires defenses to guard the deep part of the field. My notes are focus on more traditional X receivers. There are many versatile receivers and if this is the way the Patriots go they will have plenty of options (Woods, Allen, etc.)

Austin is at the top of my list - a creative OC like McDaniels could do a lot with a toy like that
Patterson - has potential, never hurts to have play makers
Hunter - like him a lot, simplify his responsibilities and let him fly up and down the field
Wheaton - similar to Hunter, one dimensional but a little small
Da"Rick Rogers - like the toughness he could bring to the offense

Of all of them Hunter adds the most immediate impact to the offense. I would even consider bring back LLoyd and go into the season with the following WRs.

Slot- Amendola, Edelman
Brady left side - LLoyd
Brady right side - Hunter, Jones
Slater on special teams

The is a versatile group of WRs, many with injury histories. The depth will be needed.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back