Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Where will the Pats rank in Pass Rush stats at the end of the regular season?

• Will be ranked 1-5

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Will be ranked 6-10

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Will be ranked 11-15

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Will be ranked 16-20

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Will be ranked 21-25

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Will be ranked 26-32

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • They would be 33rd if there were 33 teams

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about pass rush pressure, hurried throws, incompletions, qb hits, any of these would be a better stat than # of sacks.
even with 10 more sacks, the defense is still soft on 3rd down and gives up too many long drives.
The Patriots were 22nd in sacks/attempt and 23rd in sacks last season. However, they were only 4 sacks out of 13th. I think we'll get 4 sacks more than last season, so I voted 11-15, a range that last year would have been 35-37 sacks, an increase of 4-6 over last year.

Last edited:
The best defenses and the best teams were not among the leaders in sacks. Games are won when points scored are higher than points given up.

This.

I'm guessing that with the influx of young, unproven talent, the sack numbers will increase slightly (I said 16-20). But that's a very uneducated guess (I don't think that ANYONE has any inkling of what this team is capable of yet, just because of how young they are). To expand on what mgteich said, I believe the Pats have a better chance to win the SB than to be one of the top five teams in the sack category... and I'm just fine with that.

Voted 6-10. Pass rush has a lot to do with scheme, and I'm thinking we'll be seeing a bit more aggression this year with what could be an improved secondary.

i say 11 to 15 cause they could get about 35 sacks that should get them 15th but i don't think the pass rush will be any good at all

i don't think ther is a nuff speed and talent up front to hit the QB im hopeing the CB's can hold up and cover for 4 or 5 sec

Talent wise they are 26 -32 but BB is good enough to coach them up to 21-25. I sure hope we see a more aggressive scheme b/c that is the only way to compensate for our seemingly lacking personnel at RDE and OLB.

Well they gave up more yards against the run last year than 12 other teams. They gave up less touchdowns that 29 other teams. We gave up 4.4 ypc which was worse than 19 other teams. So overall then last year they were close to the top 10.

I think they will be a whole lot better this, I think they will be a lot better this year with what looks like a lot more promising bunch of players on D and the fact that BB is in charge of them.

So I'm going 6-10 and I'm being conservative because I will not be one bit surprised if we crack the top 5.

You mean you "hope" they significantly upgraded the secondary. They signed Bodden - good. You "hope" Butler improved, you "hope" McCourty is more than a Special Teams guy, you "hope" Chung is much improved, etc.....there is no "significant" upgrade there that is tangible...yet. And, no offense, but do you see the secondary improving so much that you can give an opposing QB all day to find an open receiver...c'mon now. I see some safety blitzes in the future but I do not see a top ten as you predict. No way. WE NEED A PASS RUSH BAD.

It is not about hope, it is about believing that our secondary has significantly improved since the days of asking #80 to play both ways and picking up guys like Hank Poteat off the street.. if you have to ask this question, you will never understand.

Personally prefer optimism than to sit back like a bunch of whiners about how bad things are for this team.

Stop reading further because your head will explode, but last year we were #12 in Pass Defense in the whole league.. so whine and bytch about how bad things might be, from my POV things seem somewhat better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back