PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rang's final big board

Personal favorites Shazier, Latimer and Bitonio all soaring, of course. :( Ah well, I'd already made my peace with Shazier being long gone. I don't think I believe in the Hageman slide, though.

Wow, WR Kelvin Benjamin dropping like a rock to the 70's. I'd still be all over him if he was there for us in the 2nd round.

Ouch, Shazier at #15. My dreams are over. I was thinking earlier today he might go top 12 but didn't post it because I thought I would be laughed at. Now I don't seem so far off :/ Here's to hoping for a fall!

Ouch, Shazier at #15. My dreams are over. I was thinking earlier today he might go top 12 but didn't post it because I thought I would be laughed at. Now I don't seem so far off :/ Here's to hoping for a fall!

He seems to be a unique player in this draft. Figure in no red flags, and it's not hard to imagine him going inside the top 20.

Personal favorites Shazier, Latimer and Bitonio all soaring, of course. :( Ah well, I'd already made my peace with Shazier being long gone. I don't think I believe in the Hageman slide, though.
Keep in mind, this is big board, not mock draft. So your player still could slide in actual draft.

By the way, Rob Rang's mock draft is not very accurate historically. But I really like his player rankings.

Keep in mind, this is big board, not mock draft. So your player still could slide in actual draft.

True enough, and in years past a player like Shazier could easily have slid because his position wasn't valued highly, or he was considered a "tweener." But his skill set matches up perfectly with the current state of NFL offenses, and I think a ton of teams could use him.

By the way, Rob Rang's mock draft is not very accurate historically. But I really like his player rankings.

I totally agree. I look at his mocks and just don't get the picks a lot of the time. However when I view a prospects tape I form my own opinion and then go read what others have to say to see if I'm on an island or in the consensus. A lot of the time I agree with Rang and he'll point out some things that I'll think yes I noticed that but didn't process it into my evaluation.

TE's dropping like rocks!!!

For good reason. After Ebron, I don't see a starter in the draft. In last years draft, I doubt anyone other than Ebron would have gone in the first three rounds.

For good reason. After Ebron, I don't see a starter in the draft.

Depends on ASJ's head. The physical tools are there and he has better hands and is a better blocker when he wants to be than Ebron. The question is if he's going to have the attitude and work ethic.

For good reason. After Ebron, I don't see a starter in the draft.
Neither do I but i was very surprised to see how far ASJ and Jace Amaro dropped. Figured they would be at least high 2nds

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back