PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss still longing for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he bulk up and play left guard?

Can he bulk up and play left guard?
Right, because that's our only need.

I'd love to have Randy back if he came back as part of the team concept and not sulking and needing the ball. Can he be that player ? I don't have a clue but I'd hope Bill would talk to him and make a judgment on it.

How does that song go? "Now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own..."

He never wanted to leave in the first place, I don't really see how this is a surprise. I think his plan definitely back fired on him, thinking he was going to get a BIG contract extension before the lockout/end of season. He has stated numerous times that he wishes to come back and play for the Patriots, this lockout just further prevents him from doing so considering Free Agents keep getting screwed.

Come home Randy and I shan't feel bad for you anymore.

straight vet minimum salary, homie...

Do not want. It seems obvious that he's a headcase but he's also very limited in terms of the routes he can run effectively.

I'd love to have Randy back if he came back as part of the team concept and not sulking and needing the ball. Can he be that player ? I don't have a clue but I'd hope Bill would talk to him and make a judgment on it.

To be honest it is a little refreshing to see approach. If only he could articulate what I preceived happened.

He recognizes this is one of the best run teams in the league with the best coach and QB in the league.

But he also recognized the money he wanted was going to be elsewhere and tried like hell to get it. It backfired and instead of holding a grudge he is pining for the good old days.

I think there is one reason why a reunion could work. And it simply comes down to the fact that between his age and the way things went down last year he will be playing on a one year deal this year and likely a series of them the rest of the way. And he would have nothing to complain about, his problem this year was that he thought he could get a long term deal from us to take him to the end of his career and if we werent going to give it he wanted to be somewhere that would and I think he would have to know that doesnt exist anymore and that distraction would be gone.

I think there is one reason why it wouldnt work. His age...he may not be what he once was. I think this risk is worth it because he has to have something left and he could still have a lot left.

Lastly you have to wonder if BB even thinks its worth the trouble both immediately as it pertains to moss and down the road as the precedent it set..

Personally I would love the idea of Moss back but mostly because I know it wont happen unless Moss' attitude is a non-issue.

Last edited:
I liked this team sooo much better without him on it. Not a Patriot type player.
They were fading him out of the offense before they traded him, no need for a headache with a me first attitude and fading skills.

will he stand for being just a decoy 70% of the time ? if the answer is yes then the pats should sign him back because he opens up welker and the TE's to take over games

Randy Moss,Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson should get together and form a music group called "The Once Great,But Now Totally Washed Up WR Wanting To Waste A Roster Spot Band"

I still can't beleive there are idiots that still want a player who has done squat for the past 2 years other then being a so-called "decoy",but even then,now at this point in his career,most NFL cornerbacks no longer fear Moss as a big threat,Moss gets pushed around 5 yards out from the LOS and he is through with the play like a turtle going back in his shell.

Even at Vet Min,Belichick is not that stupid - Give Belichick credit for getting rid of the bum and give him credit for not being dumb enough to take him back.

Last edited:
Randy Moss,Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson should get together and form a music group called "The Once Great,But Now Totally Washed Up WR Wanting To Waste A Roster Spot Band"

I still can't beleive there are idiots that still want a player who has done squat for the past 2 years other then being a so-called "decoy",but even then,now at this point in his career,most NFL cornerbacks no longer fear Moss as a big threat,Moss gets pushed around 5 yards out from the LOS and he is through with the play like a turtle going back in his shell.

Even at Vet Min,Belichick is not that stupid - Give Belichick credit for getting rid of the bum and give him credit for not being dumb enough to take him back.

This past season was clearly a washout but two years ago was not that bad.
83 Rec, over 1200 yards, and 13 TDs

Now you might be right his skills may have severly declined and last years numbers could be a product of that. Or last years numbers could be a product of him not trying because in his mind he was on a team that didnt want him, then he was on consecutive teams that grabbed him to try and salavage their seasons only to realize the ships were sinking to fast for him to right. In other words he may have just cashed it in last year.

Which then bares the question why would I want a guy who cashes it in. For the answer please read my previous post and recall the 07,08 or even 09 seasons.

This past season was clearly a washout but two years ago was not that bad.
83 Rec, over 1200 yards, and 13 TDs

Now you might be right his skills may have severly declined and last years numbers could be a product of that. Or last years numbers could be a product of him not trying because in his mind he was on a team that didnt want him, then he was on consecutive teams that grabbed him to try and salavage their seasons only to realize the ships were sinking to fast for him to right. In other words he may have just cashed it in last year.

Which then bares the question why would I want a guy who cashes it in. For the answer please read my previous post and recall the 07,08 or even 09 seasons.

I don't think 2009 was ALL that fantastic but we weren't exactly bottom heavy on the depth chart with talent in 09 and we didnt have TEs like we have now to pass the ball to.

It was Welker and Moss as pretty much the only guys Brady found himself passing to most of the time so of course over the period of the season Moss was going to have yardage.

I will stick to my guns and say there is without a doubt a fact that Brady had on more than just a few occasions threw the ball to Moss in heavy traffic just to make Moss happy.

Brady would NEVER have ended the season with just 4 regular season INTs if Moss was there throughout the season,there would have been some forced INTs to make Moss happy
.....Moss can no longer get any seperation from a defender...not only because he no longer has the brilliant speed that he once had, but also because a blind man can see that he no longer really gives a damn about becoming a factor in a game...he is all about the $$$$$$$ now and could care less on how he helps a team to win anymore.

Thats how I see it and thats how I feel..in my opinion

Some feel differently then I do and I respect that eve though I think they are nuts.

Moss is probably a guy that is great off the field and can be your best friend, but on the field I don't want him on my team again.

Last edited:
Pay no more than $1 million for one year and try him out again just like his first year here. Any complaints or screw ups he's gone...i say go for it!

Tragic. cast out of Heaven and into Hell.

Like Randy but think the Pats need to move on from one dimensional aged players. Best wishes for happiness.

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Tate is no Randy Moss. We could use Randy but only if he came back in the team concept.

Last edited:
That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Tate is no Randy Moss. We could use Randy but only if he came back in the team concept.

He can defiantly come back into the team concept. He has seen what life is like outside of the Pats now that he has played with Brady and Bill...i think it could work but they need to get him for dirt cheap

It's over, move on. Bill has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots