PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss' right foot didn't matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godef

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
On the game tying TD at the end of regulation: Randy Moss left foot AND HIS LEFT KNEE touched in bounds, so if I understand the rules, this in itself would have constituted a completed pass, regardless of whether he had gotten his right foot down. Can anyone clarify this for me? I tried a little research but, for lack of an official rulebook, I get getting stumped at "two feet inbounds".

From my understanding, it is two touches. Foot, knee. Foot, Elbow, Elbow, Knee. I don't think it matters if it's all on one side.

FYI, this post don't matter: who cares.

I believe his left knee landed out of bounds.

What i liked, was the refs had the balls to call Vrabel for holding but let Law bear hug Moss for about 5 seconds in the end zone!

What i liked, was the refs had the balls to call Vrabel for holding but let Law bear hug Moss for about 5 seconds in the end zone!

i wasnt the only one who saw that was i?

if thats not holding or PI i dont really know what it is...

none of the guys mentioned it though, did they?

From my understanding, it is two touches. Foot, knee. Foot, Elbow, Elbow, Knee. I don't think it matters if it's all on one side.

Your understanding is wrong, unless it's been changed recently. One knee == two feet, for quite a while now.

On the game tying TD at the end of regulation: Randy Moss left foot AND HIS LEFT KNEE touched in bounds, so if I understand the rules, this in itself would have constituted a completed pass, regardless of whether he had gotten his right foot down. Can anyone clarify this for me? I tried a little research but, for lack of an official rulebook, I get getting stumped at "two feet inbounds".

Moss' right foot was in bounds and down when he caught the ball. Then it came up. And his left knee touched OOBs. You have to go in order of events.

F*cking joke. No other way to describe those two plays as a pair.

That is actually a pretty infuriating observation

thats because the nfl is in love with Brett Favre, you get it? They do anything for "the hero" to make him look good. Think about it all, the hype of "the hero" on the tv adds and stuff, and the game would have probably been lost after they were held to a field goal...oh wait, FAKE hoding call in Vrabel, Hero gets another chance. They got their wish, 100 percent of the way, The "hero" drove down in overtime and set up a game winner. Well guess what nfl, jets fans and whoever else wants to run their mouth about this win, the pats are not "heros" who needs stupid calls to win them games, they are champions, true champions who are NEVER out of a game, and who fight back, crawl and scrape their way from the bottom, and dont go down untill that last whistle is blown. Keep your hero, I'll take my champions, the New England Patriots.

Last edited:
i wasnt the only one who saw that was i?

if thats not holding or PI i dont really know what it is...

none of the guys mentioned it though, did they?

Yeah, but these refs wouldn't influence the game by calling a ticky tack foul like that at a critical juncture..... Nawwww....

To be precise, the rulebook (PM me and I can give you the URL) states:

Article 6 A player is inbounds when he first touches both feet or any other part of his body, other than his hands, to the ground within the boundary lines.

In other words, anything other than a hand or foot (e.g., a knee, one's posterior) counts the same as two feet.

Last edited:
To be precise, the rulebook (PM me and I can give you the URL) states:

In other words, anything other than a hand or foot (e.g., a knee, one's posterior) counts the same as two feet.

Exactly - you can land on your ass and it's obviously a catch.

Not relevant. He caught the ball with both feet down.

Not relevant. He caught the ball with both feet down.

Actually, it wasn't 100% clear that he did.

OTOH, his knee did come down in bounds--as this picture clearly shows.

Actually, it wasn't 100% clear that he did.

OTOH, his knee did come down in bounds--as this picture clearly shows.

I see your picture and raise you this one:

rj1t2m2fwg6tg2ftdwk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots