PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss: Did he run block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBaronPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Question to those who were on the field.
Was Randy run blocking? Did he run routes full speed that were not aimed for him?

People just won't give up on trying to knock him will they. The guy puts up 183 yards and you're still trying to nitpick.

he did a nice job of run-blocking, but I distinctly recall him taking a play off to order a pizza

People just won't give up on trying to knock him will they. The guy puts up 183 yards and you're still trying to nitpick.
I think he's simply trying to get some inside information, as watching the game gives the viewer nothing regarding players who aren't carrying the ball. It's a reasonable question as to whether Moss is playing an all-around game and participating in the little things when not the targeted receiver. The only people who can answer this question are those who attended the game or those who see the NFL game tapes.

To TheBaronPatriot, suggest you contact Mike Felger. He'll give you the straight dope.

Last edited:
Was Randy run blocking? Did he run routes full speed that were not aimed for him?

As long as he both "Some" effort, WHO CARES?

Mr Negative!

As long as he both "Some" effort, WHO CARES?

Mr Negative!

The people who are being NEGATIVE are yourself and NORDY. Acting like BaronPatriot is trying to knock Moss when they are just legitimate questions.

Yes, Moss did some run-blocking and did as good a job as a receiver can. Now, while Moss did not seem to play full-speed, I think that is more because his full speed wasn't needed. I did not see him dogging it on any plays that didn't go to him. In fact, he congratulated the other receivers whenever he was on the field with them and they made a catch.

Of course he was run-blocking. Didn't you see him take out 3 DBs in that 51 yard TD?

I would love to hear the answers to his questions. Did anyone keep an eye out for that?

He was split wide usually and I didn't see any running plays in his vicinity where he'd be called upon to block. (I was watching the ball most of the time, though.) He seemed to go full-speed on all pass plays; in other words, I didn't notice him taking plays off. One little tidbit I DID notice was that whenever Brady was playing catch keeping warm on the sidelines, Moss was there with him and Cassell.

Last edited:
The people who are being NEGATIVE are yourself and NORDY. Acting like BaronPatriot is trying to knock Moss when they are just legitimate questions.

Yes, Moss did some run-blocking and did as good a job as a receiver can. Now, while Moss did not seem to play full-speed, I think that is more because his full speed wasn't needed. I did not see him dogging it on any plays that didn't go to him. In fact, he congratulated the other receivers whenever he was on the field with them and they made a catch.

First, let Baron defend himself...he doesn't need you doing that. Second, as fans, we evaluate if a guy is getting the job done. In Moss' case, the job is 90% catching passes. So don't be looking for the littel things he may or may not do. Focus on the main thing. And on the main thing, he received an A+ rating yesterday.

P.S. Being negative isn't about picking on each other here...no one cares about that. Being negative is looking for the little flaws in your team when they played one of their best games in a couple of years.

We're not here to pretend we're professional analysts because....well, WE'RE NOT!:eek:

It's kinda like asking if Gisele cooks.

Just kidding, it's a good question and I (who couldn't see the game yesterday) would like to know from someone who did whether Moss was involved in none Moss plays on the field (and whether or not Gisele cooks).

First, let Baron defend himself...he doesn't need you doing that. Second, as fans, we evaluate if a guy is getting the job done. . . . So don't be looking for the littel things he may or may not do.

P.S. Being negative isn't about picking on each other here...no one cares about that. Being negative is looking for the little flaws in your team when they played one of their best games in a couple of years.

We're not here to pretend we're professional analysts because....well, WE'RE NOT!:eek:
Everyone who posts to this board looks at the game in different ways. Some like to get into very detailed granular topics regarding a player's performance. Others are happy just to see the team have success. This board is free of constraints as we can ask anything we want. There were no (that's zero) indications that TheBaron's question was asked in order to then post something negative. As others have indicated, some of us are interested in this. So, let it be and take a post for how it reads.

Just so you know, there are some paid analysts who post on this board. There are many posters who provide extremely competent insight to the game and know it better than many "professionals."

By the way, who are you referring to when you write "We're" ??? Are you pregnant?

On the opening drive, one of Maroney's first big gains, whoever Moss was blocking made the tackle. It looked like Moss had a DB engaged and the DB slacked off, like the play was over then made a move to Maroney.

By that time Maroney had about 10 yards. It looked like there was a Saftey closing in as he was tackled.

Simply the way I saw/remember it.

Yes he did run block. He blocked the corner and safety that were running with him wherever he went.

First, let Baron defend himself...he doesn't need you doing that. Second, as fans, we evaluate if a guy is getting the job done. In Moss' case, the job is 90% catching passes. So don't be looking for the littel things he may or may not do. Focus on the main thing. And on the main thing, he received an A+ rating yesterday.

You may not care about the other 10%, but many of us do. It's not a knock on Moss, but I want to know how he did on 100% of his plays, even ones where he wasn't catching the ball.

Everyone who posts to this board looks at the game in different ways. Some like to get into very detailed granular topics regarding a player's performance. Others are happy just to see the team have success. This board is free of constraints as we can ask anything we want. There were no (that's zero) indications that TheBaron's question was asked in order to then post something negative. As others have indicated, some of us are interested in this. So, let it be and take a post for how it reads.

Just so you know, there are some paid analysts who post on this board. There are many posters who provide extremely competent insight to the game and know it better than many "professionals."

By the way, who are you referring to when you write "We're" ??? Are you pregnant?

Ok, so you're saying there are real fans here and then some geeks with no life who micro analyze every minute detail of the game and come up with boring negative commentary.

Guess what? I knew that already. You don't need to "Try" to put me in my place. I know my place and I'm right where I'm supposed to be my friend...than you, thank you very much!

Maybe you missed it or your eyes/memory are failing you. I'm not pregnant my little man...I AM

PATRIOTSREIGN

try not to forget it again:cool:

Dude, why do you assume I was knocking??
I was a fan of Randy from day 1.
It's NOT a knock but a question.
Thanks for your worthless post making assumptions.

Last edited:
You may not care about the other 10%, but many of us do. It's not a knock on Moss, but I want to know how he did on 100% of his plays, even ones where he wasn't catching the ball.

As long as you do that on every other player, you're ok.

If you only do that on Moss, you're an idiot!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots