PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss... WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy was clearly struggling today. Nice of the crowd to show him some support. I am glad his buddy Faulk is backing him up.

the crowd had every right to boo, I just wish the boo's were louder. He didn't give his best effort and its unacceptable. He gets paid millions to perform and he gave up at times. He needs to get his **** together real quick or he'll be kicking his feet up next to AD.

Why? Because Wes Welker is clearly not as talented as Randy Moss.

Besides Brady, there now is absolutely no other player on our team who is as vital and critical to our success as Wes Welker. That's an absolute fact, hands down.

There are many other players in the NFL who play WR just as good or better than Randy Moss. Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, maybe even Andre Johnson. They are just as fast and as capable of making acrobatic catches as Moss is. They are also younger, and more reliable. There are many WR's who give their absolute all on every play, are better 'team' players, and who rarely drop the ball or make mistakes. There's no doubt that I'd much rather have Reggie Wayne right now than Randy Moss, how often do you see him drop passes in clutch situations, etc? Wayne is a beast, so is Fitzgerald.

I appreciate having Moss, and he's had a great career. He was a dominant force here in the first 10-12 games of 2007, a pretty good WR since--but not nearly as dominant. Moss is quick, etc, but don't kid yourself and act like there's no other comparable talent.

As far as your Welker comparison, how many here would rather have a player like Welker who rarely if ever, lets you down. He's a true definition of 'football' player, a guy who gets smacked on every single play yet keeps getting up for more. His versatility is amazing, if teams doubled Welker more they'd have a much better chance of winning. When you take Brady's #1 target away, he's lost. There's no way Brady could have the time and luck for Moss to consistantly get open enough for us to win--you've seen it happen several times this year. If you ask any NFL team if they'd rather have Moss or Welker,I guarantee you more would want Welker. He may not have Moss' speed, but his elusiveness makes up for it 100%.

Why can't we just enjoy it?

I don't enjoy it because my expectation of a Belichick/Brady team is to be a legitimate contender in the tournament.

I see absolutely no indication, based on the way they have played this year, that this team is a tournament contender.

I think the fans have every right to express their disappointment with the quality of the product this season.

I've heard this for the last 10 years, guess what, Randy Moss leads all WRs in that time.

No-ones saying he had a good game. I think me and some other posters think your going OTT in slagging Moss off.

I mean cmon man you said he was having a disspointing season and he's in the top 3 statisticly out of the wideouts, and theres been time when he's been wide open and Bradys missed him!

I hate fantasy football so I don't care about stats. I will say I've known tremendous physical athletes who have posted great stats but did not have the heart to become champions. To be a champion transcends talent. A champion will most likely experience tremendous obstacles during a championship run. It will take heart and guts to overcome those obstacles. I think (borderline know) Welker (like Brown, Harrison, Law, Faulk...) overcomes those obstacles. Are all of you Moss apologists SURE Moss has the heart of a champion???

Last edited:
I think Wes Welker is perhaps the best player in the NFL right now and over the last three seasons. He's incredible.

Moss apparently is damaged/ (shaken up) by certain instances.

I have not read this thread yet.... but I have heard Moss takes things to heart and it will effect his play...... (example)- what happened earlier this week.

I have no interest in piling on Moss or any other player. IMO, they win as a team. Lose as a team. And, stink up the joint as a team as they have been doing here lately.

I have no interest in piling on Moss or any other player. IMO, they win as a team. Lose as a team. And, stink up the joint as a team as they have been doing here lately.

I'm with ya

Not to me. I was not all cheery in the first half, ask my wife and the kid who rang the door bell selling raffle tickets.

But this is the NFL that they are playing and any team can give any team trouble. So any win is a good win and fans should be happy about it unless they would rather be unhappy.

Well, see, most people don't actually just ignore the bad first half and the mediocre second half. That's true in life as well as when watching sports.

I've heard this for the last 10 years, guess what, Randy Moss leads all WRs in that time.

No-ones saying he had a good game. I think me and some other posters think your going OTT in slagging Moss off.

I mean cmon man you said he was having a disspointing season and he's in the top 3 statisticly out of the wideouts, and theres been time when he's been wide open and Bradys missed him!

Due to lack of any other viable option, coupled with Welker's missing 2 games, Moss' totals are a bit exaggerated.

How many times this year has he has 'bad' games? Look at his totals: in 8 games out of 13 he's had 5 or fewer catches.

Here are some 'key' games:

at NYJ--4 catches 24 yds
at DEN--1 catch 36 yds
vs NYJ--5 catches 34 yds
at MIA--2 catches 66 yds
vs CAR--1 catch 16 yds

and some other so-so games:

vs BAL--3 catches 50 yds
at NO --3 catches 66 yds

Mainly in our past 4 games:

5 catches vs NYJ
3 catches at NO
2 catches at MIA
1 catch vs CAR

That's 11 total catches in our past 4 games, the main problem is that these 4 games were going to define our season. In a critical stretch of games where our season mattered most, the biggest game he had was when Darrelle Revis shut him down for the 2nd time this year.

With 1000 yds total and 9 TD's, he's having a fine year total due to a few big games. But with most of his games being held in check, the poster who claimed he was having an 'off' year is generally right, in some people's opinions.

Moss apparently is damaged/ (shaken up) by certain instances.

I have not read this thread yet.... but I have heard Moss takes things to heart and it will effect his play...... (example)- what happened earlier this week.

That's what Rodney was saying on SNF. Hopefully he can take all the criticism and rally around it

We know what the story line is going to be this week. Everyone is going to pile on Moss and history will mean nothing. He'll have to prove himself once again. Add that with the fact that our running game is going and Mr. Taylor is close to returning, and we have a welcomed edge for the push. Get in the tournament.

That's what Rodney was saying on SNF. Hopefully he can take all the criticism and rally around it

I think when BB sent the players home he did not intend for it to become public. Kevin said Randy was hurt by all the negative publicity he received for being sent home. For good or bad, Randy is an emotional guy. He has to feel that the coach is in his corner. BB better have a nice sit-down this week with Randy.

Disappointing, I really hope he's not overly banged up right now. Next 2 games are must win's, no time to rest.

Moss is the best player on the Patriots. Welker is phenomenal as well.

The blame has been passed around this year, ehh? Brady, Belichick, and now Moss.

Felger was right. Randy is pulling a Manny he doesn't want to come back next season. I don't know why maybe he figures he can get traded to a New Orleans or Minnesota and dogging it is the only ticket out of town.

He leads the team with 9 TD receptions and could have very easily been averaging at least 1 per game if Brady didn't miss him open numerous times throughout the season. He had a bad game today. Calm down. Do you know what our record would be without him this year? Welcome to Buffalo.

Last edited:
Felger was right. Randy is pulling a Manny he doesn't want to come back next season. I don't know why maybe he figures he can get traded to a New Orleans or Minnesota and dogging it is the only ticket out of town.

jumptoconclusions.jpg

You own one of these?

Moss is the best player on the Patriots. Welker is phenomenal as well.

The blame has been passed around this year, ehh? Brady, Belichick, and now Moss.

I disagree. Welker is the best player on the Patriots. He fights to get open. He fights for a few extra yards. He takes hits for other players. He is a true Patriot TEAM member.

Moss? He goes deep.. That's it. He does not take hits for other team members.

His 1st year (2007), Moss had a great year. Why? Because the competitors were not prepared for Moss. But, near the last few games, they started to cover and bump Moss. Moss does not like to be bumped. Remember the Eagles game?

I don't enjoy it because my expectation of a Belichick/Brady team is to be a legitimate contender in the tournament.

I see absolutely no indication, based on the way they have played this year, that this team is a tournament contender.

I think the fans have every right to express their disappointment with the quality of the product this season.

Ever seen the final score of the Pats SB wins?

I think when BB sent the players home he did not intend for it to become public. Kevin said Randy was hurt by all the negative publicity he received for being sent home. For good or bad, Randy is an emotional guy. He has to feel that the coach is in his corner. BB better have a nice sit-down this week with Randy.

Well Moss has had the same boneheaded media cursing his name for a decade and the fans just lapping it all up. It's amazing that not a single one of Moss' teammates has ever had a negative thing to say about him, yet for a decade he's been dogging it and quitting on his teammates. He must just have naked pictures of all their wives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes