PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss's blocking appreciation thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss's block(s) on the Morris screen were great. He added about 15-20 yards to the play.

Gotta say, I was impressed--:D

A wonderful "bon mot"!

But it is probably lost on youngsters who never saw him play.

Jim Brown was notorious for slowly getting up after a tackle, looking like he had just been hammered, slowly returning to the huddle, and then assuming his backfield stance...and then blowing by, and knocking down people like tenpins, as he displayed his awesome power, speed, and juking ability. :eek:

Only to repeat the procedure once again... ;)

Thank you. This ain't tiddlywinks folks. Those guys are busting their ass and getting beat on. The better you are, the more you are getting hammered play after play.

Put down the Cheetos and appreciate greatness while you can.

Thank you. This ain't tiddlywinks folks. Those guys are busting their ass and getting beat on. The better you are, the more you are getting hammered play after play.

Put down the Cheetos and appreciate greatness while you can.
^^^^^^^what he said

Moss is the man and all I have seen from him while he is here is effort. He may have been taken out a little early in the year when Cassel was still getting going and that prompted people to think he was dogging it but even then I saw this sort of effort out of his run blocking and that was enough for me to know it had to be more of a Cassel learning curve than a Moss giving up on a Bradyless season.

166 rec. 2,398 yards and 34 TD as a Patriot so far. :youtheman:

The idea that this thread has been taken (by some) as some sort of unfair bash on Moss is RIDICULOUS. Once again people cling to a player like he's they're Mommy - "no criticism, implied or otherwise, allowed!"

Give me a break. In the past Randy has NOT always hustled and blocked downfield. He has really bought in here, and I love the guy, but why do we have to pretend that he's always been perfect, giving 100% ALL THE TIME? He hasn't. I'm glad he has blossomed, in that way, here because he had blossomed in pretty much every other way long ago.

Last edited:
The idea that this thread has been taken (by some) as some sort of unfair bash on Moss is RIDICULOUS. Once again people cling to a player like he's they're Mommy - "no criticism, implied or otherwise, allowed!"

Give me a break. In that past Randy has NOT always hustled and blocked downfield. He has really bought in here, and I love the guy, but why do we have to pretend that he's always been perfect, giving 100% ALL THE TIME? He hasn't. I'm glad he has blossomed, in that way, here because he had blossomed in pretty much every other way long ago.

All that matters to me is what he did for us. I appreciate and enjoyed watching him in the past but I did not have to deal with those frustrations you mention. But where people get all defensive is that people look at the past and look at a slow point this season and assume if he dogged in the past he must be dogging now.

He has completely drank the kool aide here and is a true Patriot. We pretend he has always been perfect because he has been as close to that for us as possible.

All that matters to me is what he did for us. I appreciate and enjoyed watching him in the past but I did not have to deal with those frustrations you mention. But where people get all defensive is that people look at the past and look at a slow point this season and assume if he dogged in the past he must be dogging now.

Hm. Really. And where did I do that? Where did I "assume" anything? You people are amazing.

If you're wondering why I might seem a little more furstrated than is necessary it's because patsfans used to be a GOOD site, like sonsofsamhorn.net, where you could actually be honest about your players and the analysis thereof. But no, we have to hug our binkies and never say a cross word - and what gets me is that I wasn't really even SAYING a cross word.

Goodness.

Give me a break. In the past Randy has NOT always hustled and blocked downfield. He has really bought in here, and I love the guy, but why do we have to pretend that he's always been perfect, giving 100% ALL THE TIME? He hasn't. I'm glad he has blossomed, in that way, here because he had blossomed in pretty much every other way long ago.

Have you ever played as a deep-threat WR in football before? You can't just run full speed ever play, make perfect block, perfect catches (I don't want him to put himself in a high-risk injury spot just to make a catch) , etc all the time. It's not like he only plays half the snaps, he is in there pretty much all game. Just because he had a little attitude when he was younger doesn't mean he didn't give it his all.

I'll say it again, to be an effective deep threat, you can't just wear yourself out early on. You have to be able to beat you're guy when it matters. You simply don't put up the insane numbers Moss has throughout his career without giving it your all.

Last edited:
You simply don't put up the insane numbers Moss has throughout his career without giving it your all.

I agree. BB once said that whatever Randy went thru to make him the man he is today was worth it. Nobody on this site is the same person at 40 that they were at 20. People do grow up(well, maybe not everyone on this site:)) I make no apologies for my Randy love. I think he has been a great player for us both on the field and off.

GO PATS!

Moss BLOSSOMED with the Patriots? Good lord man...have you ever seen him played with the Vikings? LMAO...Moss is the same person he's always been if you followed his career like I have. He's the most talented wide receiver in history (although Calvin Johnson startin to look like Moss' heir apparent) and the best deep threat in the game. He gets along with his teamates (unlike mmm T.O.) but he's still sulky when he looses and doesnt play well in wet weather. Also "giving 100% ALL THE TIME" in a game? LMAO...stop using dream world lingo...please...

I'll tell you the only difference of Moss present day vs. when he was younger. He doesn't speak to the media as much anymore (and maybe he runs a 4.3/4.4 40 instead of 4.2 40). That's it!

One great thing I give BB and the Patriots organization credit for when it comes to Moss...He finally knows how to do "teamspeak" on the podium and during interviews.

Also, even though I'm a big Moss fan...this thread is really NOT needed. C'mon now...why give props to something that's normally expected of receivers on a running plays going in their direction. I'm sorry to say its going a bit overboard.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with this thread after the amount of crap Randy gets here for not trying.

How he was going to handle this season post-Brady was a big question not only around the league, but to many Pats fans. I had a feeling Belichick would be able to keep him in line, but Randy definitely didn't just stay in line.

He became a captain of the team and acted like one on and off the field. I also specifically noticed and commented on his blocking in the AZ game while watching it.

The only knock on his season are the number of dropped 'easy' balls he seemed to have over the season. I know Matt wasn't completely adept at hitting him in stride every time, but I'm sure there are a few passes Randy would like to have back. If he had caught even half of those, I have a feeling he'd possibly be in the conversation for league MVP.

I'm sure he's thrilled you approve of him.

Let's see, Moss needs to step up, but journalist Tomase is above reproach.

Seems sensible to me.

Hm. Really. And where did I do that? Where did I "assume" anything? You people are amazing.

If you're wondering why I might seem a little more furstrated than is necessary it's because patsfans used to be a GOOD site, like sonsofsamhorn.net, where you could actually be honest about your players and the analysis thereof. But no, we have to hug our binkies and never say a cross word - and what gets me is that I wasn't really even SAYING a cross word.

Goodness.

I never said you were the people who did it just pointing out that it was going on earlier this year and why people were so defensive with him.

IMO the problem with the site is not that there are some stupid football discussions but that people run around pissing and moaning about everything. If you don't like guess what you can chose not to come. But acting all sanctimonous because people are homers on a site called Patsfans is ludicrus.

Moss BLOSSOMED with the Patriots? Good lord man...have you ever seen him played with the Vikings?

Hey everyone, that's a quote from dakevdude - he can't read.

I said that he's blossomed here "IN THAT WAY" - referring to being more of a team guy and guy more willing to do the little things, like block downfield.

Try reading.

I said that he's blossomed here "IN THAT WAY" - referring to being more of a team guy and guy more willing to do the little things, like block downfield.

Try reading.

So you fall for the media-created drivel of Moss not being a team guy, even when all of his past teammates have only good things to say of him?

:confused:

The only difference between Moss on the Patriots and Moss on the Vikings/Oakland is that he is toned down. He got a ton of crap from the media because of the way he celebrated and sometimes losing his temper to easily (NOT at teammates, I'm referring to the water bottle squirt).

Thats it, Belichick got him to stop feeding the media and "act like he's been there". When it comes to playing and the team, though, he is the exact same guy.

Try reading.

FTW

...of course this picture is ironic at so many levels :p

Attachments

• Moss_Blocking.jpg
    Moss_Blocking.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 81
I'm sure he's thrilled you approve of him.

holy crap. I started this thread to praise him for doing the little things and this is what I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back