PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss... WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to pile on Randy Moss. I assume he's hurt.

Having said that, nobody in the New England Patriots organization has any room complain about the fans booing that performance today. This team stinks, plain and simple.

Obviously. They didn't win 56-10, they suck.

Ever think that Moss is an aging great who is slowing down and pressing, losing focus and losing confidence? That's what I think and I see evidence of that every game this year. Randy's best years are behind him. He knows it. We should too.

Last edited:
Obviously. They didn't win 56-10, they suck.

I watched the game. I saw the Pats eek out a win at home against a very weak team. More importantly, I saw the way they played. The 2009 New England Patriots are not a good football team. They can beat the weak sisters of the poor, but their only defense consists of hoping for dropped passes and bad throws from the opposing QB.

I'm sorry. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.

Given that the team won because Carolina was forced to start a QB that couldn't have beaten a Pop Warner team today and, given that it was abundantly clear that even a mediocre QB would have carved up that defense, perhaps it's understandable that people aren't all cheery about the game.

I don't even want to think about what this game would have been like if Carolina had a QB who could hit the side of a barn.

All the other no 1 recivers in the league get double teamed (Larry Fitz, Wayne etc) yet they all still make their catches week in, week out

Catches/Yards

Larry Fitzgerlad

Week 2: 4/34
Week 12: 4/34

Reggie Wayne
Week 2: 3/37
Week 12: 3/19
Week 13: 4/48

If Fitzgerald doesn't get ~100 yards tomorrow, Moss will still have more yards on the season than him.

All the other no 1 recivers in the league get double teamed (Larry Fitz, Wayne etc) yet they all still make their catches week in, week out

Moss either has a 200 yard game or nothing. I think a few things come into play

1 - The OC and Brady need to find ways to get Moss into the game as a reciever

2- Brady needs to stop looking Welker, Welker, Welker

3- We deseperately need a 3rd WR option (i,e, Stallworth, Gaffney). Aiken could maybe do it but hes banged up

Losing Gaffney was a dumb move IMHO

I think DEN just offered too much money, considering he was making approx. 1.1 million per/ here, and they are paying him approx. 2.5 per/ there. As much as most of us agree with you about loving to have Gaff back, the front office most likely just didn't see the value at the time.

I wonder if they would see value in matching the offer now or not? (in hindsight obviously) They may still think that's too expensive, although my opinion (worth nothing) is that I'd probably match the deal, knowing what we know now. Others may feel differently however.

You have to remember they most likely felt that Galloway, Greg Lewis, or a draft pick (descision made in Feb.) would've done just as well in production replacement. Too bad none of those worked out at all. I don't blame them at all for the Gaffney situation, but I didn't agree with knowing since early in the year that it was an obvious problem. I would've liked the #3 situation addressed when they realized it was an issue, through street FA, trade, another teams' practice squad or our own practice squad. I don't agree with how it was ignored.

I watched the game. I saw the Pats eek out a win at home against a very weak team. More importantly, I saw the way they played. The 2009 New England Patriots are not a good football team. They can beat the weak sisters of the poor, but their only defense consists of hoping for dropped passes and bad throws from the opposing QB.

I'm sorry. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.

I watched it, too. I saw Tom Brady complete every pass he needed against the 5th ranked Pass D in the league for the entire second half (when we have been awful all year. I saw our running game look great. I saw our run defense look great against an awesome rushing offense. And the one big error of our pass defense was on a miscommunication.

If you want to look at all the negatives, feel free. But reading most of the comments here you'd think the team got blown out.

If you want to look at all the negatives, feel free. But reading most of the comments here you'd think the team got blown out.

It is what it is. The Patriots are a 3-3 team over the last six weeks. That's what they are. That's the way they play.

I'm glad to see they ran the ball today. What choice do they have? Their passing game has been reduced to Brady and Welker and you can only go to that well so many times.

Last edited:
Given that the team won because Carolina was forced to start a QB that couldn't have beaten a Pop Warner team today and, given that it was abundantly clear that even a mediocre QB would have carved up that defense, perhaps it's understandable that people aren't all cheery about the game.

I hate to agree but ****.

This is just the facts folks. Moore is freaking terrible and there were so many missed oppurtunities/big penalties that killed the Panthers. Against a good team today, the Patriots lose decently. The Panthers never could keep their foot on the pedal, good teams do. I'm glad they got to 8-5, I hope they can eek out a divisional title so we don't listen to fins fans all offseason.

But today didn't show me anything than what I've seen all season honestly. Sure they played a good 4th quarter, but again they didn't play for a half. Every week they take a half off, and it just doesn't seem to be ending at this point.

I'll just stop now, but folks this team is far from perfect. Calling the people who just say everything sucks, rip it down stupid is understandable. Calling people our who are merely stating the facts and what any honest person can clearly see whiney is homerism to the fullest

But today didn't show me anything than what I've seen all season honestly. Sure they played a good 4th quarter, but again they didn't play for a half. Every week they take a half off, and it just doesn't seem to be ending at this point.

We are deep enough into the season now that we just have to conclude that the team isn't taking a half off. They simply are not good enough to play any better. I'm not surprised that the defense is weak. I am surprised by the offense. I think this is probably just the inevitable result for an all-pass-all-the-time offense that tries to go too long with no balance.

I think most folks saw the same thing in Randy today. It seems like he is not really putting any effort in catching the ball.

But, what is EVEN WORST, is BRADY keeps trying to throw to Randy. This is
not the OC fault, but BRADY's.

Remember how BRADY in pre-Moss years, spread the throws to many different receivers? Now, it's Moss or Welker.

If Welker is hurt and cannot play, this team is dead.

2010 draft needs:

- 1st round : stud DT, DE, or OLB.
- 2nd round : DTs, DEs, or OLBs. A TE.
- remaining rounds : receiver & punter.

Trade/Free-agency: #1, #2, or #3 receiver.

2010 is Randy's last year at a Patriot, in most cases. Whether he will show up to play or not, you can no longer depend, IMO.

Lastly, get rid of O'brien. He is just plain not a OC. Pees is no better at DC, either.

In 2011, draft, need to draft next franchise QB. In 2yrs, he will replace Brady.

Not to me. I was not all cheery in the first half, ask my wife and the kid who rang the door bell selling raffle tickets.

But this is the NFL that they are playing and any team can give any team trouble. So any win is a good win and fans should be happy about it unless they would rather be unhappy.

I hate to agree but ****.

This is just the facts folks. Moore is freaking terrible and there were so many missed oppurtunities/big penalties that killed the Panthers. Against a good team today, the Patriots lose decently. The Panthers never could keep their foot on the pedal, good teams do. I'm glad they got to 8-5, I hope they can eek out a divisional title so we don't listen to fins fans all offseason.

I'll just stop now, but folks this team is far from perfect. Calling the people who just say everything sucks, rip it down stupid is understandable. Calling people our who are merely stating the facts and what any honest person can clearly see whiney is homerism to the fullest

Hit it right on the head, IMO.

The people who are calling for BB to be fired this wk, and for Brady to be benched are crazy pessimists. The people who are pointing out some flaws and stating facts are doing what this forum was made for--respectable debating.

I'm sure we'll have plenty of 'good job' or 'game ball' threads which give due credit to the defense, the running game, Brady himself, etc today. This thread was simply about something many of us noticed today, Moss' horrible performance and a eeked out victory that we'll gladly take at this point.

I do think we'd have to play practically flawlessly to get a Rd.#2 win in the playoffs against teams like SD, CIN, DEN but for now, everyone should be thankful for a shot just to get there.

Like Deus says, when it comes to the Kool-Aid, take sips not chugs.;)

Moss either has a 200 yard game or nothing. I think a few things come into play

1 - The OC and Brady need to find ways to get Moss into the game as a reciever

2- Brady needs to stop looking Welker, Welker, Welker

3- We deseperately need a 3rd WR option (i,e, Stallworth, Gaffney). Aiken could maybe do it but hes banged up

Losing Gaffney was a dumb move IMHO

They had a reliable 3rd receiver and went looking for a pig in a poke.

They had a reliable 3rd receiver and went looking for a pig in a poke.

If you're referring to Gaffney, I think DEN just threw too much money at him for the front office to match. He was playing under a 1 yr deal here at 1.1 million, while DEN offered 4 yrs/10 million.

They must've figured that Galloway, Lewis, or a draft pick would've pretty much made up for the lost productivity from Gaffney. I have a feeling even after all of this, that they still wouldn't match the offer if it happened today. If it were up to me (let's all thank god it's not:rolleyes:) I'd have matched the offer, mostly due to the positive repoire he had with Brady. They rolled the dice and lost with Galloway and Lewis. I don't have much of an issue with the front office on this, but I do resent the fact that they knew very early in the season they had a horrible situation with their #3--yet chose to ignore it.

Credit McD for going out and getting what he wanted, in the draft and in his off-season acquisitions. He took a somewhat downtrodden team that no one expected much to compete, and wheeled and dealed himself to a probable playoff berth and a double digit win total in his first season.

You people need to chill. Take the turnovers way and dominate this game. We have lost three games we could have, should have won. Moss is fine. It's the other injuries I worry about.

It seems some would favor crying all the time.

You people need to chill. Take the turnovers way and dominate this game. We have lost three games we could have, should have won. Moss is fine. It's the other injuries I worry about.

It seems some would favor crying all the time.

stop being a Moss apologist, its either that or you didn't watch the ******* game.

Yeah, I'm a huge Moss supporter, but something was not right with him today. He needs to get his head straight and get back to dominating.

get back to dominating? I'd settle for contributing occasionally

What the hell was that?

Dropped passes, penalties, fumbles, quitting on plays?

Did Carolina pay him off or something? That's the most pathetic performance from a Patriot all year...

This is new??? Might not have been this extreme but Moss has been a dog quite often this year.
I'm just happy Brady chose to ignore his binky in the 2nd half and we won the game.
If only Brady had done that in Miami.... :(

Love how I got ridiculed a couple weeks ago for saying Moss quits on plays. "BB would never allow it" haha

Moss has been here only two years prior to this season and came with a horrible reputation. This season has been pretty disappointing. He's either hurting bad or showing a pretty significant lack of interest. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's not outrageous for some posters to believe he's reverted to the pre-Patriots Moss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back