PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Cross on Maroney Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Randy Cross just said on Sirius NFL Radio, that 'they reported Maroney had a foot injury, but after the game Maroney himself said "I didn't get injured, I'm fine. Injured? Not that I know of."

I guess it's one of those deals again, where we won't know if he's hurt, or if he is, how long he'll be out. Par for the course.

Randy Cross just said on Sirius NFL Radio, that 'they reported Maroney had a foot injury, but after the game Maroney himself said "I didn't get injured, I'm fine. Injured? Not that I know of."

I guess it's one of those deals again, where we won't know if he's hurt, or if he is, how long he'll be out. Par for the course.

What else is new. Death, taxes, and Glass getting nicked up are the 3 locks in this world. 6 carries, 19 yards, 3.1 YPC, and a TD that ANYONE could of scored with the hole that was made by the offensive line. This guy is a bust.

What else is new. Death, taxes, and Glass getting nicked up are the 3 locks in this world. 6 carries, 19 yards, 3.1 YPC, and a TD that ANYONE could of scored with the hole that was made by the offensive line. This guy is a bust.

I guess the Pats should fire Pioli and hire your sorry arse for talent evaluation.

Friggin people who think that you can judge whether a player is a bust after 1 season. I bet you were one of the morons who thought Daniel Graham was a bust. And that Ben Watson was a bust.. Same with Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork.

I guess the Pats should fire Pioli and hire your sorry arse for talent evaluation.

Friggin people who think that you can judge whether a player is a bust after 1 season. I bet you were one of the morons who thought Daniel Graham was a bust. And that Ben Watson was a bust.. Same with Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork.

It has been 2 seasons. Maroney has done nothing in his last 16 games starting last year in the playoffs. Stop acting like this type of critasism is not warrented. So far Maroney has been a dissapointment.

Last edited:

seriously, man, dont be down on maroney just yet....say that AFTER he plays a whole dam game, i dont know wut is up with this whole "Take our 1st round pick RB out of the game after the 1st Quarter bullcrap"

ahhh, oh well, i guess well find out sooner or later....

He may have been benched for dancing after his "I'm not gonna change my style" comments in the press.

seriously, man, dont be down on maroney just yet....say that AFTER he plays a whole dam game, i dont know wut is up with this whole "Take our 1st round pick RB out of the game after the 1st Quarter bullcrap"

ahhh, oh well, i guess well find out sooner or later....

Its called getting benched. I don't want to hear the "we don't need him crap". He did nothing when he was in vs the BILLS. The freaking bills.

Belichick leaves all his starters in most of the game. Why would maroney be any different. Especially when he looks like he needs reps.

He got hurt or he got benched.

Last edited:
He may have been benched for dancing after his "I'm not gonna change my style" comments in the press.

when he say that???

also, now he denies being reported injured? i dont like that...if i was maroney, and a reporter told me that i was reported with a foot injury, i would say "yea, i got a little banged up"........DO NOT, EVER, make BB look bad, LOL

Hey man, chillax!! I told you He was gonna score his 1st TD last night. what do you want from the guy?

When was Maroney dancing? :rolleyes:

Hey man, chillax!! I told you He was gonna score his 1st TD last night. what do you want from the guy?

What do we want from the guy? This is afirst round draft choice. He needs to do a hell of a lot more then score one td in 10 games and get hurt ALL the time. Tell me what has Maroney done since week 13 LAST year? Aside from get major surgery and missing games this year.

Not to mention he ran like crap AGAIN last night.

Last edited:
Its called getting benched. I don't want to hear the "we don't need him crap". He did nothing when he was in vs the BILLS. The freaking bills.

Belichick leaves all his starters in most of the game. Why would maroney be any different. Especially when he looks like he needs reps.

He got hurt or he got benched.

hey, that running is barely his fault....

every time he was in there, i did not see ANY holes, wut i did see is bills flying and slowing him down right AFTER touching the ball...before he took 3 steps....

he ran tough, he broke tackles.....but the run blocking when he was in was awful

hey, that running is barely his fault....

every time he was in there, i did not see ANY holes, wut i did see is bills flying and slowing him down right AFTER touching the ball...before he took 3 steps....

he ran tough, he broke tackles.....but the run blocking when he was in was awful

I guess there was better holes for Eckel and Evans? Nope. Addai ran all over us. Our d is better then the bills. Maroney cannot make things happen. Stop blaming the offensive line for Maroneys shortcomings.

