PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss a Locker Room Cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asante4prez

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I keep hearing how much of a liability acquiring Moss was and the media have been quick to call him among other things, a "cancer" to teams. A Cancer? The guy may talk a little stuff here and there (butt wiping on the Packers goal post,"Straight Cash Homie") but I just don't know if you can call him a liability! The guy was sick of being on the pathetically awful Oakland Raiders! Wouldn't you be mad catching 2 passes a game from a guy named Andrew Walter with all of Moss ability?Certainly TO is cancer to a locker room in that he costs teams games (the sleeping on the ball incident last year, the constant media frenzy, the drop catches). Moss is more of a competitor and almost never costs teams games. The fact is Moss will not only do well in this new role. He will mark my words, THRIVE in it.

While I think the term 'cancer' is grossly over-used in sports references (it shouldn't be a sports term at all), I do see where Moss has been a locker room distraction.

In particular, the time when he walked off the field with time still remaining in a game against the Redskins. This is a terrible statement to make to the rest of the team. It not only alienated himself from the rest of the team, but then the rest of his teammates had to answer for it with the media. I see that is a big locker room distraction.

Also admitting that you take plays off does not get you in the good graces of your teammates, who I would suspect are busting their 'you know whats' on every play only to hear that their teammate is not giving it his all.

The Charger fans are saying he's going to be a cancer and is going to ruin the locker room chemistry... I don't buy it and yes I visited the Charger forum today... Was curious to see how they took the news... lol... Apparantly going after our needs this offseason has made us desparate...

I think Moss HAS BEEN a locker room distraction, but I don't think that will be the case in New England. At least not if Rodney and Brady have anything to say about it.

I heard Jeremy Green on the radio - he has some good insight being Dennis Green's son and Moss played most of his career for his dad.

Basically he said the bad guy/cancer thing is not correct. He said that Moss is very competitive and tends to get down/sulk when his team is losing but as long as the team is winning and he's a part of it (not the only part, but a part) then he's a perfectly good/competitive guy in the locker room.

I heard Jeremy Green on the radio - he has some good insight being Dennis Green's son and Moss played most of his career for his dad.

Basically he said the bad guy/cancer thing is not correct. He said that Moss is very competitive and tends to get down/sulk when his team is losing but as long as the team is winning and he's a part of it (not the only part, but a part) then he's a perfectly good/competitive guy in the locker room.

Amidst all the fears and anxiety about this whole thing, nice to see some perspective. With this group much of his acting out stuff will be tolerated, can you imagine him flapping his jaws and the having to face Rodney, Seymour, Thomas and some of these guys who believe in and buy into this system. The group can modulate his behavior and tendency to act out, the vice versa of this is true also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down