PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Moss filed his retirement papers, I'm told the Eagles made an offer. So file that under bad timing.
5 minutes ago via txt

Reid never learns his lessons. But it seems that Randy has filed his paperwork with the league and is officially retiring. Not sure what the process is if he changes his mind once he has, but I do recall there is a process otherwise guys wouldn't routinely postpone the filing.

I would imagine you just file your un-retirement papers. Funny, never heard mention of this after all the times Favre retired and came back.

God was that awesome to watch..

Moss' 51-yard TD triple-covered by the Jests and Randy is just easing away from three of the fastest guys in the NFL. Just amazing.

The only Patriots catch for a TD I liked better was this one:

‪Rob Gronkowski drags James Laurinaitis for a TD‬‏ - YouTube

It was pre-season but made me jump out of my chair, cough up some beer and spill the popcorn all over the dog. James Laurinitis, no slouch of a tackler, had him at the 6-yard-line.

Report: Moss got Philly offer after retiring

Former Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss was offered a one-year deal by Philadelphia shortly after filing his retirement papers, according to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald. Moss, who was with New England from 2007 until October 2010 when he was dealt to Minnesota, still has the option to file "unretirement papers."

Sorry if this is already posted.

Re: Report: Moss got Philly offer after retiring

Former Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss was offered a one-year deal by Philadelphia shortly after filing his retirement papers, according to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald. Moss, who was with New England from 2007 until October 2010 when he was dealt to Minnesota, still has the option to file "unretirement papers."

Sorry if this is already posted.

It is...... In the Moss to Retire thread.

I would imagine you just file your un-retirement papers. Funny, never heard mention of this after all the times Favre retired and came back.

I don't believe that Favre has ever filed retirement papers.

Re: Will Randy Moss end up in the Patriots Hall of Fame?

I didn't want to start another randy moss thread so I'll put this here. It is in my opinion an excellent retrospective of moss' career by Mary Paoletti over at CSNNE.

It's a somewhat lengthy read; if instead you are looking for something briefer and less serious, I'll direct you to the comment section following the article.

Sympathy for the bedeviled: On Moss

I don't believe that Favre has ever filed retirement papers.

If I recall correctly he retired from the Jets, then not only had to retire but also had to get the Jets to release him so he could sign with Minnesota. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jets couldn't trade him and were therefore forced into cutting him per the trade agreement they had with Green Bay; that is, if the Jets had traded him then they got less in return or had to give the Packers a draft pick back. However, by cutting him rather than trading him they owed nothing.

That led to speculation that this was Favre's plan all along; play one year with the Jets, force them into letting him go, and walk away as a free agent so he could sign with Minnesota - which is where he wanted to be in the first place, so he'd have a chance to play against and stick it to his former team.

I thought he did after he "retired" from Green Bay.

He did. And that was why Green Bay had him on the retired list and had to release or trade him as soon as he unretired because of his cap hit. I believe the Commissioner got involved and it took a few days (to give GB a chance to get a trade working). I think the JETS just cut him because they were moving on and didn't want the drama and they were under agreement not to trade him to the one place he seemed destined to go.

It's a little different when you are not under contract to anyone. But it still takes a couple of days to file your unretirement papers...

I doubt Randy would be any more interested in a one year deal from Philly than he would in the couple of offers he apparently fielded. They just want him in case Maclin and Jackson aren't ready or able or willing to start. That's the situation he landed in in Tenn. last year where once their guy came back Randy wasn't worth the bother.

If I recall correctly he retired from the Jets, then not only had to retire but also had to get the Jets to release him so he could sign with Minnesota. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jets couldn't trade him and were therefore forced into cutting him per the trade agreement they had with Green Bay; that is, if the Jets had traded him then they got less in return or had to give the Packers a draft pick back. However, by cutting him rather than trading him they owed nothing.

That led to speculation that this was Favre's plan all along; play one year with the Jets, force them into letting him go, and walk away as a free agent so he could sign with Minnesota - which is where he wanted to be in the first place, so he'd have a chance to play against and stick it to his former team.

Yep. And I recall Rex calling Favre after he had retired, to see if he wanted to play..Favre said no. So much for the No.

A contender will need a WR later this season and Moss will return to try and get a ring.

At least my mind is at rest. Being a lazy turd isn't a crime, but he can always wave to Braylon Edwards from outside the exercise yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes