Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rank The Patriots in likelihood to win the SB

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Jan 5, 2012.

?

Rank the Patriots chances of winning the Super Bowl

Poll closed Jan 18, 2012.
  1. 1

    11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. 2

    9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. 3

    17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 4

    5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. 5

    5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. 6

    2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. 7

    1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. 8

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10/11/12 (only 10 slots allowed so bottom 3 are combined)

    1 vote(s)
    2.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

    PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2006
    Messages:
    15,720
    Likes Received:
    12
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

    #12 Jersey

    Of the 12 teams entered into the postseason....where do you rank the Patriots in terms of likelihood that they win the Super Bowl

    1- means Most likely

    2-11 somewhere in between

    12- Means least likely


    I will Put the Pats at 4 because I simply think the Saints,Packers and then Ravens are more likely to win it all.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
  2. Patriot Missile

    Patriot Missile Rookie

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2005
    Messages:
    5,408
    Likes Received:
    33
    Ratings:
    +64 / 4 / -1

    #75 Jersey

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    Man this team needs to play a football game or something.

    1. They will win the super bowl.
  3. MP-Logick

    MP-Logick Rookie

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2011
    Messages:
    907
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    At least in a few days we'll be able to talk about an opponent...this week we're just filling the space.
  4. drew4008

    drew4008 Rookie

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    2,367
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    You should structure the poll differently.

    I'd guess we have a 60% chance to make it to the Super Bowl. And about a 40% chance to win that game. This is all dependent on opponents obviously, so it's hard to say, but those are my best guesses.

    So 0.6 * 0.4 = 0.24 = 24% chance we win the Super Bowl. So 1/4 chance, right in line with the Vegas odds of 7:2 (which, by the way are inflated slightly due to the nature of our team/fanbase/media image)
  5. PATRIOTSFANINPA

    PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2006
    Messages:
    15,720
    Likes Received:
    12
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

    #12 Jersey

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    Not really

    There are 12 teams in the playoffs

    If you think NO,GB,Giants,Pitt and Atlanta are more likely to win it all the Pats would be ranked 6.....quite easy to understand
  6. Sciz

    Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2009
    Messages:
    7,224
    Likes Received:
    88
    Ratings:
    +205 / 1 / -0

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    2nd after the Saints.
  7. deroc5050

    deroc5050 Rookie

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2010
    Messages:
    212
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    I think there is a 15% chance the Saints go into GB and defeat them.

    If the pats have to go through the Steela's and then the Ravens... I don't like there chances. I think they are the best team in the AFC but those 2 teams are going beat the snot out of you a long the way.
  8. drew4008

    drew4008 Rookie

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    2,367
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    That's good for us IMO (if we make it to the SB). I think New Orleans would demolish us with that offense (and Payton's tricks). I think we'd have a pretty good shot against the Packers though.
  9. ALP

    ALP Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    Messages:
    7,403
    Likes Received:
    9
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    i believe we have the best team

    i see us being able to out duel BOTH rodgers AND brees

    the rest of the offenses wont be able to keep up, and no defense will be able to stop us
  10. PatsChamp88

    PatsChamp88 Rookie

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2009
    Messages:
    2,192
    Likes Received:
    13
    Ratings:
    +43 / 3 / -0

    #75 Jersey

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    1

    I believe in this team anyone that selects anything else sucks!
  11. JackBauer

    JackBauer On the Roster

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2005
    Messages:
    15,749
    Likes Received:
    190
    Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -7

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    I don't see any AFC team beating the Patriots.

    As for the Super Bowl...who knows. If Brady plays flawlessly and BB somehow conjures up a serviceable defense, I like our odds!

    I'd also be amped to be an underdog in the Super Bowl.
  12. Brady_to_Moss

    Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2007
    Messages:
    17,194
    Likes Received:
    123
    Ratings:
    +288 / 4 / -1

    #95 Jersey

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    i put it at about a 3
  13. Real World

    Real World Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Messages:
    26,840
    Likes Received:
    150
    Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    Crap, I voted before I read which end the odds were on. I picked 3 thinking they had a 3 out of 10 shot. So discount one of those 3 votes and toss it down near the other end. They can win the SB, but I'd say it's unlikely.
  14. drew4008

    drew4008 Rookie

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    2,367
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    It would seem not, based on the 2 replies above me as well lol
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  15. Tunescribe

    Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2004
    Messages:
    16,237
    Likes Received:
    229
    Ratings:
    +489 / 5 / -10

    #61 Jersey

    Re: Rank The Patriots in likelyhood to win the SB

    The Saints have to play TWO road games to make it in. I put the Pats at #1 because they're the 1 seed in their conference and I think they beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

unset ($sidebar_block_show); ?>