Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Randy Moss had no speed today.

Randy Moss had ice on both knees this week.

Does Randy have a degenerative condition in those knees?

That's a serious problem going forward ... our #1 and #2 gone for 2010.

Is anyone else thinking this?

I'm thinking this had nothing to do with the pats problems today.......they could have had welker and the result would have been the same

poor coaching preparation.....poor player preparation.....the franchise player looked like the village idiot

the real ironies here is that for the most of the game, the only guy playing halfway decent was a grier pick (faulk), and the guys who were bashed over the course of the season (thomas, moss, burgess) were not the reasons this team lost

the biggest problem with the pats is that they have become a finesse team that can't execute

On many plays Tom wasn't even looking Randy's way.. Instead deciding to force it into double coverage to "talents" such as Aiken and Slater...
I don't know if blaming Moss on this performance is warranted...

Didn't like the look of moss in and out of cuts but he is more of a streak wr anyway.

Though he knees do concern me.

I missed it, but I was told that Randy Moss stormed off the field or was very upset, anything to that?

The only thing I come out of this season knowing about Moss is he can still be a good WR. Great ? I don't know. Piece of crap ? I don't know. But Good, I do know.

I have hope for Tate. And Welker. I like Edelman. We need a real #2 WR though. Badly.

I'm thinking this had nothing to do with the pats problems today.......they could have had welker and the result would have been the same

poor coaching preparation.....poor player preparation.....the franchise player looked like the village idiot

the real ironies here is that for the most of the game, the only guy playing halfway decent was a grier pick (faulk), and the guys who were bashed over the course of the season (thomas, moss, burgess) were not the reasons this team lost

the biggest problem with the pats is that they have become a finesse team that can't execute

Agree in every aspect with what you are saying.

Too predictable with Wes Welker, now Julian Edelman. And if that option wasn't there, the offensive line has to protect long enough to open up the deep option. Watson is useless in creating mismatches given his athletic ability and all other WR options are pathetic at this point in their career.

And put a lot of the faults from this season on Bill Belichick... Brady might not be playing with any hunger, but I don't think Bill is coaching with any hunger either.

Moss is toast. Extending him was a mistake because the blueprint works and in fact the more time teams have to work on theirs the better they refine it. Needed to spend the money and focus on the LOS, particularly that OL.

Listening to Zolak blaming the OC makes me laugh. This was the same game we played against the Giants two years ago and with more weapons Josh didn't have an answer then either because it wasn't a playcalling issue then, either.

Moss is toast. Extending him was a mistake because the blueprint works and in fact the more time teams have to work on theirs the better they refine it. Needed to spend the money and focus on the LOS, particularly that OL.

Listening to Zolak blaming the OC makes me laugh. This was the same game we played against the Giants two years ago and with more weapons Josh didn't have an answer then either because it wasn't a playcalling issue then, either.

Yup. It's not the playcalling it's the complete lack of solid young core. We have periphery guys that are quality but who are the up and coming foundation players for the next 5 years? It's a rhetorical question. We know the answer looking at the recent BB drafts.

not the playcalling? the pats have gotten more out of weaker WR groups than they had at this game. a lack of an offensive coordinator became obvious a long time ago.

The only thing I come out of this season knowing about Moss is he can still be a good WR. Great ? I don't know. Piece of crap ? I don't know. But Good, I do know.

I have hope for Tate. And Welker. I like Edelman. We need a real #2 WR though. Badly.

Good doesn't begin to command the focus and resources he ties up. They need to move on. And because of the lesson the league learned in the process of watching the Randy Moss Experiment crash and burn, they need a lot better OL going forward no matter who the targets are. The need that as well to get back to their roots as a balanced team who can run the ball when it needs to. That's a mindset and I think trying to keep one WR engaged is just to distracting when you have more to worry about than some guys bruised ego.

Oh come on Mo, this isn't on Moss. It's mainly on the OL, for putting us in a terrible situation early on. The OL was mainly responsible for 17 1st quarter points.

Moss obviously is hurt and needs to heal up (he was seen limping in the locker room on Thursday). Without Welker we had pretty much no one else, and give a 24 point early deficit and the hole was dug too deep.

Last edited:
Good doesn't begin to command the focus and resources he ties up. They need to move on. And because of the lesson the league learned in the process of watching the Randy Moss Experiment crash and burn, they need a lot better OL going forward no matter who the targets are. The need that as well to get back to their roots as a balanced team who can run the ball when it needs to. That's a mindset and I think trying to keep one WR engaged is just to distracting when you have more to worry about than some guys bruised ego.

Your vendetta against Moss needs to stop. He's not going anywhere, nor should he. You wouldn't be dogging on Welker for having a bad game if Moss was out and Welker was hurting.

Good doesn't begin to command the focus and resources he ties up.
Without Moss, we start next season with Edelman and Tate as our top WR. Good luck with that.

Randy Moss is the least of our problems. Without Randy Moss, Wes Welker doesnt have the kind of year that he had. The problem is the lack of depth at the WR position. When Sam Aiken is your 3rd WR something is wrong, he is nothing more than a special teams player. Edelman showed that he has the heart of a lion today and can be a solid slot guy in the league. The big question mark is Tate and what BB thinks he can get out of him. In the off season they definitely need to go out and get another WR, specifically someone that can make plays down the field. If they think that Tate wont be an impact player they need to go out and get 2 WR's.

Thought Moss showed a lot of hustle even though he was clearly injured. Got open to but Brady either didn't see him or didn't have time to see him.

He remains one of the keys to us being successful in the future, but we need to get the ball to him for him to be a factor - which is just like any receiver.

Randy Moss had no speed today.

Randy Moss had ice on both knees this week.

Does Randy have a degenerative condition in those knees?

That's a serious problem going forward ... our #1 and #2 gone for 2010.

Is anyone else thinking this?

it's obvious. Randy Moss quits when he thinks his team has no chance. When Welker went down, Randy Moss quit. the season was over as far as he was concerned. he pulled the same stuff in Oakland and Minnesota.

Randy Moss is the least of our problems. Without Randy Moss, Wes Welker doesnt have the kind of year that he had. The problem is the lack of depth at the WR position. When Sam Aiken is your 3rd WR something is wrong, he is nothing more than a special teams player. Edelman showed that he has the heart of a lion today and can be a solid slot guy in the league. The big question mark is Tate and what BB thinks he can get out of him. In the off season they definitely need to go out and get another WR, specifically someone that can make plays down the field. If they think that Tate wont be an impact player they need to go out and get 2 WR's.

Yup, and I have to wonder if they need to re-evaluate their scouting abilties in the offensive skill position. Moss and Welker were trades, but we can't seem to get any drafted players to contribute aside from Maroney but he hasn't done a whole lot.

With a good wide receiver on the other side to keep the safeties honest Moss is fantastic (see the years with Chris Carter or Dante Stallworth). If there is no one on the other side teams can play physical and roll a safety to his side all day.

Also, he's slowing down. He's not the same player he was in 2007 and never will be. But he can be really good if they get a legit number 2 receiver (Welker is a slot receiver).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots