PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss: Did he run block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you do that on every other player, you're ok.

If you only do that on Moss, you're an idiot!:rolleyes:

Coming from the king of idiots...

Keep on talking. You make yourself look more stupid with every post.

Anyone can break the game down to the X's & O's especially those of us who have played & coached the game. But let us not confuse them with guys who have never played the game and have learned much of what they know by playing madden & fantasy games.

Let's get this straight, the word FAN is derived from the word FANATIC OR FANATICAL. Which means a real fan is based more upon EMOTION than upon geek statistics. We are dedicated and loyal to our team regardless of statistics and we are EMOTIONAL about our team.

Anything less are just PRETENDERS!

Sorry, but you aren't a fan. Your an arsehole. And, in all honesty, I don't believe for a second that you have played or even coached.

YOU are the pretender. And your insistence on insulting people because your a fool who doesn't understand the game shows that you are the pretender.

As long as we distinguish the difference between the fake fans who are ONLY interested in stats, Madden & Fantasy football & the real fans.

Fan sites are mainly for fans excited about their team. It' not a place for fantasy geeks to meet for tea & crumpets. Madden and fantasy football are ruining what being a fan is truly supposed to be.

Who are you to say that people who play Madden and Fantasy football aren't real fans? Your a friggin NOBODY. YOU aren't a real fan. Real fans don't sh!t on other people just for asking a simple LEGITIMATE question.

I don't play Madden. Yes, I play fantasty football. I've also played football. Fantasy football is something I do for fun because its a strategy game.

As for learning about the game, I've learned a tremendous amount about the game from FAN SITES. More than I did from playing the game because I chose to play hockey through High School instead of football.

I've been rooting for the Pats since 1982. I remember Grogan, Tippett, Lippett, Morgan, Hannah, etc... I've been a fan through the lean years of the late 80's early 90s. And I continue to be a fan now.

I guess you misread my comment regarding that moss' job is 90% catching the ball. I said NOTHING about how often we ran it.

I did find the question iteresting to comment upon as the number of my comments will attest. But the source of my interest lay in the negativity of it's nature.:p

Too bad that the negativity was put there by YOU and not the original poster.

I was also interested in Moss' run blocking, but not from an x's and o's perspective.

There has been alot of speculation here and in the media about Moss and how he would perform. It looks like we got the old Moss at least for yesterday, however, is it the old Moss with the baggage or is there anything else we might see that would indicate that Moss has truly drunk from the Patriot Kool-Aid? Aggressively commiting to run blocking assignments might indicate the latter.

Given that Moss's ability to remain healthy is in question, I wouldn't mind if he didn't block -- in fact I wouldnt mind if they sat him until the first week of the playoffs (seeing as how apparantly he doesnt need practice games to be in top shape)

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are getting defensive, it's not like he asked if you people have anal sex with your partners

So that's what blocking a back means!

Sorry, but you aren't a fan. Your an arsehole. And, in all honesty, I don't believe for a second that you have played or even coached.

YOU are the pretender. And your insistence on insulting people because your a fool who doesn't understand the game shows that you are the pretender.

I could care less what you do or don't believe. Your opinion is from what perspective...a 2 time Madden Northeast champion? Hah!:D

If you stick around long enough, you'll realize I know what I'm talking about. So are you saying Madden/Fantasy guys are the real fans?

Pah-Leezzz:rolleyes:

Too bad that the negativity was put there by YOU and not the original poster.

Oh really? Let's see, I think the original post said something like, "what I'm interested in is did Randy maintain his blocks and especially if he did when the play was away from him"

Read between the lines...."I don't care that he shocked the world with his catches and gave Brady a much needed target he can be confident in....something he lacked all last season...what I care about is did he give his all even when he wasn't making the best plays of the game"

Jeesh! What I care about is does Tom Brady execute his follow through perfectly even when he completes a 50 yard touchdown bomb...forget the fact that he threw a 50 yard touchdown bomb...You are unbelieveable! Focus on all the great plays we saw. None of us is pretending to be a coach and can do nothing about what a player is NOT doing, so why even worry about it?

