PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank New England's wide receivers, are you satisfied...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst in the league probably.

Hopefully I'm wrong by the time the season starts. Lots of work to do though.

Even if Sanders and Lloyd are on this team, there is no deep threat, meaning teams can still cheat by flooding the middle of the field. Sure they will be fine in the regular season, but they are going to repeat the struggles in the post season. Luckily there is plenty of offseason left to continue to improve the roster.

Hernandz is a TE. Any lineup that has him covered by a corner diminshes all of his strength, unless you place a ton of value on WRs blocking corners on running plays.

Yes Hernandez will lineup in a position that looks like a WR. He will do that, especially in the hurryup, because it exploits his advantage vs a S or LB in coverage. Putting Hernandez on the field with 2 other TEs and 1 WR, makes no sense.

I don't really think it matters what you call him, he plays all over the field depending on the situation, matchup etc. I don't think any title on a depth chart would diminish him he can use his strength against a corner and his speed against a LB/S. really is a case by case match up.

Justin Hunter would look good in a Pats uni

The Pats screwed the pooch with Welker so royally that it's incomprehensible. At least with Welker they probably could have gotten by simply by acquiring a decent deep threat WR. Mark it down: Brady throwing to these JAGs is going to look like the keystone cops this year.

Like I said in another thread it is March 17th.

Last year we were in the months of April/May/June and just about everyone on here was talking about how our WR group was going to consist of Chad Johnson, Anthony Gonzeles, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth etc....and NONE of them made the opening day roster.

What has you so terribly worried only 5 days into free agency and prior to the draft about something 5-6 months down the line?

Do you honestly think that Bill Belichick is going to sit around with no one for Brady to complete passes to?

So far we still have our top 3 targets in Amendola, Gronkowski, and Hernandez. We need to sign an outside the numbers guy either through FA or the draft--possibly both. The rest will be irrelevant depth guys who hardly see the field anyway, and even then it seems as though Belichick is already working to improve the overall depth with some lesser signings like Jones. Keep in mind that we'll likely see at least 4-5-6 other receivers brought in, and at least half of them probably won't make the team.

Did I ask about 06? Also that WR crew got us closer to the superbowl did then this last one.

They made a bid for Jennings!!! Feel better? Thats right, they are actually out there trying to get a great #1 WR. Can you believe it? Imagine that.

How about the questions I asked? Thats right. They were rhetorical.

You are a worry wart whiner.

They are actually out there TRYING to get a great #1 WR????? :rofl: Really??
Yeah that $6 mil offer (lowest on the table) really blew Jennings away.
Get a clue, mouthy.

They didn't actually make an offer to Greg Jennings, but I think the Patriots know that they need at least one deep-threat WR.

Currently I put the WR outlook at:

#1. Danny Amendola
#2. Donald Jones
#3. Donte Stallworth
#4. Matt Slater

those are just my thoughts on who's best-not the best. in actuality I think if the Pats just go with this line-up it will be Donald Jones, and DA in the slot.

but obviously they will add others.

This is the best post yet on the subject.....Yeah, things don't look really spectacular right now....BUT look at LAST year as you brilliantly point out. I am sure by the time they kick off in September....we will have a VERY good WR corps......Remember....we don't need "Flashy/big name" WR's.....we need consistent and reliable WR out there....Remember Givens, Patten, Branch, Troy etc.....No Real SUPERSTARS....but damn they were reliable and tough!!! We need to get back to that type of Offense.....and more importantly continue to build a smash your teeth down your throat D like we had back in the early 2000's as well......GO PATS!

Like I said in another thread it is March 17th.

Last year we were in the months of April/May/June and just about everyone on here was talking about how our WR group was going to consist of Chad Johnson, Anthony Gonzeles, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth etc....and NONE of them made the opening day roster.

What has you so terribly worried only 5 days into free agency and prior to the draft about something 5-6 months down the line?

Do you honestly think that Bill Belichick is going to sit around with no one for Brady to complete passes to?

So far we still have our top 3 targets in Amendola, Gronkowski, and Hernandez. We need to sign an outside the numbers guy either through FA or the draft--possibly both. The rest will be irrelevant depth guys who hardly see the field anyway, and even then it seems as though Belichick is already working to improve the overall depth with some lesser signings like Jones. Keep in mind that we'll likely see at least 4-5-6 other receivers brought in, and at least half of them probably won't make the team.

Cardinals said there is zero chance they trade Fitzgerald. So let those internet/twitter rumors die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back