PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss to be on Fox Sports "Stars on Stars" with Stephon Marbury tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Randy Moss to be on Fox Sports "Stars on Stars" with Stephon Marbury tomorrow nig

Since January 21st, it hasn't been easy.

I liked the Stallworth and Welker signings, loved the Adalius Thomas signing.

Don't the Patriots get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise?

Re: Randy Moss to be on Fox Sports "Stars on Stars" with Stephon Marbury tomorrow nig

The thing is that I don't think the Pats need to change their entire offense...

I agree, but get ready - the entire offense will change, dramatically IMO.

Look at this roster compared to the rosters of the past. Speed at wr, te, rb. This isn't the Pats of old anymore. Can they do what they've done in the past? Sure, and that will still be a big part of the scheme, but I expect the playbook just got another inch or two thicker than it ever has been! :D

This assemblage of talent was a deliberate, planned act. This offensive roster was built to take advantage of the new surface at Gillette and the others like it around the NFL. I think BB wanted a way to attack the cover-2 even more effectively than he has in the past. I think he's done it, in a big way.

This is going to be one exciting season!

Don't the Patriots get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise?

But wasn't the otherwise proven the last two seasons?

The Denver game can, to a significant degree, be attributed to the turnovers by, of all people, Faulk, Hobbs, Brady and Troy Brown. The defense had shut down the donkeys' run game, and befuddled Jake the Fake and his "genius" HC/OC.

The dolts' game, however, can be attributed, again to a significant degree, to a flaw in personnel. Injuries/illness contributed, of course, but the replacements didn't cut the mustard. One of the causes of January 21st 2007 was the disastrous draft, aside from the 1st round, of April 2004. I sincerely hope that history hasn't repeated itself.

But wasn't the otherwise proven the last two seasons?

The Denver game can, to a significant degree, be attributed to the turnovers by, of all people, Faulk, Hobbs, Brady and Troy Brown. The defense had shut down the donkeys' run game, and befuddled Jake the Fake and his "genius" HC/OC.

The dolts' game, however, can be attributed, again to a significant degree, to a flaw in personnel. Injuries/illness contributed, of course, but the replacements didn't cut the mustard. One of the causes of January 21st 2007 was the disastrous draft, aside from the 1st round, of April 2004. I sincerely hope that history hasn't repeated itself.

I assumed you were speaking about the recent additions of players with questionable character since you said that Moss would become a problem this season.

But you're saying that Belichick can't be trusted because the Patriots don't win the Superbowl every year? That seems pretty unfair to me.

The Patriots have been in the mix for the Superbowl the past two years which is more than most coaches can say, so clearly Belichick still has it.

The Patriots have addressed most if not all of their personnel needs that kept them out of the Superbowl last year.

Last edited:

1) I assumed you were speaking about the recent additions of players with questionable character since you said that Moss would become a problem this season.

2) But you're saying that Belichick can't be trusted because the Patriots don't win the Superbowl every year? That seems pretty unfair to me.

3) The Patriots have been in the mix for the Superbowl the past two years which is more than most coaches can say, so clearly Belichick still has it.

4) The Patriots have addressed most if not all of their personnel needs that kept them out of the Superbowl last year.

1) If you're referring to my hope that history doesn't repeat itself, I meant that I hope that the 2007 draft doesn't resemble the 2004 draft.

2) I trust BB on the sidelines more than any other HC in football. If I seem greedy, that's because I am. Immortality beckoned on January 21st. I hope it gives us one more chance to answer.

3) Indeed, BB is the best game-planner alive. I'll just never get the first offensive series of the 2nd half, and 3rd-and-4, out of my head. Charlie is still missed.

4) WR has certainly been addressed, though I would have passed on Washington and Moss. And Adalius will bring a new dimension to the defense, the pass rush in particular. However, I would have liked another quality vet for FS/CB, or even SS; I would have signed Justin Griffith instead of Morris, and I still hope we sign Chris Brown; and our ILB situation is in desperate need of quality youth. Seau will help, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes