PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss is a dog-faker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Randy blows a block and its a big issue. Its a sign of who he is.
Welker misses a block an no one notices. And yes, Welker is a good blocker, but he still misses plenty of them.

Moss misses blocks out of a lack of effort.
His half-hearted attempt yesterday caused a drive to stall on 3rd down and forced a punt.
His lack of effort on the INT by Brady was also recorded for all to see.
In fact Moss rarely if ever goes after the DB's in an attempt to break up an INT in progress.
Randy is very talented.
Randy is very lazy on the field and will not fight for anything except the occasional jumpball.
No one in NFL circles has ever put the word "winner" next to his name and his game. Why is that?
I don't blame Randy Moss. He is what he is and has always been.
I blame Brady for turning a highly talented yet soft and lazy player into his personal binky.
It's killed this team more than once this year.

Last edited:
I agree that Moss's best days are past - Every once in a while he makes a big play to win a game but he is more invisible than a factor anymore,This could be the Randy of the Raider days coming back and if this is the case,we don't need him anymore next year.

Teams have taken him out of ballgames but the Randy of EARLY 2007 found a way to make plays...the Randy of 2009 is not very good and is not helping the offense.

If the team knows its OL is not all pro caliber and can't give Brady the time to make long passes then why doesn't a WR like Randy come back towards the LOS and try to comeback to the QB on shorter catches?

Last edited:
This board is really something when the Pats lose a game. Lose two and the pitchforks and torches come out. Athletes and coaches we've long admired should be cut or fired. The team is worthless, doesn't know how to win, makes rudimentary errors that no other nfl team makes. Brady and Moss suck and BB has clearly gone senile.

Might as well stop watching now rather than continuing to let this team insult your intelligence.

I don't post much, but I do read this board everyday it does get annoying to read all the player/coach bashing after a TEAM loss but I guess that is venting isn't it :)

It is kind of funny to think how SOME will change their tunes if the TEAM does well from here on out.

Moss misses blocks out of a lack of effort. His half-hearted attempt yesterday caused a drive to stall on 3rd down and forced a punt.

How are you deciding what is half hearted and what isn't.

I saw Moss miss that block. I think its because hes not a great blocker.

Teams have taken him out of ballgames but the Randy of EARLY 2007 found a way to make plays...the Randy of 2009 is not very good.

He leads the league in Receiving yards. They can't be taking him out of too many games.

rofl, this thread is one of the most predictable ever to come onto this forum. Even back in 2007, we always knew that as soon as we lost a couple games, suddenly a couple MENSA candidates would take up the "It's Randy's fault!" banner.

Oh please, these stats you cite are irrelevant. This offense has scored 0, 0, 10, 7 and 7 in the 2nd half of their 5 losses and Brady has thrown critical game changing/mo changing picks against Indy, the Saints and the Dolphins when forcing the ball to his binkyness.
We do not need Brady keying in on Moss even more than he is now because it's a huge problem now and it's causing TO's.
What this offense needs is BALANCE.
Use Aiken, use Watson, use screens, pound the ball with Morris and Maroney....etc.
We saw that balance in the 1st quarter (Phil Simms commented that when the Pats spread the ball around and run their offense over center "they're as good as anyone in the league") when they scored on their 2 possessions and only allowed the Dolphins to touch the ball ONCE in that quarter. Unfortunately the Patriots O slowly reverted back to their anemic bad habits, i.e. Brady in shotgun, Brady looking at Moss and Welker, Maroney doesn't play, no Faulk screens, no Watson period, can't get critcal yards to eat up the clock...etc
Btw if any of you saw the Cardinals play last night then you saw what an elite hard working will run through walls to get open receiver looks like. Randy Moss is not in the same league as elite receivers like Larry Fitzgerald.
Moss is a feminine glider who doesn't extend himself to block or break up interceptions. Fitzgerald is a football player.
I'd be very happy if the Patriots traded Moss in the off-season. He has become a major distraction to this QB. The absence of Moss will refocus Brady on all his offensive tools. They'll be much less sexy and less explosive but they'll actually be able to score in the red zone and will win the types of games they're losing now.
And dont forgot th colts game as well 3 games that changed momentum because of Brady forcing throws to Moss causing TO's

Moss misses blocks out of a lack of effort. His half-hearted attempt yesterday caused a drive to stall on 3rd down and forced a punt.
His lack of effort on the INT by Brady was also recorded for all to see.
In fact Moss rarely if ever goes after the DB's in an attempt to break up an INT in progress.
Randy is very talented. Randy is very lazy on the field and will not fight for anything except the occasional jumpball.
No one in NFL circles has ever put the word "winner" next to his name and his game. Why is that?
I don't blame Randy Moss. He is what he is and has always been.
I blame Brady for turning a highly talented yet soft and lazy player into his personal binky.
It's killed this team more than once this year.

I can't accept that you have actually watched Randy play or have any idea what you are talking about. Randy is GREAT at breaking up possible INTs and he has been his entire career. For someone who sees a lot of jump balls thrown his way into double coverage, the defense doesn't come down with very many INTs. The INT Brady through in the Redzone was just a terrible decision. Moss was double covered and there was no window, Brady threw it right at the DB. Moss fought for the ball and tried to break up the DBs hands, but he was on the ground instantly after catching it. What was Randy supposed to do, fight him on the ground? Will the ball into his hands?

Some of the anti-Moss stuff you guys come up with is ridiculous.

rofl, this thread is one of the most predictable ever to come onto this forum. Even back in 2007, we always knew that as soon as we lost a couple games, suddenly a couple MENSA candidates would take up the "It's Randy's fault!" banner.

These are the same people that blame the Red Sox not winning the World Series on JD Drew because he "just doesn't care!", and completely ignoring all other deficiencies on the team. This market has really become more predictable than the Patriots offensive playcalling.

And dont forgot th colts game as well 3 games that changed momentum because of Brady forcing throws to Moss causing TO's

Brady threw picks in the 2nd half of that game because he was UNDER PRESSURE and was forced to throw the ball before he wanted to and to a receiver that wasn't really open. It worked in the first half because Brady had time.

Ah yes now we have the predictable "they're blaming our Randy for everything". :D Hardly!!
I do love it when you guys roll out the stats. They're so meaningful aren't they??
Do tell us about Randy's impact in the 2nd half of the 5 losses when this offense scored 0, 0, 10, 7 and 7 points.

A dog-faker? You, sir, are a fargin icehole.

Ah yes now we have the predictable "they're blaming our Randy for everything". :D Hardly!!
I do love it when you guys roll out the stats. They're so meaningful aren't they??
Do tell us about Randy's impact in the 2nd half of the 5 losses when this offense scored 0, 0, 10, 7 and 7 points.

See, this is where you use stats to YOUR advantage. You're one of those cherry pickers aren't you? The Patriots as a whole scored 0, 0, 10, 7 and 7 points in 2nd half of their losses. Blaming 1 guy out of 11 on the field at the time seems disingenuous, and you just seem like you have an axe to grind against the guy. Seriously, what is your agenda?

I may have to sue LensCrafters.

On that int in the end zone,there is no way Moss could have broken that up, It was a poor choice by Tom and a poorer throw.He threw the ball way low for a fade and Randy did not have a chance to break it up.

I did see someone wide open just over the goal line. It was either Aikens or Watson. I could not read the entire #.

If this thread is triggered by that play, then that one was all on Tom.

Boy, my ignore list is sure filling up fast.

This thread is silly.

Moss is our most dominant offensive weapon and tilts the offensive side like no other in the NFL. Just him being out there gives us an edge.

I may have to sue LensCrafters.

On that int in the end zone,there is no way Moss could have broken that up, It was a poor choice by Tom and a poorer throw.He threw the ball way low for a fade and Randy did not have a chance to break it up.

I did see someone wide open just over the goal line. It was either Aikens or Watson. I could not read the entire #.

If this thread is triggered by that play, then that one was all on Tom.

Bingo, we have bingo. Blaming Randy Moss for Brady's interceptions is like blaming the defensive coordinator for not being able to generate a consistent pass rush with a below average front 7, which of course we would never do.

This thread is silly.

Moss is our most dominant offensive weapon and tilts the offensive side like no other in the NFL. Just him being out there gives us an edge.

Absolutely. He may reach a point where he gets to be a bit slower and not as quick, but the man is a force. Just need to pick the spots and set up the playcalling a little better so that the element of the unexpected is an advantage.

Moss is not the only reason why this team is having problems but he certainly has been a non factor in the games against the better teams.

I still think Moss has seen better days - Our main weapon these days is Welker but then again how good would Welker be without Moss out there?..no one knows because Welker has NEVER played a game in NE without being opposite Randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back