Who are you to say that people who play Madden and Fantasy football aren't real fans? Your a friggin NOBODY. YOU aren't a real fan. Real fans don't sh!t on other people just for asking a simple LEGITIMATE question.

I don't play Madden. Yes, I play fantasty football. I've also played football. Fantasy football is something I do for fun because its a strategy game.

As for learning about the game, I've learned a tremendous amount about the game from FAN SITES. More than I did from playing the game because I chose to play hockey through High School instead of football.

I've been rooting for the Pats since 1982. I remember Grogan, Tippett, Lippett, Morgan, Hannah, etc... I've been a fan through the lean years of the late 80's early 90s. And I continue to be a fan now.

Ahhh, did mr Reign hit a nerve? Get over it and get back to your X-box.

Question to those who were on the field.
Was Randy run blocking? Did he run routes full speed that were not aimed for him?
I was sitting in the upper deck yesterday and watched Moss more than the rest of the receivers. From what I saw he ran just as hard as everyone and jogged back to the huddle for after every play he wasn't involved in. After watching what he did live in person, I'm sold on this one. I couldn't believe how out-matched the Jets defenders were that tried to cover him off the line of scrimmage. He made Rhodes look like he was playing with his shoelaces tied together!!

People tend to overthink things too much, especially in a complicated game like football. In analyzing Moss's impact, I was struck by all the time Brady had. Was that because our OL was awesome? Was it because the Jets sucked? Or was it because there was no safety blitzing because the Jets were deathly afraid of Moss.

I go with number three. Moss's impact on the game could be felt even when he wasn't catching passes.

Just compare this offense with th one that lost to the Colts. Night and day.

THANK YOU! Now here is a fine example of a good football fan. He's focusing on the positives and all the possibilities Moss presents to Brady, the Patriots and the fans.

Take a bow amidst the negativity!....maybe Pitino was right! Oops, I think I see Randy Moss coming through that door.

Mr debruinz

you post a lot

but you tend to rub a lot of people the wrong way. You get way to personal and tend to INTERPRET what other people write.

Just an observation from years of viewing and weeks of posting

Chargers fan here!

Your Moss gamble paid off nice already, my compliments!

Honestly, when I first heard you'd picked him up I was surprised since I always (despite all the smack from last years playoff game) felt your organization only went after "character" and "team" guys! Randy has always been a "Me" guy! He not only hates to block for other players, but avoids football hits like the plague.

Admittedly, our secondary is average at best, but we're a lot better when we only have to defend corners. Moss in the middle vs. the Bolts is a twig waiting to be snapped! And after a clean, hard, football hit, Randy will take some of his infamous "plays off"

The Jets defense cannot be compared to the Chargers! Your offense is a great one and Brady deserves respect. But your O-line is your key this week because Brady, like P. Manning, doesn't fare well in street fights! Can't wait for Sunday!

Has Gostkowski been shedding blocks on kickoffs?

Mr debruinz

you post a lot

but you tend to rub a lot of people the wrong way. You get way to personal and tend to INTERPRET what other people write.

Just an observation from years of viewing and weeks of posting

Yep, gotta agree with this one.

Question to those who were on the field.
Was Randy run blocking? Did he run routes full speed that were not aimed for him?

he did not do any of that...he was too busy catching passes for unreal yardage

Well, on one play that I noticed, Moss did run block for Sammy. I really wouldn't say Moss is the second coming of Hines Ward or even David Givens but he did block his guy which helped spring Sammy for either a first down or something like a nine yard gain. Other than that one play, I really can't say. I had other things on my mind beside Moss' run blocking.

Too bad I couldn't get him for my fantasy team. He went like 2 picks ahead of me... settled for Carson Palmer instead so I guess it's all good. :)

Randy Moss brought his A game. Let's hope he makes a habit of it. But he definitely gives us fans reason to be excited.

And no I don't expect him to run block like Dan Graham did. Just giving it an effort is good enough for me, especially when the guy puts up 180 yards! Woot!
:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back