PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss' Best Play of the Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my favorite would have to be one in miami where he jumped over 2 defenders to catch it..but without a doubt, their was one TD catch he made in dallas where he caught it with his fingertips and somehow managed to slide both of his feet in bounds with about 6inches of room but lost the ball while hitting the ground, that would of easily been the moss play of the year.

ImgDyn.cfm

ImgDyn.cfm

ImgDyn.cfm

Damm great pics man....try to get a pic of the first one against Miami...the way he jumped over those dbs would make for a great poster :)

Haha...I love the before and after Greer shots...and it shows just how much extension Moss had to get to reach the ball, let alone the diffuculty of actually making that catch without slowing down.

I liked the first TD against the Jets, the TD against the Colts, and the one-yard play action TD against the Dolphins when Brady threw a bullet and Moss reacted quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best three (in order):

#1 - The first TD catch in Miami. The slow motion replay of that will be shown for the next 30 years. Just beautiful how sprung into the air; seemed to hang there forever.

#2 - The first TD catch against the Bengals. Where he learned to control/contort his body like that, I'll never know. The guy turned into a corkscrew in order to land in bounds.

#3 - The one-hander against Indy. Brady throws an absolute bullet and Moss lazily cuffs it going across the middle. Everyone was speechless after that.

What great receptions? I haven't seen any. He's an OK receiver.

Although it doesnt get enough pub because it was ultimately not ruled a catch...his almost TD against Dallas where he slid his left leg was just ridiculous. There is no one in the NFL today, and possibly NFL ever, who could've made that an almost TD..and Moss came oh so close. If only he maintained posession, we would be talking easily the best catch this year, and one of the best catches ever.
Agreed....

His most spectacular (almost)play was an incompletion this year. Against Dallas over to the side of the endzone where he stretches out to grab a ball that is going out of bounds and he somehow drags his feet when there seemed to be no chance he could stay in and keep possession. It was ruled incomplete because the ball came loose when he hit the ground. Jesus that would have been beautiful. I was freaking out when the ref ruled it a TD at first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back