PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss Ruined Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was Giselle that ruined him? Before her, he was chasing ***** and championships and winning at both. Now he is contempt because he has rings and the #1 super model locked down....

:bricks:

Lets give Brady a break. He is 36 years old. We have to come to grips with the fact that this is not the same guy that hasn't won a Superbowl in the last ten years.

Imagine how good Brady might have been since 2009 if Moss HADN'T ruined him.

Father Time ruins us all..the rest of the drama is wind in sails.

Actually the opposite is true, he would always look for Welker after Moss left, the slot position still gets the most action with Brady at QB. I think some people over think things when they lose. There's a small margin between losing and winning in the NFL for most games, usually when the Pats lose its 2-3 plays that made the difference. They execute better on those plays and they win, simple as that.

Did we lose the SB? whats the fuss is all about? its the NFL. you lose.

He looks for the home run ( if that is even true) because he can't move the chains consistently with this crew.

That's the way I see it, too. The wing and a prayer long ball is the best opportunity for this offense to score. They are not capable of sustained error-free drives right now. With no tight ends, it's almost imposslble to dink and dunk down the field and, if you make it to the red zone, then what do you do?

That long ball down the right sideline to Dobson was "this" close to being a home run. Perfectly executed. The defender simply made the play to break it up.

Brady hasn't been "ruined" by Randy Moss...that is ridiculous.

As a matter of fact, he went on to have 2 seasons in a row without him at an extremely high level throwing the ball to the open receivers.

36 TD's and 4 INT's is a pretty damn good season, along with the usual 12+ wins that came with having the first round byes 2 yrs in a row when he left.

This notion is completely off-base.

Some people just can't take losses. Its like their brain turns to mush and they come up with the moronic reasons why the Patriots lost.

They lost, plain and simple. Its football, teams lose. Go home.

Pat Patriot ruined Brady when he got arrested for prostitution. I have it on great authority that it was a traumatic experience for Brady when he found out.

Seriously, what the **** are you talking about???

Prior to this season, all we've heard since Moss left is how Brady is a dink-and-dunk QB with no deep threat. Now you're claiming Brady almost always first looks for the home run since Moss left??? Did you just wake up from a 3-year snooze???

**** like this drives me up the wall. Here's Tom Brady's 2006 attempts by distance (pre-Moss) compared to this season, which is admittedly a small sample size, but still shows there's no truth to any of your bizarre thoughts on this subject:

0h22.png

Please go back and delete your OP for being 100% wrong or edit it to warn people to not bother reading it. Thank you.

Prior to Randy Moss, Tom Brady would look first for the quick outs/slants during 2-min situations. That was how he was able to get the team to the AFC championship game with receivers named Reche (sp?) Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney. After playing with Moss, Brady almost always looks for the home-run first. Its not always a bad thing as long as you have the time and the receivers.

I'm not bashing Brady. I love him of course, just as we all do. This is just something I have noticed ever since Moss joined the team. Don't get me wrong, I loved it in '07 with all the deep balls to Moss, it was exciting! I'd love to have that again. However as today showed, and imo many games the past few years, when we seem to be in a do or die situation (thankfully not that many!) brady takes far more shots downfield than he used to prior to Moss. Thats not always bad of course, as long as you have receivers like Randy Moss. However, TB could have easily gotten a 3-6 yard completions and kept trying to get the first instead of the instant TD which imo wasted a down.

I know weather played a huge factor today and even short passes would be difficult to throw/catch, and it is because of that I was a bit curious why TB kept going for the long ball. For those who are going to say I'm screaming the sky is falling, I am not. I'm just making an observation.

Never occurred to you that they were covering the short passes? I haven't found there to be a lack of short passes since Moss left, but i confess I haven't counted.

Did I miss something? Aren't the Patriots 4-1, in first in the AFC East, have given up the second fewest points in the conference, and about to get Gronk back?

Brady took a couple of deep shots and the Bengals played great defense. Too bad the deluge made the last two drives futile for a hurry-up passing game.

Last season the Patriots were 3-2 after five games, got torched by Russell Wilson right about now to drop to 3-3, the pass defense was the worst ever, and yet somehow, the Patriots made it to the AFC Championship game. This is a marathon, gents, not a sprint.

C'mon, Seriously?! Look at his arsenal on offense. You give Brady Denver's receivers and Brady makes P. Manning's numbers look like Eli's. (See 2007)
There was no problem with Brady when his offense was intact. There were no long balls he spread it around with Gronk AHern Welker Lloyd healthy backfield and Speed-Up Hurry-Up Offense that was ran like a well oiled machine.

Look at his numbers last year it's not like he aged or sucked over nite. It's all about whats around him and give him credit for whats around him. We're 4-1 and Brady has to adjust or babysit our offense and deal with injuries in key areas. When our offense is 100% healthy and intact then make observations but as of now we're week to week stayin afloat good to see our "D" is shapin up too.

Seriously, what the **** are you talking about???

Prior to this season, all we've heard since Moss left is how Brady is a dink-and-dunk QB with no deep threat. Now you're claiming Brady almost always first looks for the home run since Moss left??? Did you just wake up from a 3-year snooze???

**** like this drives me up the wall. Here's Tom Brady's 2006 attempts by distance (pre-Moss) compared to this season, which is admittedly a small sample size, but still shows there's no truth to any of your bizarre thoughts on this subject:

0h22.png

Please go back and delete your OP for being 100% wrong or edit it to warn people to not bother reading it. Thank you.

Thank you, I had a rant similar to this raging but you said it better than I would have and you had a chart!

Seriously, ALL I have heard for a few years now is how we NEVER throw the long ball and we're screwed until we do. Now suddenly we do it too much? ANd we're still blaming MOSS?

:bricks:

"2007 ruined the perspective of much of our fan base" would have been a better thread topic.

People Need to understand that Tom Brady is not washed up, over the hill, done, seeing ghosts, slow, weaker arm, or whatever. He is just coming off one of his best seasons and is simply Adjustng to the changes around him. No qb in the NFL lost his entire offense including 4 game changing stars and is still 4-1

Yesterday was just one of those days. Josh McDaniels had a worse day than Brady did. Called a horrible game. You can always tell when Tom is having a bad day. He mopes. Could he have been any slower or less energized on that last drive? He wasn't even remotely in hurry up mode even in the 2 minute offense. It was weird.

Brady's game has diminished in 2 areas. His throwing accuracy just isn't what it used to be and NO it's not always on the receivers. Just look at Brady's playoff stats over the past few years.
And the second thing is Tom just isn't that tough minded guy he used to be. Remember the Tom Brady who literally got in the face of Steeler players?
That guy is gone.
Not sure when that happened but the "edgy Tom Brady", the gritty one of the boys Tom Brady went away a few years ago. Was it the knee injury?? Was is becoming the leader of the silky smooth Greatest Show on Turf??? Is it the Giselle influence??
Not sure.
All I know is a Jet DB called Tom Brady an "a$%h*#" in the media and he goes out and lays an egg in a playoff game. The edgy Tom Brady would have had a response to the Jets and would have taken it out on them on the field. Just doesn't happen these days with TB. Tom simply doesn't have that gritty mental toughness he once did.

Yesterday was just one of those days. Josh McDaniels had a worse day than Brady did. Called a horrible game. You can always tell when Tom is having a bad day. He mopes. Could he have been any slower or less energized on that last drive? He wasn't even remotely in hurry up mode even in the 2 minute offense. It was weird.

Brady's game has diminished in 2 areas. His throwing accuracy just isn't what it used to be and NO it's not always on the receivers. Just look at Brady's playoff stats over the past few years.
And the second thing is Tom just isn't that tough minded guy he used to be. Remember the Tom Brady who literally got in the face of Steeler players?
That guy is gone.
Not sure when that happened but the "edgy Tom Brady", the gritty one of the boys Tom Brady went away a few years ago. Was it the knee injury?? Was is becoming the leader of the silky smooth Greatest Show on Turf??? Is it the Giselle influence??
Not sure.
All I know is a Jet DB called Tom Brady an "a$%h*#" in the media and he goes out and lays an egg in a playoff game. The edgy Tom Brady would have had a response to the Jets and would have taken it out on them on the field. Just doesn't happen these days with TB. Tom simply doesn't have that gritty mental toughness he once did.

What you mean all of those times we ran it into the line on 2nd and 10 weren't a good idea?

The best I've ever seen Tom Brady was 2012-2013, long after Randy Moss.

The worst I've ever seen him since 2002-2003, has been this year. 2006 he had a lot of tough games as well.

CBS put up a stat that the Patriots have not been held to 6 points since the 1990s yesterday. Uh, they were blanked 21-0 by Miami half a decade ago. Brady looked really bad in that game.

I doubt Brady has lost it in one year. Last year he had better command of the offense (when Gronk was healthy) than I'd ever seen him have. In the games against Houston in particular, he looked incredible. As he did in the first game against the Ravens.

hmm does, moore, colston, meachum, sproles, thomas, graham, ruin Brees ?

Brady made Moss, not the other way around

It was a pairing of two of the greatest of all time at their respective positions. Neither made the other.

Brady hasn't thrown many great deep balls this year, though, but it's still early. He didn't look great through 6 games last year and came out as a top-3 passer.

The best I've ever seen Tom Brady was 2012-2013, long after Randy Moss.

The worst I've ever seen him since 2002-2003, has been this year. 2006 he had a lot of tough games as well.

CBS put up a stat that the Patriots have not been held to 6 points since the 1990s yesterday. Uh, they were blanked 21-0 by Miami half a decade ago. Brady looked really bad in that game.

I doubt Brady has lost it in one year. Last year he had better command of the offense (when Gronk was healthy) than I'd ever seen him have. In the games against Houston in particular, he looked incredible. As he did in the first game against the Ravens.

Yeah I thought that was weird, we also lost 31-0 to Buffalo in 2003.

Graphic should have read "First time held to 6 points or less without the other team knowing Brady's line calls since week 1 2003 @ Buffalo."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back