PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Cross on Maroney Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSA & Danny88...

NSA and danny88 have all the commomn sense of a a collective IQ just above freezing. No matter how hard you complain and moan, Bill and Scott will evaluate the talent available to them in the draft, and use it for the good of the Team.

Drafting a RB equipped with a PR flack department, pushing him for a Heisman Trophy is NOT high on their priority list. I suspect that now that they stand with the second pick in the draft, they will trade down to a QB wanting team in the top Five; then trade down for someone who wants McFadden, in the top ten; and pick a player in the range 10-15, (Lauranitis? Maluega?) and then again at picks like # 33, and # 36, and #64.

One of which such as #36 and/or #64 might be spent on a RB.

That is if they don't trade one of those for a 2009 #1 pick.:D

Last edited:
Re: NSA & Danny88...

NSA and danny88 have all the commomn sense of a a collective IQ just above freezing. No matter how hard you complain and moan, Bill and Scott will evaluate the talent available to them in the draft, and use it for the good of the Team.

Drafting a RB equipped with a PR flack department, pushing him for a Heisman Trophy is NOT high on their priority list. I suspect that now that they stand with the second pick in the draft, they will trade down to a QB wanting team in the top Five; then trade down for someone who wants McFadden, in the top ten; and pick a player in the range 10-15, (Lauranitis? Maluega?) and then again at picks like # 33, and # 36, and #64.

I dont want to draft mcfadden. At least get your facts straight before you talk.

One of the funniest moments in last week's interview with BB on WEEI was when, I think it was Pete Sheppard asked Belichick "Hey Coach - so when do you think Brady's shoulder will be healed enough to remove him from the "probable" list?

After an awkward silence BB said "I don't know"

I get the feeling that had we been going up against a tougher opponent Maroney would have been out there.

Hey, I don't care if we draft a RB in the top 5 or not. As much as I love McFadden, I am kind of agreeing with the masses that we shouldn't draft a RB that high and pay him like LT before he proves he is a LT. With our luck he'll turn into another friggen Maroney and we'll be paying some DUD 3x the money. We can draft a RB in the 4th rd and get better production than what Maroney gives us. It's not like it's hard to find running backs that can give us more than what Maroney gives us. I just want Maroney to step his game up and play like a RB worthy of a 1st rd pick or I want us to find somebody better in the draft.

On WEEI BB did say he Maroney and Faulk were both "probably good to go" in the second half but there was "really no need" to put them back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back