PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss's blocking appreciation thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
He did a heckuva job on several plays. Awesome to see him hustling and displaying the kind of teamwork that he has in the past been justifiably vilified for. Great work.

3 cheers for moss!

i still cant believe he's playing for us

I was impressed with his blocking. He's getting some great blocks.

Moss has always been this player, just like the media has always done what they could to create controversy.

I'll give it up for Randy. Hell of a game today. Great run blocking and nice RAC too! I think the TD was #11 on the year and puts his 2008 season at 3rd or 4th all time for the Pats for TD's by a WR. All in all a pretty good day at the office.

Moss looked fast as hell on his touchdown!

Yea, he was a freak when he kicked in the afterburners. Nice little reminder of what he's still capable of.

Have you seen some of the stuff he did at Marshall and with the Vikings? He is and has always been the most gifted WR to ever play the game.

Yea, he was a freak when he kicked in the afterburners. Nice little reminder of what he's still capable of.

... and it still looked effortless.

I don't think it needs to be said, but I've never seen Randy not give 100% including blocking.

People are wacked when they expect a guy to be in for every play, 90% of which he's running a long route, without having to catch his breath.

These people probably would have cut Jim Brown for taking to long to get back to the huddle.

Nice bLOCK Randy! Especially on the 2nd run from Sammy and you laye down to get those 2 extra yards! YOU DA MAN!

Wonder what his 40 is these days.

If I was to guess? Still around a 4.3-4.4 guy. He's extremely hard to catch at full speed - that 71 yard TD is my evidence I present to you.

If anyone watched the NFLN this weekend, they replayed the 1998 NFC Championship Game: Falcons vs. Vikings - Moss had a play in that game that was virtually the same as yesterday's play - except in the NFC game he cut across the middle and almost made it to the End Zone. Anyway, as I watched that game I thought to myself that I had not really seen Randy bust one off like that, making DB's miss and outrunning the SS after the ball was caught....watching that yesterday was amazing.

That being said, I was pissed as hell on one play yesterday when I thought he gave up and Cassel had to go long into the endzone and basically threw it over Welker. They had to kick a field goal on the next play. 3rd QTR, not sure when but if anyone remembers, please let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Yep, nice blocks from Moss on the Morris run! Loved it!

He did a heckuva job on several plays. Awesome to see him hustling and displaying the kind of teamwork that he has in the past been justifiably vilified for. Great work.
Randy doesn't need yr love. Ok dude. Sheesh.

These people probably would have cut Jim Brown for taking to long to get back to the huddle.

A wonderful "bon mot"!

But it is probably lost on youngsters who never saw him play.

Jim Brown was notorious for slowly getting up after a tackle, looking like he had just been hammered, slowly returning to the huddle, and then assuming his backfield stance...and then blowing by, and knocking down people like tenpins, as he displayed his awesome power, speed, and juking ability. :eek:

Only to repeat the procedure once again... ;)

Considering theres no brady Moss has had a great year. 10 plus tds and hes on pace for a 1000 yards like he always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes