PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustaphaM0nd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Just some thoughts on Randy Moss, who is frequently maligned in the media.

Moss looks like he's "jogging" because hes tall. When he's doing well, its poetry in motion, and when he isnt doing well, he isnt trying. Those are two interpretations of the same trait.

He also doesnt necessarily jump for the ball to fool defenders. When it works out, he's the best ball tracker in the universe, and when it doesn't he isnt trying. Once again those are two interpretations of the same trait.

These thoughts have led me to consider two conclusions:

1) Is the constant criticism of Moss a casualty of his style of play?

2) Is the impact of Randy's athletic prowess overrated, and is he therefore set up to dissapoint by not eclipsing 100 yards in every single game?

Any thoughts?

I would say that RM picks his plays,,he is not 25 anymore, I seriously doubt the best CB in game today could keep up with the 25 year old version of RM.

Will he lay off a ball hoping the DB follows him and not the ball, yea probably.

The answer to 1) is he does not go all out on every play.
For 2) He has been spectacular in his prior years with the Pats, I can't fully explain the drop-off, it is most likely a combination of things,,so the complaints would be due to comparison to past years, and not limited to athletic talent.

I was listening to that radio show on the Patriots.com which had Paul Perrillo, who seems level headed, and he was surprised how both Brady and BB came out to support RM, he did not think that was the Patriot way, we use to beat you and keep our mouths shut. I do think RM thinks he is better than what we experience on the field and needs some positive reinforcement from his team mates.

Do I want him as a Patriot, absolutely.

Just some thoughts on Randy Moss, who is frequently maligned in the media.

Moss looks like he's "jogging" because hes tall. When he's doing well, its poetry in motion, and when he isnt doing well, he isnt trying. Those are two interpretations of the same trait.

He also doesnt necessarily jump for the ball to fool defenders. When it works out, he's the best ball tracker in the universe, and when it doesn't he isnt trying. Once again those are two interpretations of the same trait.

These thoughts have led me to consider two conclusions:

1) Is the constant criticism of Moss a casualty of his style of play?

2) Is the impact of Randy's athletic prowess overrated, and is he therefore set up to dissapoint by not eclipsing 100 yards in every single game?

Any thoughts?

beating_a_dead_horse.gif

10 chars...

80+ catches, 1200+ yards and 12+ TDs is a remarkable season for any receiver in the league to achieve...except for Randy Moss, apparently.

he was 5th in the NFL in yerds. and they pretty much stoped throwing him the ball with about 5 weeks left. he lead the NFL in TD's with 13 and brady missed him wide open on at lest 3 more

the record year brady and moss had in 2007 will not happen again

they both had great years and if they can put up the same numbers next year with a better D and a real running game they can win a ring

Huh, I didn't realize Darrelle Revis was a member of the media. Same for the DB's on the Carolina Panthers. Keep spinning Mossy's!! ;)

beating_a_dead_horse.gif

10 chars...

1) That looks like a Llama to me.
2) Is that a cartoon version of the end of office space?

--Randy Moss comments

3) Randy Moss is not part of the problem. He's no spring chicken, and is no longer the best WR in the NFL, but is still very good.

Has lost some of his explosiveness which can be seen the lack of separation--something he often was able to achieve.

What will next year bring? If it gets worse, he'll better start going over the middle to earn his bread and butter. But I'm not sure he's got the testicular fortitude to do that.

I agree with the lanky frame it often looks as though he may be doggin' it when he's not.

Moss reminds me alot of another star athlete Jaromir Jagr, who also was attacked alot for not skating hard due to the fact that his big size made him look like he was not giving a 100%, when infact he was.

Also both could take over a game by themselves and look like men playing against boys, but good as they are they can't dominate 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back