PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he's a little behind the ball on announcing this, it looked like he retired halfway through last season

I thnk that I'm going to wait a bit before wishing him a happy retirement.

Retirement is a fickle thing. First you are, then you're not. :cool:

Last edited:
Breaking News: This just in.....

Randy Moss has been spotted catching footballs on a high school football field in Hattiesburg, MS and afterwords was seen chatting with Bus Cook.....

If there is one thing I can understand/relate to, it is a moddy SOB. Good luck in life, Randy. I'll never forget what SHOULD have been.

Thanks for all the great memories Randy, especially the 2007 season. Hopefully you will remain on speed dial this year should we need your help.

Thank you Randy for all the memories. You will be missed.

Cassel - Moss vs the Jets in 2008.

His best catch, hands down (well, up)

Any truth to the rumor he is starting a catering business?

The man was a freak, quite possibly the most TALENTED receiver of all time (Hands, speed, jumping), and definitely is a first ballot Hall Of Famer. Definitely one of the top 10 receivers of all time.

adbrandt Andrew Brandt
I'm told Randy Moss didn't find the interest he hoped from his preferred teams like NE Indy, Pitt, and others.
1 minute ago

Sounds about right, despite any spin his man Chris Carter chooses to put on it. I think Curran hit the nail on the head, Randy wants it to appear that the decision was his decision... He wasn't about to be anyone's chump change role player. Joel Segal was his agent for the last 14 months for nothing...

I hope Randy goes into the Hall as a Patriot. He was in the league 13 years and had 10 truly HOF years. That is a hell of career. A supreme talent for a guy who was so insecure that he sabotaged on his own his last season with the Pats....as well as the Vikings and Titans. That's was sad. I truly believe that he'd like to have a do over on that one.

If he stays in shape and the Pats undergo some injuries at the WR position, then it wouldn't surprise anyone if the Junior Seau, save my season call goes out to him. Thanks for the memories Randy, and I hope the rest of life is as successful, but goes more smoothly than your professional one did.

Isn't he 33??

Yup. Same age as Chad Johnson - though save for lack of being a deep threat Johnson still had a good season last year.

I don't know what it was about Randy's dropoff last year - I'm thinking it was a combo loss of step/skills and a bad attitude wanting a certain number of balls coming his way that neither Brady nor Belichick agreed with.

I was hoping he'd get a few more coaches fired this year and maybe that will still happen if the injury bug hits a team's WR corp.

Gotta figure he'll still be in Belichick's Rolodex, in case of injuries to the current crew.

Randy Moss will be at practice on Friday in Foxboro, if memory serves about the last HOF-caliber guy to retire and show up at Gillette. In 2006, Junior Seau had a four-day retirement from the San Diego Chargers. That worked out pretty well.

In the end, Randy Moss brought his lack of a solid market on himself. He quit on the Patriots, quit on the Vikings and quit on the Titans. He showed up two great coaches, Belichick and Jeff Fisher in his last year. Nobody was going to put any guaranteed money nor more than one year on the table.

This guy is so mercurial that my guess is he'll be back.

It will be odd seeing Aaron Hernandez in Randy's "81" jersey this fall.

I hope Randy goes into the Hall as a Patriot. He was in the league 13 years and had 10 truly HOF years. That is a hell of career. A supreme talent for a guy who was so insecure that he sabotaged on his own his last season with the Pats....as well as the Vikings and Titans. That's was sad. I truly believe that he'd like to have a do over on that one. If he stays in shape and the Pats undergo some injuries at the WR position, then it wouldn't surprise anyone if the Junior Seau, save my season call goes out to him. Thanks for the memories Randy, and I hope the rest of life is as successful, but goes more smoothly than your professional one did.

It would surprise me...

And football players don't go into the HOF as team members. When Randy's time comes it will be interesting to see who presents him... He fired the only guy who was always in his corner 14 months ago. He never left an organization on good terms. Maybe Chris Carter.

The man was a freak, quite possibly the most TALENTED receiver of all time (Hands, speed, jumping), and definitely is a first ballot Hall Of Famer. Definitely one of the top 10 receivers of all time.

Every now and then as I'm drifting off to sleep, I let myself imagine Moss catching one of those desperation bombs from TFB at the end of The Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned. Man, he came close at least once. If anyone could have ever pulled it off, it was him at that time.

It was a great couple of years, and he was a True Patriot for a while, and that will always be a part of the shared memories of New England's sports fans. I'm glad and proud that he was a New England Patriot.

Loved Randy as a patriot. Watching him and Brady in 07 was amazing. So much fun to see them connecting on 23 td's. What a player that guy was. A complete freak.

Finally time to change my sig! ;)

Thanks for everything, Randy. You're one complicated guy, you know, but I'll never forget what you gave to this team. Your one-handed catch over the middle against the Colts is one of my top all-time Patriots memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back