PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank Em'

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaid23

On the Roster
Reaction score
who in your opinion are the patriots top 5 rivals? im not just talking in division, throughout the league.

my rank

1. colts
2. jets
3. miami
4. denver
5. steelers

who in your opinion are the patriots top 5 rivals? im not just talking in division, throughout the league.

my rank

1. colts
2. jets
3. miami
4. denver
5. steelers

I think you have it right. As a note, Denver and the Colts own us lately (5 straight loses).

Still think the best game the Pats played in their "run" was the championship game against the Steelers. How sweet was Dieon breaking lose deep after frizzy hair freak bit on Givens underneath. Of course, they did break the 21 game streak and also have a cursed field (Ty Law, Corey Dillon, etc.)

my rank

1. colts
2. jets
3. miami
4. denver
5. steelers

dont really think we have rivals... not like sox v yanks... gotta beat the division, but are they rivals? colts? broncos (maybe, but how can they be rivals)? steelers nope

I think you have it right. As a note, Denver and the Colts own us lately (5 straight loses).

Still think the best game the Pats played in their "run" was the championship game against the Steelers. How sweet was Dieon breaking lose deep after frizzy hair freak bit on Givens underneath. Of course, they did break the 21 game streak and also have a cursed field (Ty Law, Corey Dillon, etc.)

dieon (sic) who? never existed to me

Last edited:
1. Colts, obviously
2. Jets, because of EM
3. Broncos, it seems we can't win against them
4. Steelers, we should have won that superbowl last year
5. Miami, they spanked us last year

Go Pats:rocker:

All depends what you mean by rivals:

Historical Rival versus Threat for next season:

Historically I don't know how you can put the Dolts on top of the Jesters? Does the BB-Parcells issues fade THAT QUICKLY from your mind. I would hesitate to say that for those of us with the medium historical perspective (Grogan - Hannah - Cunningham era); the 10 year feeling of have-nots versus the haves (Doophins) was an intense rivalry. The shoot-outs versus the fish were great games. so from that perspective -

JESTERS
FISH
DOLTS
Denver
Buffy

I just don't see Squeelers as a legitimate long-term historical rival. My RIVALRY is based dominantly on division relationships I'll admit. All but Denver are current or former AFCE teams. But so what; isn't that what the divisions were designed for - rivalry??

If you want to ask who is a current RIVAL as a THREAT FOR NEXT SEASON?? Well you have Pitt on the list with a new coach and a mediocre QB and you are leaving off SD with one of the best RBs of all time (& a new coach). I don't see that. Dolts I'll give you as #1 cause they won the SB. & Jesters I could give you as #2 cause they will be tough and we have to face them at least twice. Denver because Shanny sux and they give us fits gets #4. #5 I think is a toss-up betwen Buffy or Miami because we play them twice and they both bring good D. It just depends on who you think will make more improvement; and due to my bias against Buffy's inept front office - even wiht their unsettled coaching situation and lack of a complete answer at QB; I'll take miami at 5.

1. Dolts
2. Jesters
3. SD
4. Denver
5. Miami

Actually I hate to make things worse, but we're 0-6 vs Indy/Denver the last 2 years. Really should do something about that, kind of embarassing.

If I were to rank I'd go...

1) Colts
2) Jets
3) Broncos
4) Steelers
5) Dolphins

Have to put the Steelers over the Dolphins since we've met in the AFC title game twice in the last 6 years, plus they ended our 21 game winning streak. The Dolphins always split with us so I'm over them.

Last edited:
Colts
Jets
Broncos
Miami
Oakland, never got over the Stingley incident and really dislike Al Davis.

I'd sooner say San Diego than Miami or Buffalo. But I'm coming from the point of view of "big games" rather than "guys you hate because they could derail you any given year."

But whatever we think, SD's biggest rival is us now.

PFnV

6 straight losses, actually.

(Colts: 2005, 2006, 2007)
(Broncos: 2005, 2006, 2006)

6 straight losses, actually.

(Colts: 2005, 2006, 2007)
(Broncos: 2005, 2006, 2006)

Strange turnaround- in 03/04 we were 5-0 against Denver/Indy, in 05/06 we're 0-6.

Those losses sort of mirror each other:
Playoffs- both Patriot meltdowns
at Denver '05, vs. Indy '06 - Pats fail to come through on a potential game-tying drive
vs Denver '06, vs. Indy '05 - Pats completely dominated on one side of the ball, game pretty much over by 4th quarter

Last edited:
My rankings:

1. Colts - the Commodus to our Maximus
2. Jets - Mangini, the home loss and the playoff game rejuvenated this one
3. Dolphins - just when we forget why we hate them....
4. Steelers - not the same since the Bus and Chin are gone
5. Broncos - proof that bad matchups can outweigh the quality of the teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes