PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why this thread was made.

We got our arses whooped on all sides...offense, defense, and special team.

And here some of you are *****in about Moss who was rarely looked at by Brady...the OC never called a deep pass play once...settling for draw plays to Faulk and short passes to the slot and TE...pathetic!

Well ... if you took the time to read the 1st post it is quite obvious.

I was questioning the overall durability of Randy Moss going forward ... he has lots of miles on him.

We need another WR or may be 2 next year but UNLESS Brady gets time to throw it will not matter.
The OL needs some new blood!

We need another member of the OL and some decisions need to be made as to who needs to go. I think Vollmer starting over Kaczur today says that he is most likely will be gone. We definitely do need a new face on that OL.

We definitely need atleast 1 new WR. Next year we have Moss and our 1 and Edelman as our 2. Welker definitely wont be available till atleast Oct. Tate is the question mark, if BB and staff believe he will be an impact we just need to get 1 WR, if Tate's impact is questioned we need to think about getting a second WR

it's obvious. Randy Moss quits when he thinks his team has no chance. When Welker went down, Randy Moss quit. the season was over as far as he was concerned. he pulled the same stuff in Oakland and Minnesota.
I am not a Moss fan but even I admired him for his effort today. Quit? Dude was hurting and selling out for the Pats. If he was ineffective it's because he was hurt. And if that's the best he could do due to his injuries it's up to the coaching staff to get him out of there. I ask you though, who esle do you put in?

Does Randy have a degenerative condition in those knees?

So i'm assuming you are the team doctor?

If not then its blatantly obvious that you are just stiring things up since this lost had nothing to do with what Moss did or did not do...

Moss caught everything that was thrown to him in the game...what more can he do?

Last edited:
Well ... if you took the time to read the 1st post it is quite obvious.

I was questioning the overall durability of Randy Moss going forward ... he has lots of miles on him.

He seemed durable enough to lead the league in receiving TDs. He seemed pretty durable dragging 2 and 3 defenders all season so Welker could be free to make catches. Rest assured little one, you can scratch Moss off your list of worries for this team.

I do not have an agenda - Moss has been a warrior and a professional since coming to New England. At the same time, he physically may not be quite right. His career may be in it's twilight.

Once again an attack on Randy Moss from Mo Lewis Rocks. I guess leading the league in receiving TD's is nothing...

For the rest of the world that doesn't have an agenda, Randy Moss is an excellent WR (see the Yahoo! article from this week).

This team has paid more attention to involving Moss and keeping Moss engaged than winning football games.

Brady has been dragging Moss along on his rebuilt knee all season. They worry more about losing him than losing games. It's sad, and it's not the way this team was built when it won.

Moss has looked stiff all season, for whatever reason, and he just doesn't bring enough to the table to justify their reliance on him. Reminds me of when Harrison was just taking up space in Indy. Time to move on. Don't waste another season trying to make it work. It won't. 2007 it was worth a shot but it didn't work then, either. They need to spend their resources on the future and give Brady a shot at building rapore with a new generation of weapons. He and Wes and even Edleman seemed to be able to figure out ways to make plays. So did he and Branch and Givens.

Randy was an adventure early on, but now he's become almost a stubborn, obcession that doesn't pay dividends against the kind of teams we need to beat. In 2007 he had 7 catches for 94 yards and 1 TD in the entire playoffs. This season...he caught a couple of passes when it was too late, committed a costly penalty when they still had a chance, forget scoring. They tried to involve him in crossing routes but he was just too slow to. Give me a team full of overachievers to rarefied talent any day.

Brady's still talking about mental toughness and committment to each other as part of his farewell address to this season. It was a recurring theme all season...The need to practice better consistently, the need to execute consistency for stretches longer than a quarter or a half or a game. They never had a winning streak this season. That's because they were inconsistent. They need more guys playing for their lives, not for a cherry on the sundae that was their career.

I blame the last two years on the antichrist that is Bernard Pollard:mad:

Anyway the Patriots could trade for or sign in FA Bernard Pollard, and as soon as he gets his jersey and locker issued, have someone give him a papercut to put him on IR so he can not hurt anyone in the lockerroom or during practice?

This team has paid more attention to involving Moss and keeping Moss engaged than winning football games.

Brady has been dragging Moss along on his rebuilt knee all season. They worry more about losing him than losing games. It's sad, and it's not the way this team was built when it won.

Moss has looked stiff all season, for whatever reason, and he just doesn't bring enough to the table to justify their reliance on him. Reminds me of when Harrison was just taking up space in Indy. Time to move on. Don't waste another season trying to make it work. It won't. 2007 it was worth a shot but it didn't work then, either. They need to spend their resources on the future and give Brady a shot at building rapore with a new generation of weapons. He and Wes and even Edleman seemed to be able to figure out ways to make plays. So did he and Branch and Givens.

Randy was an adventure early on, but now he's become almost a stubborn, obcession that doesn't pay dividends against the kind of teams we need to beat. In 2007 he had 7 catches for 94 yards and 1 TD in the entire playoffs. This season...he caught a couple of passes when it was too late, committed a costly penalty when they still had a chance, forget scoring. They tried to involve him in crossing routes but he was just too slow to. Give me a team full of overachievers to rarefied talent any day.

Brady's still talking about mental toughness and committment to each other as part of his farewell address to this season. It was a recurring theme all season...The need to practice better consistently, the need to execute consistency for stretches longer than a quarter or a half or a game. They never had a winning streak this season. That's because they were inconsistent. They need more guys playing for their lives, not for a cherry on the sundae that was their career.

Well it's obvious that you simply have a blind biased towards Randy Moss. You dislike him and it effects your judgement and logic. None of this post contains any truth or sense in it. I'm glad that BB runs the team and knows otherwise.

Well it's obvious that you simply have a blind biased towards Randy Moss. You dislike him and it effects your judgement and logic. None of this post contains any truth or sense in it. I'm glad that BB runs the team and knows otherwise.

MoLewisrocks has been a Moss hater since Moss first joined the team...LOL

And put a lot of the faults from this season on Bill Belichick... Brady might not be playing with any hunger, but I don't think Bill is coaching with any hunger either.

oh comeon. they sucked tody but brady is playing with injurues and if you see the pats all access shows he is as fired aup as anyone. i hate this crap about hunger and swagger. How about "they are just not a good team" ?

We need another WR or may be 2 next year but UNLESS Brady gets time to throw it will not matter.
The OL needs some new blood!

right now they miss josh mcdaniels big time in the creativity department.

right now they miss josh mcdaniels big time in the creativity department.

Before we get any new players in here we need a new OC, then we can worry about what players we want to bring in.

Brady played like Sanchez, last time they met. 3 interceptions by Brady is pathetic. The interception where he threw away, right in the middle of the field is inexcusable. This is the 2nd time that he did this and was picked off.

This throws were high, or wobble-ing.

But, he was a part of the big problem the Patriots have against above-average teams. Game plan was, if you stop the run, you have a good chance to beat the Ravens. Ravens ran tire-treads over the DL of the Patriots.

Then, there is Moss. Big baby, where he loses motivation if he cannot get open. Aiken is NOT a #2 or #3 or #4 receiver. Andleman played with heart.

OL was bad. Neal got burned plenty of times.

There are plenty of BIG problems on the Patriots.

- get a strong DL to stop the run & pass rush.
- get a better Defensive coordinator.
- get a better Offensive coordinator.
- get 2 good WR's. #1/#2 type, and #3 type.
- get a TE.

Why is it acceptable that Moss runs his routes at 75% effort? When Brady needed him the most today he just seemed to go through the motions. Is it because he's double teamed that just stops caring?

Why is it acceptable that Moss runs his routes at 75% effort? When Brady needed him the most today he just seemed to go through the motions. Is it because he's double teamed that just stops caring?

Moss played today like he played every game this season with the exception of the Carolina game. Moss cares about the team just as much as everyone else. Why do you think he was out there on the final possession when they were down by 19 with 2 minutes left? Someone who didnt care would have definitely not have been out there for that possession.

Just because Moss didnt make many catches today doesnt mean that he didnt give 100% effort. There was proof in the Carolina game that he wasnt giving 100% effort, today there were no indications that he wasnt. The TV cameras dont follow him on every play so you cannot really say about him not giving his best effort. He was blocking hard on running plays, something you cannot say he did in the Carolina game.

People think that just because Moss doesnt get the ball or get thrown to that he isnt giving his best effort. The Ravens whole secondary was devoted to shutting down Randy Moss, they consistently had 2 and 3 guys on him. When they switched to prevent and having single coverage on Moss, Brady went to Moss a lot on those 8 yard comeback routes.

To criticize Moss for his effort just because he doesnt make catches is completely unacceptable and not fair. These people are not looking at the big picture and realizing what is actually taking place on the field.

Brady was forcing the ball to AIKEN today? If he is going to force the ball he should force it to Moss or Edelman. On the first play Moss could have had an 80 yard TD if Brady would have stepped up in the HUGe pocket but instead Brady got stripped.

No targets for the entire first half? When they started playing off of Randy Moss, a WR screen would have done wonders.. Terrible playcalling / execution all around.

Brady played like Sanchez, last time they met. 3 interceptions by Brady is pathetic. The interception where he threw away, right in the middle of the field is inexcusable. This is the 2nd time that he did this and was picked off.

This throws were high, or wobble-ing.

But, he was a part of the big problem the Patriots have against above-average teams. Game plan was, if you stop the run, you have a good chance to beat the Ravens. Ravens ran tire-treads over the DL of the Patriots.

Then, there is Moss. Big baby, where he loses motivation if he cannot get open. Aiken is NOT a #2 or #3 or #4 receiver. Andleman played with heart.

OL was bad. Neal got burned plenty of times.

There are plenty of BIG problems on the Patriots.

- get a strong DL to stop the run & pass rush.
- get a better Defensive coordinator.
- get a better Offensive coordinator.
- get 2 good WR's. #1/#2 type, and #3 type.
- get a TE.

only one pick was really badm the other two were tipped. he is not exactly the first player to get picked by ed reed.

The fact Clay Aiken has a spot on this roster is emblematic of what type of season it has been.

The FA signings at WR, which consisted of Greg Lewis and Joey Galloway, netted absolutely nothing....literally.

They need a No. 2-3 WR....NOW....there's no time to hope Brandon Tate can shake off a second major knee injury (in the last 20 months) and come back and contribute. Not ready to write the kid off, but after Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, PK Sam, etc. there's really no reason to be optimistic about their ability to draft WRs who can stay healthy or learn the system.

Hell the ONE decent WR (Edelman) they have drafted post Givens/Branch was a friggin quarterback in college.

Gotta spend money/picks at the position like they did after 2006.

only one pick was really badm the other two were tipped. he is not exactly the first player to get picked by ed reed.

Ohter 2 picks were in double-coverage. The old-Brady would not even attempt these throws.

Only thing I can think of is that finger problem is messing up his mechanics..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back