PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss still longing for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about it,How many players like Randy Moss are already involved in not ONE but TWO Entrepreneurships like he is involved in already and not yet post career at that!

He has that Stock Car ownership going as well as that Smoothie drink franchise.

Moss at this point is a much better business man than he is a player....signs point to a retirement in the Very near future unless he wants to taint his legend further by becoming even more of a non factor than he has been last season.

Some players know when its time to quit like Larry Bird while others play too long like Emmitt Smith for example.

Last edited:
On short/cheap money, sure, why not? The guy has enough talent that it's worth taking a flyer to see if he can return to something closer to '09 form than '10.

Last edited:
It would almost be worth it....Felger's head would surely explode:p

I don't know. Tough question. I'd have to sleep on it for a few months.

I'm not convinced that Randy can still stretch the field with any consistency, so he kind of becomes just another receiver in this offense. That being the case, I'd rather see more of Tate, Edelman, and Price to see what we've really got with these kids.

I could see him getting signed before camp, and having to really work to make the team. A la Torry Holt.

I wouldn't mind him coming back. This time around he would know his role and give 100 percent now that he sees how it's done Patriots Way.

Randy Moss > Brandon Tate.

Yeah and I'm still yearning for Jennifer Aniston. Lots o luck Randy you blew your chance.

Come back home Randy, you're part of the family, you learned a hard lesson and we understand. Your presence on the field will open up so much for everyone else and make this offense complete.

A humble Randy is a very valuable Randy.

I would seriously have to wonder what his role is on this team. This offense picked up a quite a bit after his departure last season. Became a lot less predictable and it was harder to game plan for. Is he willing to play in just a handul of plays a game and not mope on the sideline? I doubt it. He is one of the best WR's to ever play the game. I watched Rice with Oakland and Seattle and up until the very end the fire is there but the legs and ability seem to fade. They are the last to be convinced.

Yes we could of used him vs the jets 3 game. But surely we could of executed better in those opening drives and not botch fake punts. We score and we are the ones dictating that game. Not the other way around.

Still a superb goal line threat though. We'll see what happens. I can't picture BB bringing back a player he traded. Anyone know of any examples?

Still a superb goal line threat though. We'll see what happens. I can't picture BB bringing back a player he traded. Anyone know of any examples?

hahah ii'm going to go ahead and assume you were being sarcastic... lost in typing.

As far as your question answer: starts with b and grows on a tree

Last edited:
On short/cheap money, sure, why not? The guy has enough talent that it's worth taking a flyer to see if he can return to something closer to '09 form than '10.

Agreed. For all that the media said about him, it's clear his teammates loved him. He pouted because he thought it would be the best way to get a new deal. He thought the team would suffer without him giving his all. Then he realized he was dispensable. I think he had to have learned a lesson from all of that and would come back as a team player all the way. I'd be willing to give him another shot so long as he's on a short leash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes