Not open for further replies.

makoute

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is he injured?

Re: Randy Moss

He looked really shaken up at the end there

Randy needs the bye week, bad. my homie is hurtin'.

Last edited:

Seemed happy enough at the end, limping a bit like but didn't look like anything a bit of rest wouldn't take care of anyways.

I love randy but he's a Pus5y. You see him just drop to the ground after he caught that ball in the 1st quarter? Could have gotten that 1st down too. He needs to be a man and fight for YAC and not go down like a feather

Last edited:

I don't think he got "injured" but he took a couple of hits and they took a toll. Hopefully two weeks off will take care of the hurts. He was favoring his right arm or wrist after the first hit but he went back in after a play. After the second hit I think they just decided it was beyond time to get him out of there.

I love randy but he's a Pus5y. You see him just drop to the ground after he caught that ball in the 1st quarter? Could have gotten that 1st down too. He needs to be a man and fight for YAC and not go down like a feather

He'd probably get broken in half doing that.

Early on, after he caught a short pass over the middle he got popped good and went out and appeared to have injured his left hand. He was trying to undo his helmet snaps using his right hand only. After that, I noticed he kept that arm low and did not raise it. Hopefully the week off is all he needs.

His feelings were hurt when AD snubbed him.

Randy is a warrior. I fully expect him to be back after the bye. But yeah, he was shaken up.

Id rather see him drop to the ground and stay healthy in the easy win then see him fighting for yards against a young team that may tackle him awkwardly or go head down on him and then he gets injured....... we have yac guys like welker for a reason!

this is why he has around for awhile

Not necessary.
Guys like Branch, Welker (only sometimes) and Moss often dodge the big hit. Reason being that they are then able to make the NEXT big play rather than being injured. Moss' physique is rather slim. Not everyone can be a totally ripped stud like myself.

Not necessary.
Guys like Branch, Welker (only sometimes) and Moss often dodge the big hit. Reason being that they are then able to make the NEXT big play rather than being injured. Moss' physique is rather slim. Not everyone can be a totally ripped stud like myself.

you go bro

If you drop to the ground after every catch and consistently get over 1300 yards a season and remain healthy for the year then by all means do so.

I've been concerned with Randy this season and last season. He's been making some tough catches over the middle and in traffic, which I applaud him for, but I think it might be taking it's toll on him really quickly. It seems like he's been playing hurt all year and I think it may be hurting his deep ball production (with the exception from last week against a horrendous secondary). He took a nasty helmet to helmet shot last week (which I can't believe there was no penalty/fine for) which only concerns me further.

Are all these shots catching up with him? Will he be able to be fully productive for the rest of the year and there when we need him most in the playoffs?

Let's cut him some slack. He has been playing with a sore back.

It's always hard to tell if someone is using sarcasm on a message board, so just in case......

I think RM knows that every single opposing defensive player is ready to just lay into him any time he touches the ball. I also would not be surprised if TB and BB have both told him that he is has more value being ON the field for a full game instead of getting injured trying to get a few more YAC's.

So, personally I have no problem with Randy making a catch and then relying on his judgement to decide whether he should turn up field for more or just preserve himself and get down before taking a hard hit.

The dude knows waaaay too much about football for someone to just decide he's a Pus5y for playing smart.

We've seen BB bench guys who aren't performing, Randy has never been one of them.

Well with Welker back he won't have to go over the middle as much anymore. The bye will help as well

If you drop to the ground after every catch and consistently get over 1300 yards a season and remain healthy for the year then by all means do so.

I've been concerned with Randy this season and last season. He's been making some tough catches over the middle and in traffic, which I applaud him for, but I think it might be taking it's toll on him really quickly. It seems like he's been playing hurt all year and I think it may be hurting his deep ball production (with the exception from last week against a horrendous secondary). He took a nasty helmet to helmet shot last week (which I can't believe there was no penalty/fine for) which only concerns me further.

Are all these shots catching up with him? Will he be able to be fully productive for the rest of the year and there when we need him most in the playoffs?

Bravo.

He has nothing more to prove. Let's get the most out of him, he's not a youngun. We have plenty of TEs, Welker, Aiken, Faulk etc. to run those routes. Let Randy be Randy and run free. Crazy to have him catch 8 yard passes and get hit by 3 guys, what's the point?

Occasional play action off a decent run game helps too.

I don't mind Moss saving his body after the catch is made. He's not as fast as he once was, and knows how tough it is to play a full season + playoffs.

I do wish he'd go up for more balls when the coverage is tight, instead of hoping everything drops in his breadbasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back