I guess he has gotten no holes over 10 games? What has Maroney done since week 13 last year?

If he is not hurt I wouldn't be surprised, I see it as one of 3 things:
1) He was hurt and they are being cautious.
2) He was being benched for being indecisive. I swear he must have a subtle 'tell', whenever he gets the ball it is like the other team knows exactly when he will be running. Either that or he can't block so they aren't going to put him to block and risk Brady getting killed.
3) BB is a saving him, after seeing the team has a 100 point lead after the first quarter they rest their poor little RB so he can be fresh down the stretch.

By money is on #2, he had his helmet on the whole game, they never showed him talking to a trainer. Hopefully this lights a fire under his butt and we see a real spark down the stretch.

when he say that???

also, now he denies being reported injured? i dont like that...if i was maroney, and a reporter told me that i was reported with a foot injury, i would say "yea, i got a little banged up"........DO NOT, EVER, make BB look bad, LOL

Right here:
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_pats16_11-16-07_667T0EB_v15.246a423.html

“A lot of folks want to talk about how somebody runs, but ask them if they ever ran the ball before,” he said “Everybody thinks it’s as easy as just getting the ball and go run. There’s more to it than that. I didn’t try to hide my running style (from the Patriots). They knew my running style before they drafted me. They drafted me because of my running style and what I’ve been able to do on the collegiate level so I feel like I shouldn’t have to change because one person feels like I dance too much…That (isn’t) what got me here. I’m going to continue doing what got me here"

Gotta wonder if BB experienced a blood pressure spike after reading that?

Maroney is a thoroughbred who likes to run in open spaces..so is McFadden.

There aren't a whole lot of open spaces in the NFL. You have to be part plow horse. I thought Eckel looked good...quick feet.

Right here:
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_pats16_11-16-07_667T0EB_v15.246a423.html

“A lot of folks want to talk about how somebody runs, but ask them if they ever ran the ball before,” he said “Everybody thinks it’s as easy as just getting the ball and go run. There’s more to it than that. I didn’t try to hide my running style (from the Patriots). They knew my running style before they drafted me. They drafted me because of my running style and what I’ve been able to do on the collegiate level so I feel like I shouldn’t have to change because one person feels like I dance too much…That (isn’t) what got me here. I’m going to continue doing what got me here"

Gotta wonder if BB experienced a blood pressure spike after reading that?

That kind of attitude is not good from a developing player. I had thought that Maroney was working to improve his running style, avoiding the upright, easier to take down style when hiting the hole. In fact I thought I saw evidence of such improvement in the skins game. The quote dissapoints me, but the only thing that really counts is his contribution in the next 9 games. Let's watch and see what happens.

Morris and Faulk see what is there and make the most of it. Maroney is at the bottom of the list of our RBs in that regard. His YPC was the worst of any back last night, and accurately reflects his performance. That is my leading theory as to the reason he was benched. A disappointing half from Maroney. He still has opportunities, but unless he shows some improvement, I fear they may be dwindling.

Last edited:
What do we want from the guy? This is afirst round draft choice. He needs to do a hell of a lot more then score one td in 10 games and get hurt ALL the time. Tell me what has Maroney done since week 13 LAST year? Aside from get major surgery and missing games this year.

Not to mention he ran like crap AGAIN last night.

You speak my language danny. Right on brother. Hey, why is it so hard for some pats fans to call a spade a spade? I mean, I WANT this guy to be good. We need him. However, he just isn't getting the job done. I mean, let's be honest. If you didn't know this guy was a 1st Rd pick, wouldn't EVERYONE be saying that we need a better running back? People keep hanging their hat on the fact that this guy was a 1st rd pick. So what!!!!!!!!!!!! What does his performance on the field say? I say it says he is A-V-E-R-A-G-E.

Last edited:
You speak my language danny. Right on brother. Hey, why is it so hard for some pats fans to call a spade a spade? I mean, I WANT this guy to be good. We need him. However, he just isn't getting the job done. I mean, let's be honest. If you didn't know this guy was a 1st Rd pick, wouldn't EVERYONE be saying that we need a better running back? People keep hanging their hat on the fact that this guy was a 1st rd pick. So what!!!!!!!!!!!! What does his performance on the field say? I say it says he is A-V-E-R-A-G-E.

You are probably right...maybe they made a bit of a mistake. Nice guy, but what do you want from him? He is doing the best he can.

I thougth Eckel looked good...quick feet and a low center of gravity can't be taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes